10:09, Tue 12 Jan
DES
Yes remember that one at the Blues. Queued up all night around the ground to get a ticket. When I got mine about two people behind me also got a ticket and they closed the turnstiles on the corner of the Kop and Tilton. Thousands did not get a ticket. 52000 that night (I think it was a night game) and I was in the kop with loads of Man U and Blues.
10:16, Tue 12 Jan
The Norwich game there was over 40,000 at that game. Very heavy rain, so much so that all the crowd crushed up to get under the roofs of the terraces. We talked my mate Tommy who hated football to go, he had a Bovril and came few more times, because he loved the taste down the Blues.
STD
12:11, Tue 12 Jan
Blues Vs Ipswich at home in the Cup to get to Cardiff - The place was electric and Grainger and Horsfield lit the fuse as the place went barmy

Blues Vs Coventry - Daish went into the crowd

Blues Vs Man Utd - Grainger free kick and then a nice loud who when Beckham got subbed for Ronaldo

Blues Vs Arsenal - 0-4 - I have never seen a team like that, yes Coly helped them but Bergkamp just walked all game and was immense

I'll also remember Birmingham Vs Spurs - 1-1 when Kiroski scored to level up, took a my girlfriends at the time and her brother who happened to be a spurs fan. He never celebrated but kept smiling like a fanny at me throughout the game and when Blues levelled I remember celebrating, then sticking the middle finger in his face for about 2 minutes. We split up soon after that.
Moist
12:16, Tue 12 Jan
Remember this game so well too .. for some reason was in a box that day and Terry Cooper wife a guest in there .. you can imagine Terry’s mood when he came in after game !!
07:29, Wed 13 Jan
STD
As mentioned ipswich, Watford, villa, West ham 80s and semi, leeds 85,Swindon.

Surprised no one has mentioned the leeds league cup semi 95?
We had a great cup run and i thought just maybe we could get to the final.
Leeds were clear favourites but when Francis put us one up i thought this is it!
Obviously to be and it would have been villa in the final?!?!
Aside from derbies and Finals

Ipswich semi (oh what an atmosphere), Watford play off

Disaster days: Barnsley home leg playoff (0-4), Bournemouth (0-8), Rotherham away (1-5). Leeds and Stoke pitch battles. Bomb scare ground evacuation (Watford?)

Fair play to opposition: Arsenal (0-4), Swindon (4-6)

Stunned: Leeds (4-5)

Adventures: Barnsley FA Cup away day (2-0), Oldham first day of Div 1 promotion season (1-0) storming gates to get in, being chased by police horseback after match across park in espadrilles. 2-0 win at Stoke, another opening day victory with great atmosphere in away end (think Gleghorn scored)Various days out on the special trains out of New Street

Memorable games

3-0 and 1-0 wins at Oxford's old Manor Ground

A Sunday 4-4 draw at Highfield Road with Cov

New Years Day 4-3 win at Sheff Utd. Goalless first-half and 0-2 down I think

Fans burning their mates donkey jacket on the terrace at Gay Meadow

Beating Portsmouth to go 4th in Premier League (on 27/9/03 day after my first born arrived)

I could go on and could probably write a book from all the joys and sorrows I've had
Charles Road
Nose of Blue
Exeter away, Blues fans snowballing the penalty taker and making him miss.

That was a fun day.

Then the following season at Exeter when Eamonn Dolan was almost arrested for warming down, if memory serves me right?

I was at the snowball game, it was around my birthday. Didn't Gayle score both? The penalty and the snowballs were funny. There was a HT snowball fight between those of us behind the goal and the Blues fans in the seats.

I remember one of the Exeter photographers getting pelted too. He called a cop to get us to stop, and the cop looked at him as if to say - I'm not going there mate.

Didn't Cooper leave them shortly after that to manage us?

roger hynd
Think it was 5-1 and our first win of the season, ended up getting relegated

That Man U game was 1978 and I had just started my Naval training at HMS Raleigh. No TVs no radio, so didn't know the results until we got the papers. However the weather was bad and they were late so I asked a bloke serving breakfast if he knew the result. When he told me, I thought he was winding me up. Didn't believe him.

My memorable games.

1st home game 75 ish 4-0 home win Man City, 3-0 up at HT. Home to QPR 2-1 Trevor's amazing goal. I think the following season it was 2nd in goal of the season.

Boxing day villa win - obviously.

The last game in the Kop too drawing 2-2 with Brizzol after being 2-0 down.

Then following that theme 2-0 down to Wolves which we drew 2-2, went on a good run, sneaked into the playoffs and... Carter for the Premiership!

2-1 over Southampton in FA cup when Bald Eagle was manager. We were 2nd flight. Took them apart. 4-3 against Forest.

3-1 (could have been 3-0) win at Argyle mid week which almost gave us promotion under Barry. Memorable for two reasons. Firstly I was living in Plymouth then, and that result virtually relegated Argyle. So that was fun with my mates!

Second reason the Blues team stayed at a hotel called Boringdon Hall in Plympton. So I popped over on the off chance after work - before the game. I bumped into Barry Fry in the entrance of the hotel, and he took me in met the squad had a drink with them. They then got on the coach, Fry said - come on get on the coach you can come with us! I had to refuse because my Mrs had asked me get some shopping. Fry said don't worry I'll use you as my team talk and tell those lot I want you going into work tomorrow and be able to take the piss of your work colleagues and not the other way round.
10:36, Wed 13 Jan
DES
A late mention for Bruges away in the Europa League, not just for the result but for the fun and shenanigans in the bars before and after.
That season, before the League Cup started, I had a dream that we played Vile in the semi-final, and won the first leg at home 3-1. It got ever more bizarre as we just kept winning against the odds. Was so pissed off when the semi draw was made. Back then I was still at univ and could only find out what the draw was by going to the TV room and checking teletext.
10:49, Wed 13 Jan
RomfordBlue
December 2003.

Birmingham 0 Blackburn 4.

Never been so cold in my life. Horrible game. Sat right behind the goal to see all four go in. Dugarry sent off.
Three or four weeks later I took my 10-year-old daughter to her first game. Blues 4 Blackburn 0 in the Cup. That was quite memorable for both of us. Forssell was on fire that day, and Savage did a good job of winding up Tugay. The match was held up for an hour or so because of floodlight failure, which meant we got back home to Devon pretty late that evening, but it was a great day all round.

Although my daughter was less than impressed that I was meeting up with my “internet friends” Block5Babe and Carling (formerly of this parish) for the first time, given that she was constantly being told at school never to meet “internet friends” in real life!
11:12, Wed 13 Jan
First season going down the Blues 1967:-
Blues 2 Millwall 3, we were 2-0 up with 20 minutes to go.
Boxing day Blues 4 Bristol City 1. A few days later Bristol City 3 Blues 1.
Typical Blues over the last 50 odd years.
20:39, Wed 13 Jan
Carlisle FA Cup 3rd round 1957, we'd drawn 3-3 with them at their ground. That game attracted their highest ever attendance (still).
Replay at our place with a mere 56,000 crowd to see this 3rd Division North team, what a crowd, what am atmosphere and what a team, 4-0 to us

The Sunderland cup game (already mentioned by other posters.) I hadn't been able to go for a while, my son prebooked the tickets, turned up, there were thousands queuing up for their tickets, so bad Brady had to help out, got in at half time moaning to my son that I was going to write up and tell them what a useless bunch they were. It was possibly the worst game of football (at that time) i'd ever seen, which of course we lost late on. Then told my son I was going to write up thanking them for keeping me out for the first half.

I also feel obliged to say I saw us beat Liverpool 9-1 amd my favourites, the two legs of our 1963 League Cup win.
22:00, Wed 13 Jan
DES
DES
Tam, I think Blackpool as 71, I was working and got finished early, raced up there with bro & a mate.
Parked right outside turnstiles and got in for kick off!

Do you recall the home game? Trev rocketed in a free kick from 40 yards out!
Best away win was @ hillsborough that season 2.1 win which put us in second place.

Kro

Still can’t believe I saw that goal, it was like has that just happened?
22:01, Wed 13 Jan
wow, i didn't know we were anybodys 'record attendance'

Is Carlisle the only one ?
22:04, Wed 13 Jan
Sir Heisenberg
RomfordBlue
December 2003.

Birmingham 0 Blackburn 4.

Never been so cold in my life. Horrible game. Sat right behind the goal to see all four go in. Dugarry sent off.
Three or four weeks later I took my 10-year-old daughter to her first game. Blues 4 Blackburn 0 in the Cup. That was quite memorable for both of us. Forssell was on fire that day, and Savage did a good job of winding up Tugay. The match was held up for an hour or so because of floodlight failure, which meant we got back home to Devon pretty late that evening, but it was a great day all round.

Although my daughter was less than impressed that I was meeting up with my “internet friends” Block5Babe and Carling (formerly of this parish) for the first time, given that she was constantly being told at school never to meet “internet friends” in real life![/quote

Oldham away in December was my coldest away match and that Italian match at home, plus the bloody flood lights going as well.