18:37, Tue 26 Dec
He was absolute garbage defending the last two goals.
18:38, Tue 26 Dec
More than anything we need a manager who can get us playing as if every game is a cup final ..... i know players should, in some ways, motivate themselves, but they need some sort of help and a catalyst.

We need to be "a team" and that includes the manager as part of that team
18:38, Tue 26 Dec
PerthBlue
Can blame Rooney all we want but the level of defending shown today is inexcusable, the players need to take a long hard look at themselves

What are Cole and Oshea doing? Both defenders
18:39, Tue 26 Dec
Bottom 6.

Oh dear.
Mr Driscoll
If the owners do the right thing before the weekend, tonight might just turn out to be the most positive point of this season.

This just ain’t sustainable unless he turns over 14 players in January because they ain’t doing it for him.
Writing is on the wall tbh for the owners!
They are smart men in business, unfortunately a football pitch isn’t spreadsheets!

But we haven't seen anything to even suggest that if he was to get 14 new players in (i know it's not going to happen) that he could then manage, motivate, organise those 14 players
malahideblues
PerthBlue
Can blame Rooney all we want but the level of defending shown today is inexcusable, the players need to take a long hard look at themselves

Think Wilford mentioned one of or both handle set pieces
18:40, Tue 26 Dec
This is absolutely embarassing. This stoke side have been shit this season. They could be 5 or 6 up.

Is there a worse side in the league at the moment
18:40, Tue 26 Dec
TaylorJay84
Mr Driscoll
If the owners do the right thing before the weekend, tonight might just turn out to be the most positive point of this season.

This just ain’t sustainable unless he turns over 14 players in January because they ain’t doing it for him.
They are smart men in business, unfortunately a football pitch isn’t spreadsheets!

That's a bit over the top. Writing may be on the wall for Rooney, for the owners this is a learning experience.

But bottom 6 and 9 pts from 39 is dreadful. I can't imagine they'll let him carry on too much longer unless he can string some wins together.
18:41, Tue 26 Dec
malahideblues
PerthBlue

Ashley Cole isn't a defensive coach, dont even know what type of coach o shea is
Berger has just taken the absolute piss out of entire midfield then slid a beautiful ball through. We don’t have a single player that can do that.
This is spot on.

Set the team up correctly….and that means being able to defend as a unit, not just with two centre backs trying to cover 4 or 5 positions on their own.

The only game where we were organised better defensively was Cardiff; clean sheet, limited their chances, job done.
Miyoshi’s going to get filed in the same cabinet as Jota, Villalba and Fabbrini isn’t he
18:42, Tue 26 Dec
True.

But they do look at data.

And the data says he's feckin useless.
18:42, Tue 26 Dec
Rags
Mr Driscoll

But we haven't seen anything to even suggest that if he was to get 14 new players in (i know it's not going to happen) that he could then manage, motivate, organise those 14 players

No I agree I mate. Which emphasises the point I don’t think even a major overhaul could change the trajectory atm.
Desperate stuff!
I get the anger is aimed at the manager, he deserves it too for his shortcomings tactically, the players as much as they might be limited etc have shown some abysmal performances, like basic basic park football mistakes, there’s no leadership on that pitch from anyone!
Mr Cook has a lot to answer for imo.
18:43, Tue 26 Dec
goal back for blues, Donovan assist, Stansfield goal