14:44, Sun 7 Jan
Mmmm. He says they can’t score goals and the first two clips are from games they won 3-1 (including the game against us). Part of his analysis says they aren’t very good at teams who sit deep, defend and are passive - and complains they don’t play balls down the channel and penetrative balls behind the defence. Try those things with low block teams sitting on the edge of their own penalty box. I don’t quite get the analysis which says in his opinion they’ve played some of the best football he has seen from Sunderland, he’s thoroughly enjoyed it, but they move the ball far too slowly and never get the ball into the box in a dangerous way from wide areas.

Also looked at the record of last season as they are so poor at scoring goals. They scored the equal fourth highest in the league. It was their first back in the Championship.

They have been vulnerable in the air (though last year 3 midgets managed to win 3 headers in our six yard box for one of their goals) and a bit lacking physically. I think they’ve tried to address this a bit this year but at a bit of a sacrifice to their passing game at times. As has been said, let’s see how they do from now on.
13:24, Mon 8 Jan
I sent this, this morning, to an ardent Villa fan i know - who is really immature and never has anything positive to say about Blues.

He just texted me back .... "Bastards - you don't serve him"
13:54, Mon 8 Jan
He just texted me back .... "Bastards - you don't serve him"

...sounds like he posts on here 😤