I wouldn't necessarily have been adverse to him being brought in as the experienced senior figure under the previous manager.

But he's won more games than he's lost at every club with a decent win ratio I believe.

I am OK with this if it happens...
The cold never bothered me anyway
16:00, Thu 4 Jan
“I am OK with this if it happens”

Thank god for that, I’ll let them know to press ahead 👍😂
17:08, Thu 4 Jan
Posting this - not as a push for Mowbray to get the job - but because it cropped up as a link when i was reading summat last night - so i watched it.

What an absolutely lovely, human being he is.

always liked the guy from his playing days and then what he did at WBA, after listening to that i’m definitely on the Mogga Bus

i think geography could rule us out tho - if his family is still north east based which i presume they would be from his stint at Sunderland

but seems the man manager, maybe old skool but can’t see him throwing his players u der the bus week in week out, just cause they’re maybe not as good as him !

interesting watch to understand the mind of what seems a humble football man, dedicated to his profession and those around him
Seems like he was shafted ala JE. Can't see if he would be a long term answer for Blues and would he feel he might get the same treatment here as he did at Sunderland? Or if he was offered the job here would the owners tell him he'd be a short term answer until a more desirable manager came along? [www.si.com]

If I were him I'd think long and hard.
They're coming to take me away haha hehe haha
17:16, Thu 4 Jan
QBBC2
Rab C Nesbitt
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Rab C Nesbitt
Fat Buddha CBE
Marvellous

Sounds like Terry Cooper, reading that. Which is the biggest compliment I could give someone. Still my favourite ever manager.
That was our time mate. A stress free world. I wanted them to play 7 times a week

Started going in 1991 but regularly under cooper. Funnily enough I said to the bloke next to me last week that I loved it and enjoyed it more back then than I do now even though we were absolutely shit
Much the same myself but a couple of years earlier. Tagged along with some older lads from my local who knew my old man. Never laughed so much in my life as I did on the kop back then. The football was dire so we entertained ourselves. Then Barry Fry came in and life was never the same again 🤣
used to be some right barmpots go from Quarry Bonk. A lad now mid/late forties with a good head of ginger hair one I recognised a few years back from probably 25/30 years back.
Tony Fantastico
Seems like he was shafted ala JE. Can't see if he would be a long term answer for Blues and would he feel he might get the same treatment here as he did at Sunderland? Or if he was offered the job here would the owners tell him he'd be a short term answer until a more desirable manager came along? [www.si.com]

Short term could be exactly what he wants.

He’s settled in the NE but 6 months in the Midlands, bringing a team threatened with relegation to a playoff push (its only 12 points), set them up to push on next season and leave a hero. Sounds enticing.
17:32, Thu 4 Jan
I'm sure it will come down to the chemistry between Mowbray and Cook. I can't see Mowbray taking a job if he doesn't feel it's right.
17:39, Thu 4 Jan
Would be happy with Mowbray getting the job, have always rated him, seems a top guy aswell
17:50, Thu 4 Jan
Tom TheProject Brady

He’s settled in the NE but 6 months in the Midlands, bringing a team threatened with relegation to a playoff push (its only 12 points), set them up to push on next season and leave a hero. Sounds enticing.
I honestly don’t get where this short termism is coming from. Mowbray does well he stays the way his teams play
Tony Fantastico
Tam
18:06, Thu 4 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
Tom TheProject Brady

I honestly don’t get where this short termism is coming from. Mowbray does well he stays the way his teams play

I was thinking along the same lines. If it turns out to be Mowbray, there's no reason that he couldn't oversee the evolution, if not the revolution.
Make Blues Great Again
Why did Sunderland feel the need to eff him off after 15 months? He was doing well and then got JE'd. He might think he might get the same treatment here, it's not like we've done it before 🥴
They're coming to take me away haha hehe haha
Speakman on a power trip apparently. Telling him who to play or summat. If that’s the case even more respect to Mowbray.
Tony Fantastico
18:14, Thu 4 Jan
Tam
What's worrying me slightly is, what if he is offered the job and turns it down, reading this thread there will be one or two very disappointed blues fans, me included.
Tam
18:15, Thu 4 Jan
sheffield blue
What's worrying me slightly is, what if he is offered the job and turns it down, reading this thread there will be one or two very disappointed blues fans, me included.

I have to admit, me too now.
Make Blues Great Again
18:19, Thu 4 Jan
Tam
Tam
sheffield blue

I have to admit, me too now.
Yeah and me. We’ll cope though.
I truly believe the future is bright
Tony Fantastico