10:26, Thu 4 Jan
My Blue Heaven
Rooneys football was five a side it’s as simple as that

Shit five-a-side to boot.
10:28, Thu 4 Jan
Spike
Waggeh
he'd be a very sensible progression in style of football from a Eustace or a Rowett.

Yeah, a very good way to look at it.

He wouldn't be looking to come in, throw everybody up the pitch - not bother with defending and cause absolute chaos like Rooney did.

Neither would he come in and try to shithouse his way to an improvement.

He's far too intelligent for the one method and far too principled for the other.

He would look to defend sensibly, be organised, and get us passing the ball to each other within our capabilities - whilst looking to improve those capabilities in a sustainable way.

It ain't sexy but it's the right answer if you actually want to build something that will last and that you can bring people along with.
I’d disagree it ain’t sexy. I’m ready to empty tbh
Tony Fantastico
10:28, Thu 4 Jan
I want them to change their own bed on a morning. I don’t expect their mother to have to go and make their bed. ‘Make your bed’. What are they doing? It’s literally just a duvet. It’s not like it was in the old days with sheets – just pull your duvet up, get your pillows straight, open the curtains, what are you doing?

What’s not to like?
10:29, Thu 4 Jan
Yeah I wanted to believe in it but it was kamikaze in a league where teams will murder you with a pass.
Fat Buddha CBE
I want them to change their own bed on a morning. I don’t expect their mother to have to go and make their bed. ‘Make your bed’. What are they doing? It’s literally just a duvet. It’s not like it was in the old days with sheets – just pull your duvet up, get your pillows straight, open the curtains, what are you doing?

What’s not to like?
Especially if you’ve got a load of filth in bed
Tony Fantastico
Think I agree with Mowbray comments. Could be a good fit for us over next couple of years, to stabilise things which is what the club is crying out for. Knows the league inside out.
Got to stop going on about ex managers, the past is the past. New owners looking to the future, not the past.
10:35, Thu 4 Jan
Latest rumour is it will be him.

Well if it is (and i know nothing) all our fans should just watch this one interview to learn the nature of the bloke
10:37, Thu 4 Jan
Yeah favourite with all the bookmakers he is now and odds shortening by the minute
10:41, Thu 4 Jan
Fat Buddha CBE
What’s not to like?

Absolutely nothing.

The bloke's a flipping gem.
10:41, Thu 4 Jan
The difference between this thread and any other thread mentioning potential managers is stark isn’t it? This is exactly who we need to get everyone back together as one so the club can move forward.
10:42, Thu 4 Jan
Rags
Latest rumour is it will be him.

Well if it is (and i know nothing) all our fans should just watch this one interview to learn the nature of the bloke
He’s also very highly rated by the top clubs, he always seems to improve their loan players (Amad) so could be a benefit there too.
Gazball?
10:43, Thu 4 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt

I'm keeping my sock dry until I see him on The Kop with a scarf munching a packet of Revels and blowing on his cup of tea because it's too hot.
10:47, Thu 4 Jan
Spike
Rab C Nesbitt

I'm keeping my sock dry until I see him on The Kop with a scarf munching a packet of Revels and blowing on his cup of tea because it's too hot.
I can definitely see that with the cup of tea 😁😁😁
I think he’d be a Dairy Milk man though. Possibly extra strong mints
Tony Fantastico
I think we'd also finally get an answer once and for all as to whether this team can play passing football if we brought in Mowbray.

An upgrade on both Rooney and Eustace.
I sat in the Sunderland end when we played them away. Just behind the dugouts. The passion he showed and his booming voice constantly encouraging players stood out. Especially in contrast to Rooney’s silence.

I was very impressed and very pleased if this turns out to be the route we go.