10:15, Thu 4 Jan
Waggeh
Yeah, I'd be happy woth Mowbray. He wouldn't excite me like a Cooper or dare I say it the Rooney appointment did in some ways.

But he's a safe pair of hands and he'd be a very sensible progression in style of football from a Eustace or a Rowett.
And unite people which is vital right now. I’d be over the moon
Tony Fantastico
Only listened to first 10 minutes so far but it’s a yes from me if Cooper is off the menu.
If you had told me after the Sunderland away game that we could swap Rooney for their manager I'd have bitten your hand off
I’d be very happy with Mowbray, upgrade on Eustace imo
Rab C Nesbitt
Waggeh
Yeah, I'd be happy woth Mowbray. He wouldn't excite me like a Cooper or dare I say it the Rooney appointment did in some ways.

But he's a safe pair of hands and he'd be a very sensible progression in style of football from a Eustace or a Rowett.
And unite people which is vital right now. I’d be over the moon

Think you’re right mate. Despite our fanbase being full of wallys i’ve not seen one person slag Mowbray.
10:16, Thu 4 Jan
Great appointment if true
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
He would give us the perfect blend of Eustace and Rooney ball I think.

Organised but with good, positive football. As mentioned further up, he is a very emotionally intelligent man who seems to create unity, his Blackburn team regularly roasted us playing good stuff, and he didn't really have a pot to piss in there.
Happy Clapper
It says it all about the state of Blues (and to some extent society in general) that 18-months has become regarded as "long-term".

What I was meaning is Mowbray would be a safe pair of hands, would get us up the table, improve the playing style and give younger players a chance. To my mind he would deserve next season to see how far he can take Blues with the addition of new players.

It is likely any old coaches and managers not yet in a new job (and not beyond their Blues contract) are being paid by the club.
10:17, Thu 4 Jan
Only listened to first 10 minutes so far but it’s a yes from me. If Cooper is a definite no, he’s next best in my opinion.
10:18, Thu 4 Jan
Le Mod
He would give us the perfect blend of Eustace and Rooney ball I think.

Organised but with good, positive football. As mentioned further up, he is a very emotionally intelligent man who seems to create unity, his Blackburn team regularly roasted us playing goof stuff, and he didn't really have a pot to piss in there.
And with owners completely nuts
Tony Fantastico
10:18, Thu 4 Jan
It says it all about the state of Blues (and to some extent society in general) that 18-months has become regarded as "long-term".

What I was meaning is Mowbray would be a safe pair of hands, would get us up the table, improve the playing style and give younger players a chance. To my mind he would deserve next season to see how far he can take Blues with the addition of new players.

I agree
10:23, Thu 4 Jan
Waggeh
he'd be a very sensible progression in style of football from a Eustace or a Rowett.

Yeah, a very good way to look at it.

He wouldn't be looking to come in, throw everybody up the pitch - not bother with defending and cause absolute chaos like Rooney did.

Neither would he come in and try to shithouse his way to an improvement.

He's far too intelligent for the one method and far too principled for the other.

He would look to defend sensibly, be organised, and get us passing the ball to each other within our capabilities - whilst looking to improve those capabilities in a sustainable way.

It ain't sexy but it's the right answer if you actually want to build something that will last and that you can bring people along with.
I think realistically he’s the best option ( I just can’t see Cooper)

Plays good football, respected.
10:24, Thu 4 Jan
Rooneys football was five a side it’s as simple as that
10:26, Thu 4 Jan
Latest rumour is it will be him.
Gazball?