13:24, Thu 4 Jan
Would be very happy with Mowbray in the grand scheme of things.

Good football, proven track record in this league, good with young players... at a time where we can't afford to take another huge risk.

Gerrim in!
13:34, Thu 4 Jan
Agreed. 40% win rate over 800 games. Should be a good developer of our relatively young squad.
13:37, Thu 4 Jan
My pals who are Baggies fans rate him, one said he is the best manager they've had in their lifetime.
13:40, Thu 4 Jan
David Xavis
My pals who are Baggies fans rate him, one said he is the best manager they've had in their lifetime.
.same with me I have a few baggies mates who all say the same he’s the best boss they have seen down the baggies ,I’m in for him now I was undecided who I wanted but I want Mowbray now get him in Wagner and cook
13:46, Thu 4 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Rab C Nesbitt
Fat Buddha CBE
Marvellous

Sounds like Terry Cooper, reading that. Which is the biggest compliment I could give someone. Still my favourite ever manager.
That was our time mate. A stress free world. I wanted them to play 7 times a week

Started going in 1991 but regularly under cooper. Funnily enough I said to the bloke next to me last week that I loved it and enjoyed it more back then than I do now even though we were absolutely shit
Much the same myself but a couple of years earlier. Tagged along with some older lads from my local who knew my old man. Never laughed so much in my life as I did on the kop back then. The football was dire so we entertained ourselves. Then Barry Fry came in and life was never the same again 🤣
13:49, Thu 4 Jan
Very few ex-managers get such glowing endorsements from their ex-clubs as Mowbray. I was just looking on a Sunderland website which says:

Tony Mowbray is an exceptional manager and there is no doubt he will get another job in the Championship very easily.

Wherever Mowbray goes, there is no doubt that Sunderland fans will cheer on his new club every week. He is an unbelievably likeable man and did everything for this team – no one had a bad word to say about him.

[www.sunderlandafc.news]

I started the day with Mowbray in the "meh" pile but I'm now thinking that if we can't get Cooper, he'd probably be top of my list.
13:52, Thu 4 Jan
Chewits? Sh*t seen Rags's post now😔
14:06, Thu 4 Jan
theAtlas
Only listened to first 10 minutes so far but it’s a yes from me. If Cooper is a definite no, he’s next best in my opinion.

Listened to the rest of the interview now, let’s hope this happens 🙏
15:07, Thu 4 Jan
After listening to that, he seems the man to me.
Anything else apart I'd love to have pint with him.
15:19, Thu 4 Jan
It feels like there's white smoke from the chimney of a united SHA.

Linked Image
15:22, Thu 4 Jan
been watching and reading all these interviews, I'm in on Mowbray

gerrim in
15:25, Thu 4 Jan
Yes I wasn’t sure of his credentials before, but he sounds like he could be the man for us.
15:31, Thu 4 Jan
I remember watching him play in some random game and he was absolutely awesome. Have liked him ever since and have always been keen on him when we have been looking for new managers. Would still prefer Cooper, but you can't always get absolutely what you want but he is my very close second choice and would be very happy to see that scarf waving on the kop.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
LondonAndy
It feels like there's white smoke from the chimney of a united SHA.

Linked Image

Still waiting to hear the pronouncement from SHA's self proclaimed sage Thongs, if a DWBAB is acceptable, to him?
Really enjoyed that … not as dour as he looks !