18:06, Sat 13 Jan
Thought Hogan was great, started the press and ran his socks off, should have and two assists if not for Dembele fluffing his chance and we looked worse when Hogan come off, for some he will just alway get shit! He’s this squads Jonathan Grounds, it’s tiresome.

Bielik just isn’t athletic enough like most midfielders are this day and age imo, said it lots this season, he’s technically sound but he’s so laboured and slow, he slows most moves down, he literally stops the midfield having any tempo whilst Sunjic runs around like a loon without any real quality.
We absolutely need better quality in that midfield next season to consistently compete and take over games like TM would like his sides too do.

Sandersons decline since JE leaving too has been sad to see, even putting him back with Long, at times he just lacks the reading of a game and taking command of his back line.
HackneyBlue
Set Dembele up twice today, should have had 2 assists, Hogan had a good game, your agenda is clear

2 in 35 🤷

Nice overhead kick though
Iain_Gavin
HackneyBlue
He doesnt like playing centre forward so you can save your sympathy.

He should be in 10 rather than wide though.

I’ve seen this reported - I’m not denying it, I’ve just never seen a quote from him saying this. From what I’ve seen, he’s a centre forward who comes alive infront of goal - I don’t see what he brings as a 10, or out wide

Maybe with a decent striker infront of him he might show more

He's often out the game at centre forward. It's not his position.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
Iain_Gavin
HackneyBlue
Set Dembele up twice today, should have had 2 assists, Hogan had a good game, your agenda is clear

2 in 35 🤷

Nice overhead kick though

Thanks for confirming your agenda
18:07, Sat 13 Jan
Hogan created one with a neat lay off & his slick play should have resulted in another if dembele hadn’t had a brain freeze.

Hogan & Dembele our best players today.
18:07, Sat 13 Jan
TaylorJay84
Thought Hogan was great, started the press and ran his socks off, should have and two assists if not for Dembele fluffing his chance and we looked worse when Hogan come off, for some he will just alway get shit! He’s this squads Jonathan Grounds, it’s tiresome.

Bielik just isn’t athletic enough imo, said it lots this season, he’s technically sound but he’s so laboured and slow, he also slows most moves down, he literally stops the midfield having any tempo whilst Sunjic runs around like a loon.
We absolutely need better quality in that midfield next season to consistently compete and take over games.

Agreed about Bielik, but as a pair with Sunjic it hides each others flaws
18:09, Sat 13 Jan
BlueSteve
HackneyBlue

Confusing choice as Miyoshi is better at 10. I'd be tempted to go with Roberts wide and Stansfield at 10.

Yep not easy, Stansfield just our best player in the box so should be on end of crosses rather than putting them in
18:10, Sat 13 Jan
Charcy
Iain_Gavin
HackneyBlue

I’ve seen this reported - I’m not denying it, I’ve just never seen a quote from him saying this. From what I’ve seen, he’s a centre forward who comes alive infront of goal - I don’t see what he brings as a 10, or out wide

His best moments for us have been as centre forward. I’m not sure I can remember anything he’s contributed out wide or number 10.
18:19, Sat 13 Jan
Iain_Gavin
Charcy
Iain_Gavin
HackneyBlue

His best moments for us have been as centre forward. I’m not sure I can remember anything he’s contributed out wide or number 10.

Stansfield for me completely wasted out wide and he doesn’t look comfortable out there. He is not a better 10 than Miyoshi and his a far better 9 than Hogan.

Hogan wasn’t great I am not sure what people watched to come to that conclusion. He wasn’t awful either but I just feel like he doesn’t add enough to a team.
18:20, Sat 13 Jan
Iain_Gavin
HackneyBlue

He said it himself in his first interview.

He gets far more of the ball playing in one of the 3, as a striker he’s main focus is pressing which Hogan can do just as well - as shown today.
Gazball?
18:26, Sat 13 Jan
Playing them together hides some of their flaws when we’re defending, but not when we have the ball sadly.
18:28, Sat 13 Jan
Felix1875
Playing them together hides some of their flaws when we’re defending, but not when we have the ball sadly.

Agreed. Could play JJ in there - Eustace played Bacuna in there against QPR but both operate better further up the pitch.

Think it will be Bielik and Sunjic until we can buy replacements.
18:33, Sat 13 Jan
oldtank
Negatives- passing backwards and sideways and backwards.
As a Gerrit Forward brigade member I would dock the wages of my players if they play a backwards pass when not under pressure unless winning and obviously wasting time at the end of the match.
We should learn to play forwards. Our aim should be to rip the net to pieces.

Good job you ain’t manager then isn’t it?

I get we need to play with a bit more urgency and direction but that doesn’t mean every ball has be lumped towards the box.
18:36, Sat 13 Jan
There was an incident in the second half at 1-2 before Juke came on. James and Drameh are down the right hand side trying to work an opening - the crowd are screaming GET IT IN THE effING BOX - but only Miyoshi is in the box. As we keep the ball the crowd are going mad. Sanderson comes to support, the ball comes back to him and he plops a first time cross straight into the keepers hands.

Our fans, more than most I think, are very traditional in the way they want their football played
18:38, Sat 13 Jan
Scott is our top scorer for the last 3 seasons, he deserved his start and he justified it by closing down the defence and setting up Dembele. Stanfield needs to play inside, drop Miyoshi for Anderson.
Bielek is so ponderous that when an easy through ball is on he doesn't pass and the opportunity is gone. We need to play forward much quicker, it's like we are playing walking football. Until we have better players we have to play Eustace ball.