20:22, Sat 13 Jan
Nikola Zigic
B_C_F_C
Tom TheProject Brady
Bielik keeps the ball far too long. It takes him much longer to see obvious passes than Sunjic/JJ.

Well, at least three times in the first half he didn't even see the obvious passes...even though he was looking straight at them!... Was pedestrian at times in first half.

That's when I saw TM throw his hands onto his head in frustration

Interesting in his post match interview TM singled out Buchanan for turning back too often to play backwards and square rather than driving into space with the ball
20:22, Sat 13 Jan
I hate these positives threads when there are no positives and these negative threads when there is no need for them.

Mowbray has damage to repair and today is a step forward in my book, why we need a thread to pin point negatives with a new manager 5 days into his job is beyond me.

Use the match thread to express your views about the game.

There are always positives David.

I prefer to hear a balanced (or biased in some cases) reaction after the final whistle on the overall performance. Trying to gauge it from the match thread is like being on a rollercoaster with a bunch of Alzheimer’s patients.
20:26, Sat 13 Jan
Thongs
4-2-3-1

The 2 hrs it took to drive 7 miles home

The absolute state of Birmingham. Litter and filth everywhere

Biggest queue for a half time piss in a long time too

The Kop concourse is on the verge of being a crush at times. Also, even thou a row of seats of have been removed it feels as congested as ever.
20:32, Sat 13 Jan
blueboyblue
Thongs
4-2-3-1

The Kop concourse is on the verge of being a crush at times. Also, even thou a row of seats of have been removed it feels as congested as ever.
Because a row has been moved but the stand is a few yards shorter than it was
Tony Fantastico
20:45, Sat 13 Jan
This has been my biggest gripe for a long time with our defenders. They often have space in front of them but will never drive forward, draw the man and then pass it. They prefer to pass it sideways, backwards or hoof it
20:48, Sat 13 Jan
Mowbray said it might be lack of confidence - which could be true of a lot of the team but I wouldn’t have thought Buchanan would be in that list
21:09, Sat 13 Jan
Lots to be optimistic about today.

Things that weren’t good:

Hogan - He is just bang average, anyone saying he was good today, just don’t understand what the role of a striker is.

Stansfield - out wide is not his best position. Pretty sure Tone will adjust this in upcoming games. I think he is best as a 10 for now or playing off another striker. In our team he probably needs to play as a 9 as we have no one else. Great talent, need to get him in the 18 yard box as much as possible. He comes alive in the box!
21:18, Sat 13 Jan
This is my view - based on what I’ve seen - but Stansfield thinks different. Mowbray said to Wilford that Stansfield told him he prefers coming in from a wide position which seems baffling to me
21:23, Sat 13 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
blueboyblue
Thongs
4-2-3-1

A row has not been removed!

It was whilst initial work was going on - but concourse has been returned to its former narrowness..
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
21:26, Sat 13 Jan
B_C_F_C
Rab C Nesbitt
blueboyblue
Thongs
4-2-3-1

It was whilst initial work was going on - but concourse has been returned to its former narrowness..
There were 18 rows. Now there’s 17. Trust me. That’s one row less.
Tony Fantastico
23:02, Sat 13 Jan
Trev
Lots to be optimistic about today.

Things that weren’t good:

Hogan - He is just bang average, anyone saying he was good today, just don’t understand what the role of a striker is.

Stansfield - out wide is not his best position. Pretty sure Tone will adjust this in upcoming games. I think he is best as a 10 for now or playing off another striker. In our team he probably needs to play as a 9 as we have no one else. Great talent, need to get him in the 18 yard box as much as possible. He comes alive in the box!

Completely agree. Stansfield may think that’s his best position but from what we’ve all seen so far he looks like a number 9, I think he just wants the ball more often. When he did have it today though he was completely ineffective on the right
23:23, Sat 13 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
B_C_F_C
Rab C Nesbitt
blueboyblue
Thongs
4-2-3-1

I was on the back row of the Kop Lower and its row 18.
23:29, Sat 13 Jan
Hagley Blue
Rab C Nesbitt
B_C_F_C
Rab C Nesbitt
blueboyblue
Thongs
4-2-3-1

I was on the back row of the Kop Lower and its row 18.

Thank you...

ans just for certainty... you can buy tickets for rows 1-18 in the Lower Kop for Tuesday - Hull in the cup... 😉
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
00:44, Sun 14 Jan
Sanderson for me, absolute liability this season, his decline has been horrific for a player that went so well with us previously.

I think he needs a break on the bench for a while and we may possibly need a new captain, he doesn't seem to be the influence on the pitch we need him to be
00:52, Sun 14 Jan
Iain_Gavin
Nikola Zigic
B_C_F_C
Tom TheProject Brady
Bielik keeps the ball far too long. It takes him much longer to see obvious passes than Sunjic/JJ.

Well, at least three times in the first half he didn't even see the obvious passes...even though he was looking straight at them!... Was pedestrian at times in first half.

That's when I saw TM throw his hands onto his head in frustration

Interesting in his post match interview TM singled out Buchanan for turning back too often to play backwards and square rather than driving into space with the ball

He's not wrong - I noticed it quite a few times in the 2nd half. I'm not surprised he's caught in 2 minds having been repeatedly told to do different things over the course of the season but it's definitely something Mowbray needs to sort out.