13:22, Sun 14 Jan
Yep
Tony Fantastico
13:23, Sun 14 Jan
Thongs
You can park almost outside the club shop at the church if you get there early enough.
That’s gotta be the best option
Tony Fantastico
13:26, Sun 14 Jan
Sanderson is a big problem for us doesent win enough headers for a central defender cant organise himself let alone players around him as a captain is supposed to dont think Auwi has played without Captain calamity alongside him give him a chance next to Long cant be any worse .
13:39, Sun 14 Jan
I’m not convinced on aiwu either tbh. Thing with Sanderson is, correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t remember him being this bad last season, so whether it’s the responsibilities as captain (similar to how roots batting went to pot when he was made captain of the cricket), or whether having trusty by him mitigated his issues last season.
14:45, Sun 14 Jan
As thongs said there’s parking by the club shop. Just got to get there before 2, which seems a little late really to expect a close space.

With your medical issues, have you emailed the club to discuss your options

I’m sure they’ll help
15:20, Sun 14 Jan
Thanks for that.

But I really can't understand why it has become so difficult to find parking when the crowd numbers are only in the low 20,000's.

Surely car usage hasn't increased by that much since we were in the PL and getting bigger crowds.
15:25, Sun 14 Jan
I think Sanderson has always been a bit over rated to be honest. Wouldn't really dig him out as happens with other players but never really seen what others have.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
15:30, Sun 14 Jan
bluebone
Sanderson is a big problem for us doesent win enough headers for a central defender cant organise himself let alone players around him as a captain is supposed to dont think Auwi has played without Captain calamity alongside him give him a chance next to Long cant be any worse .

He let Lowe get across him for their second yesterday but apart from thought he was miles better than he has been. His cross field ball across to Dembele in the first half that we nearly scored from was wonderful
15:42, Sun 14 Jan
Dirty Bertie
Thanks for that.

But I really can't understand why it has become so difficult to find parking when the crowd numbers are only in the low 20,000's.

Surely car usage hasn't increased by that much since we were in the PL and getting bigger crowds.
Restricted parking has increased rather than car use mate
Tony Fantastico
15:48, Sun 14 Jan
Is this a joke Rab? Number of cars on the road up 40% in the last 25 years
15:54, Sun 14 Jan
Newbs
Parking an hour before kick off is now harder because of restrictions rather than the number of cars. That’s not a joke attendances have been 10k down recently since a lot of the Prem days
Tony Fantastico
16:31, Sun 14 Jan
Newbs

According to Government stats the number of cars registered in the UK has increased by just over 13% in the last 20 years.

Our average attendance over the same period has reduced by a greater amount.
16:48, Sun 14 Jan
These were the stats I was looking at. Source is DFT. I know we must never ever blame traffic jams and lack of parking on too many cars though. It will always be bus lanes, roadworks, traffic lights not being synced etc etc

[www.nimblefins.co.uk]
16:49, Sun 14 Jan
Perceived parking restrictions won't stop more fans coming to watch a team challenging for promotion or in a big game.

We would have ended up with 2,350 at Wembley if it did
17:01, Sun 14 Jan
Newbs
These were the stats I was looking at. Source is DFT. I know we must never ever blame traffic jams and lack of parking on too many cars though. It will always be bus lanes, roadworks, traffic lights not being synced etc etc

[www.nimblefins.co.uk]

Mine were from the GOV.UK site and for context compared 2004 when our average attendance was 29,000 with the current day, yesterday's attendance was 21,000.

Reasonable to assume that there would have been at least as many and quite possibly more cars being used by spectators in 2004.