19:17, Sat 13 Jan
HackneyBlue
Iain_Gavin
HackneyBlue
Set Dembele up twice today, should have had 2 assists, Hogan had a good game, your agenda is clear

2 in 35 🤷

Nice overhead kick though

Thanks for confirming your agenda

You think most teams over than bottomdwellers would play a striker with that record?
19:19, Sat 13 Jan
Nope but hes the best we’ve got right now and had a good game today
19:19, Sat 13 Jan
Onel Hernandez
HackneyBlue
He doesnt like playing centre forward so you can save your sympathy.

He should be in 10 rather than wide though.

I keep on hearing this but has anybody got a direct source of him saying it? Or is it something one person said and then it has been regurgitated repeatedly.

Stansfield is more effective as centre forward than a winger and it is much more beneficial to the team to have him as a centre forward.

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
19:21, Sat 13 Jan
Iain_Gavin
BlueFradge
So predictable, Hogan wasn't bad but you still call him out as a negative. Get a new tune and support the team ffs.

2 in 35. I moaned when Eustace had him upfront and his best striker shoved out wide. Not blaming Mowbray, he will figure Hogan out in a couple of weeks just like Rooney did

Exactly, you’ve answered your own question. It’s Mowbray’s first game ffs
[youtube.com]

Into The Shadows 2024 Tour Dates -

17 Feb - Theatre Severn, Shrewsbury
2 Mar - Taachi Morris Arts Centre, Taunton
30 Mar - Prince Of Wales Theatre, Cannock
20 Apr - Brewhouse Arts Centre, Burton on Trent
7 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
8 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
28 Sept - Exmouth Pavilion
18 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
19 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
19:28, Sat 13 Jan
HackneyBlue
Onel Hernandez
HackneyBlue

I keep on hearing this but has anybody got a direct source of him saying it? Or is it something one person said and then it has been regurgitated repeatedly.

Stansfield is more effective as centre forward than a winger and it is much more beneficial to the team to have him as a centre forward.

Thank you for posting that.

Tbf though he doesn't actually say that he doesn't like playing centre forward, but - “I’d say number 10 is my strongest position,” said the 20-year-old. “I mainly played there last season.

“I made my Premier League debut as a left winger. But I played right winger and as a number nine throughout my youth career so I’m comfortable playing anywhere across the front four, but I think I can impact the games more as a number 10.”

Be interesting to know what conversations have been had around him moving loan to another club and if anything has been guarenteed position wise. If not,and in the absence of bringing in another CF, Blues should speak to him and see if he is willing to play CF (and won't down tools), if so we need to play him there as it appears his best position and improves the team.

I'd love for Hogan to build on today's performance but I think that ship has passed - Hogan as a championship CF
19:30, Sat 13 Jan
I hate these positives threads when there are no positives and these negative threads when there is no need for them.

Mowbray has damage to repair and today is a step forward in my book, why we need a thread to pin point negatives with a new manager 5 days into his job is beyond me.

Use the match thread to express your views about the game.
19:30, Sat 13 Jan
No that bit was chinese whispers but its clear he fancies himself behind the striker

TMs thinking from that Hogan article

Mowbray demands a strong work ethic from his players and Hogan’s pressing abilities impressed him. His selection also had something to do with Mowbray’s desire to play Jay Stansfield in a position where he could have more of the ball.

Hogan obviously needs upgrading but hes better as a lone striker than Juke or Tyler (albeit Roberts hasnt had long to impress)
19:32, Sat 13 Jan
Another negative (which I'm sure will be worked on) was defending corners. They had 3 vs 2 in a group around our penalty spot every time, which meant there was always a free man to attack the ball for them. This wasn't due to an individual error, it was how we were setup.

Until Charcy MADE me switch it off i was watching the Swansea feed - Lee Trundle was actually saying at one corner .... "look, they haven't picked Darling again here- they've only got 2 on our three ... i can't understand why Birmingham don't put a third man round the back of our 3 to track Darling - we could be in here again - surely they're not going to fall for it again"
19:33, Sat 13 Jan
You know, there’s an easier solution for you, Dave
19:33, Sat 13 Jan
By this thread it seems the negatives outweigh the positives which is barmy.
19:35, Sat 13 Jan
yea definitely not the case

Suspect people had decided Hogan would be a negative today when the lineup came out though, regardless of how the game went

Suits the author's miserable agenda though.
Iain_Gavin
You know, there’s an easier solution for you, Dave

Yeah yeah don’t read the thread 👍🏻😂

Happy with today KRO
19:39, Sat 13 Jan
Onel Hernandez
HackneyBlue

Mowbray this evening

"Who else was I going to play up front? I could have played Stansfield up front and yet, I had a good chat with Jay and I think he likes coming in off the side. He likes to be able to get the ball rather than be surrounded by big centre-halves. He was a threat to them first half.”
19:42, Sat 13 Jan
Ricky Blotto

Suits the author's miserable agenda though.
👍
Tony Fantastico