19:46, Mon 17 Jan
Defo
19:46, Mon 17 Jan
Newbs
Defo

Think he has just left Rangers
19:53, Mon 17 Jan
Bluesince62
Who would you have? I opined that they had a better squad than us a while back and you disagreed?

I wouldn't take any of their forwards, that Obsele in midfield definitely, I'd take Byrne as well. Bielek and Knight.

A handful, but I wouldn't say there's loads I'd be after.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”
20:10, Mon 17 Jan
Bluesince62
I wouldn't say better squad a better manager definitely.

Not definitely at all. Not so long back LB totally out thought Rooney when we beat them - and Rooney insisted on a ridiculous playing from the back tactic that handed us the game, even when it was costing them goals against us. Rooney hasn't done anything yet to prove anything, other than being in a backs to the wall situation.

If we swapped LB and Rooney positions do you think LB would of go what Rooney has got out of his players I doubt not. Yes when we beat Derby Rooney played the wrong system but difference is Rooney has learnt from his mistakes LB persists on trying something that does not work. If LB was derby manager they would of been relegated by now.
20:20, Mon 17 Jan
You can't possibly know what would happen, you are just saying that as you've decided LB is no good. It suits your opinion.
My opinion is, in a perverse way, the situation at Derby is a no lose for Rooney and while I'm not knocking what he's achieved, the players have responded brilliantly to the challenge.
It's a totally different set of circumstances and a totally different set of players - impossible to predict what would happen if they swapped roles.
20:42, Mon 17 Jan
It’s quite a unique situation at Derby and Rooney has managed to create a siege mentally

But we should also remember he was feckin gash last year and a horrific run had them going down until a late penalty on the final day

I’m still not totally convinced
20:53, Mon 17 Jan
Nikola Zigic
Bluesince62
Who would you have? I opined that they had a better squad than us a while back and you disagreed?

I wouldn't take any of their forwards, that Obsele in midfield definitely, I'd take Byrne as well. Bielek and Knight.

A handful, but I wouldn't say there's loads I'd be after.

Lawrence is better than anything we have, 2 super goals on Saturday
20:57, Mon 17 Jan
It’s quite a unique situation at Derby and Rooney has managed to create a siege mentally

But we should also remember he was feckin gash last year and a horrific run had them going down until a late penalty on the final day

I’m still not totally convinced

Will that mentality still be there after he goes next week?
21:08, Mon 17 Jan
Bluesince62
You can't possibly know what would happen, you are just saying that as you've decided LB is no good. It suits your opinion.
My opinion is, in a perverse way, the situation at Derby is a no lose for Rooney and while I'm not knocking what he's achieved, the players have responded brilliantly to the challenge.
It's a totally different set of circumstances and a totally different set of players - impossible to predict what would happen if they swapped roles.

What frustrates me the most is yes I do believe there is a good manager there with LB second half when he changed it at Preston you could see that. Why does he persist on playing the same formation that he has to change when his getting nothing out of it.
21:31, Mon 17 Jan
Bluesince62

What frustrates me the most is yes I do believe there is a good manager there with LB second half when he changed it at Preston you could see that. Why does he persist on playing the same formation that he has to change when his getting nothing out of it.

I do agree he is frustrating at times, I'm just sick of the hire, fire, repeat cycle. It just isn't working.
21:40, Mon 17 Jan
Bluesince62
Bluesince62

I do agree he is frustrating at times, I'm just sick of the hire, fire, repeat cycle. It just isn't working.

I really want LB to succeed as I generally like him as a person and I no he loves the club but we seem to be in the knak of getting these stubborn managers cottz ak and now LB.
21:46, Mon 17 Jan
Bluesince62

Not definitely at all. Not so long back LB totally out thought Rooney when we beat them - and Rooney insisted on a ridiculous playing from the back tactic that handed us the game, even when it was costing them goals against us. Rooney hasn't done anything yet to prove anything, other than being in a backs to the wall situation.

He's got them to within 8 points of escaping the drop after a 21 point deduction. They'd be 11th right now if not for that. With all that he's contending with, I'd say he's done well.
23:03, Mon 17 Jan
[www.efl.com]

Very interesting, especially the ‘ 11. Does the EFL have a vendetta against Derby County?’
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
08:07, Tue 18 Jan
Bluesince62

He's got them to within 8 points of escaping the drop after a 21 point deduction. They'd be 11th right now if not for that. With all that he's contending with, I'd say he's done well.

I agree, it's heading towards the greatest escape of all time and he needs crediting for that (though the latest embargo might derail that again). My point was, he has created a siege mentality, the EFL hates us let's show em etc. Last season they were awful with a better squad and survived by a goal on the last day. Let's not declare him the next Pep just yet. The Derby players have however, been superb and deserve most of the credit for the pride they are showing.
KES
08:14, Tue 18 Jan
bluer than blues
Bluesince62

Playing it out from the back too.