17:43, Thu 18 Jan
BriHughesy
where would he fit in? instead of Bielik and Sunjic as the defensive midfielder then? we need to keep JJ and need to do the big changes in the summer

Either as depth or as a replacement for one of those two as we can’t play the TM way with those two starting.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
17:47, Thu 18 Jan
Signed him on football manager a couple years ago as he was a tidy mobile midfielder with an eye for a pass.

That is truly the extent of my knowledge. I trust our recruitment, and it seems like a smart move to loan and then potentially get on a free in the summer.

To be fair he was very highly rated on Football manager for a few years. As others have said I don't think he really fullfilled his potential for various reasons. This is also the extent of my knowledge.
17:49, Thu 18 Jan
BriHughesy
Dan
BriHughesy
unsure. is he any better than Bacuna? no. we've sent Khela out on loan. Patterson and Kamara have been playing well in the 21's. I hope we don't start signing for the sake of it. we've had some really bad loans like Richards and the Albion lad. i hope Dozzell isn't in that ball park

He's better than Gary Gardner who is regularly in the squad.

disagree. Gardner is an experienced player who can come and do a job if needed. hes what we need at this time. Dozzell is flaky and can't get in at QPR
Behave
Tony Fantastico
17:54, Thu 18 Jan
Never thought I'd read the words "Gardner is what we need at this time" on SHA in the Lord's year of 2024
17:54, Thu 18 Jan
I really rate him
17:56, Thu 18 Jan
Is he like Adam Clayton? Or maybe Mikel San José?
17:58, Thu 18 Jan
Waste of time looking at him when we still have a relatively young Craig Gardner sat in the office.

Oh and he’s “lightweight” (do I get bonus points for using a sha buzzword?)
17:59, Thu 18 Jan
Le Mod
TBF he was only 18 there, he's 24 now so might have a filled out a bit.

Can see he has good technique and balance, obviously left footed, lets see what he can do
Surprised no one has mentioned the first away game of the season 2017 or 2018. We lost 1-0 at Ipswich, we had some chances tbf but Dozzell went off late in the first half with what turned out to be a long lay off I think. But in that half he was the best player on the pitch.
Tony Fantastico
18:01, Thu 18 Jan
mjd2505
Signed him on football manager a couple years ago as he was a tidy mobile midfielder with an eye for a pass.

Me too, 😂. Paid 1.5m for him. Got promoted and played him a few times in the prem before replacing him with someone better. Sold him for 5m I think
18:05, Thu 18 Jan
Exactly this. We need players asap IN THE FIRST ELEVEN to get to the dizzy heights of 18th
Our current crop worry me. Imagine if Stansfield got injured or left 🤦🏼‍♂️
18:17, Thu 18 Jan
One QPR fan has called him, alongside Laird, Sanderson and Roberts “The Poundland Spice Boys”. Quite funny I thought. They are unanimously delighted to be moving him on which is a worry.

I would rather be aiming for players who at least a moderate amount of the selling clubs fan base rate.
18:20, Thu 18 Jan
brummiestu87
[twitter.com]

Thoughts?

If Mowbray thinks he can improve us having seen him play then I’m all for it.

A central midfielder who can pass to another team mate on a regular basis would be a thing of beauty.
18:30, Thu 18 Jan
LOOK AFTER THE BALL.
We've very few players who can do this and those who can are rarely on the pitch at the same time.
Don't know much about him, but assume that's the logic and he falls into 'good footballers' requirement TM talked about.
Plus losing half that squad in the summer, good age, if available pick them up etc etc.
18:33, Thu 18 Jan
Might be wrong but I think this is from this season

According to Sofascore, Dozzell has an 83% passing success rate, wins 42% of all ground duals and has outperformed his XG, scoring twice from an XG of just 0.68.

Dunno if that's good or bad.
18:35, Thu 18 Jan
Dozzell has a 82 percent pass completion this season.