Cattellroadcorner
Would Mowbray know him from Ipswich.

Doubtful, Dozzell was literally a baby when Mowbray was last there.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
08:59, Fri 19 Jan
TrickyBlue
JohnP
Fair question, I meant that after months of triumphalism over nicking Jobe Sunderland fans are now saying that he actually isn't ready for playing 90 minutes week after week and should be used more sparingly, and that he is probably playing more than he should because of stipulations in his contract, which is what a lot of Blues fans were saying, but not all I accept.

Just saying that fans of previous clubs often have a decent idea about players' qualities.

A lot of fans don’t really have a clue.

Hannibal was called a headless chicken that wasn’t good enough for us many times whilst he was here. Now he’s at Sevilla.

Agreed.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
09:09, Fri 19 Jan
TrickyBlue
JohnP
Fair question, I meant that after months of triumphalism over nicking Jobe Sunderland fans are now saying that he actually isn't ready for playing 90 minutes week after week and should be used more sparingly, and that he is probably playing more than he should because of stipulations in his contract, which is what a lot of Blues fans were saying, but not all I accept.

Just saying that fans of previous clubs often have a decent idea about players' qualities.

Hannibal was called a headless chicken that wasn’t good enough for us many times whilst he was here. Now he’s at Sevilla.

Talking of Hannibal, reminded me of the clamour of some fans to sign him

Sevilla have an option to buy in excess of £17 mill

Seville is a wonderful city so great place to live and work I would imagine
09:12, Fri 19 Jan
TrickyBlue
JohnP

Still a mystery that he didn’t start that often second half of last season, after the team’s high energy beginning to that year.
09:34, Fri 19 Jan
Correct
Tony Fantastico
09:35, Fri 19 Jan
Cattellroadcorner

No - but he did try to get him up to Blackburn few years back

[www.suffolknews.co.uk]
09:46, Fri 19 Jan
Got to remeber he’s been playing in a terrible qpr team for the last couple of seasons so his stats ain’t that bad for a player in a team who hadn’t won at home for ages and been struggling like us down the wrong end of the table
10:35, Fri 19 Jan
I maintain that fans in general are pretty accurate barometers of players. Absolutely you need to remove the comments at both ends of the spectrum but you can ordinarily get a general gist. But if you concentrate on fans boards rather than just X and FB you probably are not far off reality.

That doesn't mean that Dozzell cannot perform better in a different team, different manager and with fans that are not already biased towards they dislike for him. But you have be cautious as a fan when the vast majority of QPR fans think he isn't up to it.

There are exceptions of course. Leko was a steal according to Albion fans who were either blind to his inadequacies because he came from youth or were on a collective WUM. Bacuna on the other hand was detested by Rangers fans but has been excellent for us.
10:37, Fri 19 Jan
Whatever people think it’s a no risk signing. If he performs then we get a good midfielder on the cheap who we could sign for nothing in the summer.

If he’s shit then we’ve paid some of his wages for 6 months and he leaves.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
10:52, Fri 19 Jan
Dugarry21
Cattellroadcorner

[www.suffolknews.co.uk]

+ Mowbray briefly played in the same Ipswich team as his father Jason Dozzell in the late 90's.
10:55, Fri 19 Jan
Super Hans
Whatever people think it’s a no risk signing. If he performs then we get a good midfielder on the cheap who we could sign for nothing in the summer.

If he’s shit then we’ve paid some of his wages for 6 months and he leaves.

Yes, agree with this.

QPR have been a mess since Beale left, I'm not sure it is fair to judge him based on how popular he was with the fans during that time. If he signs then he will get 6 months of Mowbrayball to show what he can actually do.
11:10, Fri 19 Jan
GBBlue
I maintain that fans in general are pretty accurate barometers of players. Absolutely you need to remove the comments at both ends of the spectrum but you can ordinarily get a general gist. But if you concentrate on fans boards rather than just X and FB you probably are not far off reality.

That doesn't mean that Dozzell cannot perform better in a different team, different manager and with fans that are not already biased towards they dislike for him. But you have be cautious as a fan when the vast majority of QPR fans think he isn't up to it.

There are exceptions of course. Leko was a steal according to Albion fans who were either blind to his inadequacies because he came from youth or were on a collective WUM. Bacuna on the other hand was detested by Rangers fans but has been excellent for us.

It wasn't so long ago that several posters on here thought JJ was overrated and not up to much.
11:32, Fri 19 Jan
bluenosezulu
Dugarry21
Cattellroadcorner

[www.suffolknews.co.uk]

+ Mowbray briefly played in the same Ipswich team as his father Jason Dozzell in the late 90's.

I suppose it proves Mowbray is getting input into the signings. The reason he left Sunderland was he had none.
If I had the wings of a sparrow
He was sacked
After a disagreement with the board. The fans would have him back in a heartbeat.
If I had the wings of a sparrow