21:43, Thu 18 Jan
Fair question, I meant that after months of triumphalism over nicking Jobe Sunderland fans are now saying that he actually isn't ready for playing 90 minutes week after week and should be used more sparingly, and that he is probably playing more than he should because of stipulations in his contract, which is what a lot of Blues fans were saying, but not all I accept.

Just saying that fans of previous clubs often have a decent idea about players' qualities.
Dan
21:44, Thu 18 Jan
Buchanan was shit according to Derby fans
Think his dad still holds the record for being youngest scorer in an English top flight game.

That makes me feel old I can remember it.
21:48, Thu 18 Jan
Dan
I thought they had a problem with him because of the way he left, rather than thinking he was shit?
06:17, Fri 19 Jan
If this is the type of signing we're going for then we'll be languishing at the bottom of the Championship for a while yet.
07:11, Fri 19 Jan
BriHughesy
Dan
BriHughesy
unsure. is he any better than Bacuna? no. we've sent Khela out on loan. Patterson and Kamara have been playing well in the 21's. I hope we don't start signing for the sake of it. we've had some really bad loans like Richards and the Albion lad. i hope Dozzell isn't in that ball park

He's better than Gary Gardner who is regularly in the squad.

disagree. Gardner is an experienced player who can come and do a job if needed. hes what we need at this time. Dozzell is flaky and can't get in at QPR

The same could be said about bacuna before we took him on. And according to wiki he has made 80+ appearances for QPR since 2021 which isn't bad at all I don't think.
08:04, Fri 19 Jan
A bit meh on the face of it

However if he's one piece of the puzzle in how Tony and his team want to play then I'm in

It's time we all get behind the process
08:06, Fri 19 Jan
I see it as a risk free punt, short term loan and is out of contract in the summer. If he’s shit then on you go.
08:19, Fri 19 Jan
Lichblue
I see it as a risk free punt, short term loan and is out of contract in the summer. If he’s shit then on you go.

Spot on. Try before you buy so to speak
08:21, Fri 19 Jan
Le Mod
Nah he's more of a holding midfielder, someone who sits and passes it
Ahhh to have Barry Ferguson back would be a dream
08:33, Fri 19 Jan
It does feel like TM has an idea around how to use him, likely to avoid the Bielik type passing backward and across so we can sustain momentum in transition. Makes sense, if it works..
08:39, Fri 19 Jan
Would Mowbray know him from Ipswich.
If I had the wings of a sparrow
08:43, Fri 19 Jan
He has similar pass stats to Bielik - 83% pass completion.

The main difference is he makes twice as many forward passes and 3.5 times as many 'key passes'.

Look a very similar play to JJ on paper - I think if we sold him last season, not many of our fans would be telling his new club what a great signing he was.
CJ
08:47, Fri 19 Jan
Aaah to have Mark Ward back, what a dream 😬
08:48, Fri 19 Jan
JohnP
Fair question, I meant that after months of triumphalism over nicking Jobe Sunderland fans are now saying that he actually isn't ready for playing 90 minutes week after week and should be used more sparingly, and that he is probably playing more than he should because of stipulations in his contract, which is what a lot of Blues fans were saying, but not all I accept.

Just saying that fans of previous clubs often have a decent idea about players' qualities.

A lot of fans don’t really have a clue.

Hannibal was called a headless chicken that wasn’t good enough for us many times whilst he was here. Now he’s at Sevilla.