Re: Cov

19:05, Sun 21 Apr
The problem is we cannot trust the FA to run VAR fairly (see: Nottingham Forest), especially when the decision benefitted an FA Premier League side.

Eff the FA.
Bordesley not Small Heath
Time to bring it the there has to be daylight between forward and defender to be offside.

This toenails being offside business is ridiculous, think we should move to favouring the attacking team?

Define 'daylight'. Which part of the body does this apply to?

And I'm not sure why an attacker should get more beneficial treatment than a defender?
The cold never bothered me anyway
19:08, Sun 21 Apr
There’s no bias involved, Chelsea didn’t get a stonewall penalty yesterday.

Those running it, and therefore VAR as a whole are just shite.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
19:14, Sun 21 Apr
people who love VAR in the game talk about it like it’s a fool proof technology, which it absolutely isn’t

it’s just another decision maker when we’ve already got one, aided by two others with flags

as a fan who goes to games and loves the spontaneous emotion (on the rare occasion we get any!) it kills it for me

but i know i’m the minority and technology is king
19:19, Sun 21 Apr
Whom were Chelsea playing?
19:22, Sun 21 Apr
people who love VAR in the game talk about it like it’s a fool proof technology, which it absolutely isn’t

it’s just another decision maker when we’ve already got one, aided by two others with flags

as a fan who goes to games and loves the spontaneous emotion (on the rare occasion we get any!) it kills it for me

but i know i’m the minority and technology is king

but the majority of fans are stupid ... and at least 20% are VERY stupid ... my first thought, and immediate thought, when Blues scored yesterday was "they ain't going to allow that" ... and sure enough the linesman was stood with his flag raised. You can watch the vlogs on YouTube and see fans going wild and celebrating while loads of "old boys" were just calmly pointing to the linesman and trying to tell others, who wouldn't listen, "it's not a goal".
19:24, Sun 21 Apr
bluearmyfaction

So is this conspiracy dependent on how ‘big’ you are? What’s the tier list for decisions?
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
19:24, Sun 21 Apr
Yeah me to my lad. My instinct is always to look to the lino.
Tony Fantastico
19:27, Sun 21 Apr
Yeah me to my lad. My instinct is always to look to the lino.

Completely agree .... mid-leap you have to check
19:33, Sun 21 Apr
derbyblue

i'd say the exact opposite.

It's the anti VAR lot that seem to be quite angry that it's not foolproof, as IME a majority of them seem to misunderstand what it was meant to be.

Whether the ref is on the pitch or in a TV studio, it will always be somewhat subjective, as it always has been with video refs in Rugby and Cricket.
The cold never bothered me anyway
19:35, Sun 21 Apr
And yet theres no referees call

Like Cricket or Rugby

That offside was effectively trimming the bails when the ump had given it not out
19:47, Sun 21 Apr
Super Hans
bluearmyfaction

So is this conspiracy dependent on how ‘big’ you are? What’s the tier list for decisions?
No, it’s just that it was Man C, wasn’t it? So one of the beneficiaries of the FA’s non-governance of the game.
21:59, Sun 21 Apr
Jude with the winner AGAIN!

Neva shuda....
23:02, Sun 21 Apr
That’s my biggest problem with VAR it gets to involved with borderline decisions. The officials will get most things right some wrong. VAR should be there for the correction of big errors.

One has to ask yourself whether the game is better for it. I only know four people who regularly watch live Premier football none of them like it and would get rid. Small sample and all of them are cracking on which is not representative.

It’s here to stay but it needs to be less involved. Trouble is some want it to be more involved.
23:10, Sun 21 Apr
The main purpose of VAR is to make it clear the game is in the level.

Today’s matches have demonstrated the opposite.