09:09, Tue 7 May
bluer than blues
Who was responsible for appointing TM? We're all in agreement that was a good pick ignoring the unforeseen non-footballing circumstances that took him out. I think Rowett made sense too given the situation, albeit it didn't work out.

The only major eff up was Rooney and I'd say the club has learnt its lesson.

According to Neil Moxley, Craig Gardner was responsible for hiring TM....
[youtube.com]

Into The Shadows 2024 Tour Dates

14 September - Castlemeads Court Retirement Village, Gloucester
28 Sept - Exmouth Pavilion
18 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
19 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
If it was CG then he deserves credit for that.
Up the feckin Blues
09:18, Tue 7 May
The CEO and Chairman would sign off any appointment and I would strongly think be involved in the recruitment process , especially CEO.
09:27, Tue 7 May
Bluesince62 F.E.A.
If it was CG then he deserves credit for that.
CG does have value and that was a good decision. Recruitment is a complex area though. We need a better scouting network and need to build a recruitment infrastructure. We need more skilled people with a track record of proven success in this area IMO.
09:33, Tue 7 May
gerry1875
Fat Buddha CBE FEA
At the risk of being pilloried by the righteous, I would strongly suggest that if we in fact do have to source a new competent manager Mr G Cook is specifically excluded from all forms of decision making in this matter . We have seen the results

Cook is a celebrity hunter. Hopefully he’ll use his bonce and seek advice from someone better equipped to identify the next Rohl or Iraola. And then pray they whoever it is wins their first 3 games.
That's it, whoever does get appointed if Mowbray don't come back, will have to hit the ground running, the pressure will be on,imagine the hatred towards Cook if a new man comes in and we lose 4 or 5 in a row, personally I think a lot of what I read about Cook is uncalled for and not nice.
Hatred towards Cook is hatred towards the ownership. It’s nuts.
Tony Fantastico
Fat Buddha CBE FEA
Who was responsible for appointing TM? We're all in agreement that was a good pick ignoring the unforeseen non-footballing circumstances that took him out. I think Rowett made sense too given the situation, albeit it didn't work out.

The only major eff up was Rooney and I'd say the club has learnt its lesson.

Rab.
😎
I did tell Jeremy Dale to get him in at Cardiff away. True story
Tony Fantastico
10:13, Tue 7 May
bluer than blues
Nikola Zigic- FEA
I really don't want Rowett to get the job but I fear we'll do that if Mowbray doesn't come back.

What makes you think the owners would do that? Rowett was hired for a specific brief, which is now over and the brief is now very different.

If the owners do think Rowett is the man to fit our new brief, I'll be very worried about our owners.

What's the brief for a new manager if as expected TM doesn't return?

'Promotion' Nothing else just promotion at the first attempt.

Do we take a risk on an up and coming manager who isn't familiar with third tier football? Not for me to big a risk.

Whom is out there with a track record of managing at league 1 or 2 level and having been successful? Not sure there is anyone.

Do we want a big name? Absolutely not, competence over sex appeal.

Rowett is the man for the job at this junction. He knows the players, the club, he knows our weaknesses and are strengths, its low risk. I also think Rowett is strong enough to not be that yes man which will stop the scattergun approach of recruitment. He has alluded to in every interview that the squad is lacking the right characters, i have faith he will ensure we get get them.
Ron Saunders
bluer than blues
Nikola Zigic- FEA
I really don't want Rowett to get the job but I fear we'll do that if Mowbray doesn't come back.

What makes you think the owners would do that? Rowett was hired for a specific brief, which is now over and the brief is now very different.

If the owners do think Rowett is the man to fit our new brief, I'll be very worried about our owners.

What's the brief for a new manager if as expected TM doesn't return?

'Promotion' Nothing else just promotion at the first attempt.

Do we take a risk on an up and coming manager who isn't familiar with third tier football? Not for me to big a risk.

Whom is out there with a track record of managing at league 1 or 2 level and having been successful? Not sure there is anyone.

Do we want a big name? Absolutely not, competence over sex appeal.

Rowett is the man for the job at this junction. He knows the players, the club, he knows our weaknesses and are strengths, its low risk. I also think Rowett is strong enough to not be that yes man which will stop the scattergun approach of recruitment. He has alluded to in every interview that the squad is lacking the right characters, i have faith he will ensure we get get them.

How many times has Rowett been promoted in his 12 year managerial career?
Lots of rumours about this happening today. No thanks.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
Who do you choose instead then, that has a record of taking teams to promotion?
Ron Saunders
Who do you choose instead then, that has a record of taking teams to promotion?

I choose Tony Mowbray. And if that isn’t possible then I’d prefer someone that’s not going to bore us to tears next season and that doesn’t go to Rotherham feeling scared to lose.

To be clear, I don’t blame him for relegation. But he’s obviously not the answer.
Same question who do you want as manager that is out there and available?
10:22, Tue 7 May
I would start to really worry about the decision making process if Rowett is given the job. It's a complete 180 on their stated ambitions (which are along the right lines).
I will seriously consider not getting a season ticket if Rowett is made manager. I want to be entertained.