13:26, Tue 7 May
Isn’t budget and possession based football the 2 things that give you the best chance of promotion though?
That’s what they said. Stick to it. More Mowbray ball please. Ideally from Mowbray and Venus
Tony Fantastico
13:27, Tue 7 May
I agree the objective is to win, people are proposing that his style wont do that when faced with teams who put 11 men behind the ball. His results generally came against teams who had a go and the bad ones were against teams who allowed us to have the ball (Rotheham/Cardiff etc)
Happy Clapper
13:27, Tue 7 May
I think Bielik will be gone before the first game.
13:30, Tue 7 May
mjd2505
Super Hans
It would go against everything said when Eustace was sacked.

It would. And haven't a large portion of people lambasted them for what a mistake that was? I'd potentially see that as a positive. The goal should be to win - we shouldn't care (at this stage) how we do that.

They couldn’t stop going on about the stats that show more possession brings you a higher chance of promotion.

To abandon all that less than a year in would be abysmal.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
13:32, Tue 7 May
mjd2505
Super Hans

It would. And haven't a large portion of people lambasted them for what a mistake that was? I'd potentially see that as a positive. The goal should be to win - we shouldn't care (at this stage) how we do that.

You can always say that the goal is towards by whatever means... but history & stats show that playing negative football fails to deliver long term success & is terrible to watch as a fan.
We have a chance to rebuild the squad & ethos of the team, picking GR would be a massive missed opportunity - he would only re-enforce the "we're crap so defend like hell and hope for a mistake" mentality.

We really need TM back, or if not him then nearest thing to him.
13:33, Tue 7 May
Rab C Nesbitt
Isn’t budget and possession based football the 2 things that give you the best chance of promotion though?
That’s what they said. Stick to it. More Mowbray ball please. Ideally from Mowbray and Venus

THIS
13:35, Tue 7 May
Rowett winning 5 in a row? Bit early for crack.
13:41, Tue 7 May
mjd2505
Super Hans

This is conflating appointing Rooney (a foreseeable disaster) with a change of style (which Mowbray did successfully). Despite not having a squad built to play Mowbrayball and him coming in to a demoralised side half way through the season, Mowbray had play off form.

We need to look to win but we also have to build towards the future - if we keep switching styles we will just stockpile players who don't work for the manager.
13:55, Tue 7 May
Liam Rosenior sacked by Hull 👀
14:03, Tue 7 May
Hernan Cortés
Liam Rosenior sacked by Hull 👀

WTF?

I'm very surprised at that - if we are looking for a new manager I'd hope we look at him.
14:04, Tue 7 May
Rab C Nesbitt

Budget I 100% agree on because it simply allows you to sign better players than the teams around you. Especially if budget is driven through rising revenues, means you can spend each season. Makes sense.

Possession based football could be a bit of a myth though. Two of the best ball playing sides this season in the championship are Coventry and Hull, both finished outside of the playoffs. I believe (personally) quality of player will drag you through regardless of what style you set up with, and you just need a style and consistency within it to build confidence and familiarity.

BlueSteve
I think Bielik will be gone before the first game.

I agree. But if he likes Rowett, perhaps he could convince him to stay. No international tournament next year, so he's not in such a rush to make the Poland squad.

Super Hans
mjd2505
Super Hans

They couldn’t stop going on about the stats that show more possession brings you a higher chance of promotion.

To abandon all that less than a year in would be abysmal.

They also couldn't stop going on about no fear football and how great Rooney was. The landscape has changed - we're now trying to get out of League One.

I personally could care less whether they stick to this prerogative or not. I just want us to win. If that's Rowett, great. If it's someone else playing lovely attacking football, great.

Snoop
mjd2505
Super Hans

This is conflating appointing Rooney (a foreseeable disaster) with a change of style (which Mowbray did successfully). Despite not having a squad built to play Mowbrayball and him coming in to a demoralised side half way through the season, Mowbray had play off form.

We need to look to win but we also have to build towards the future - if we keep switching styles we will just stockpile players who don't work for the manager.

Absolutely - whichever way we go, we have to have no managerial changes next season. I don't think Rowett does bad enough to get sacked during the season - just saying.

Side note. Rosenior has just been sacked. Any takers?
14:11, Tue 7 May
if they appoint Rowett i've got serious doubts about whether these people actually have a clue what they're doing

not based on GR in particular but abandoning the football vision they outlined to us 6 months ago
14:12, Tue 7 May
Rosenior being sacked changes a lot. He should be top of our priority list IMO.
14:12, Tue 7 May
I don't think Liam would be too enamoured of us after the way we treated his mate. And yes, money talks.
14:13, Tue 7 May
Felix1875
mjd2505
Super Hans

You can always say that the goal is towards by whatever means... but history & stats show that playing negative football fails to deliver long term success & is terrible to watch as a fan.
We have a chance to rebuild the squad & ethos of the team, picking GR would be a massive missed opportunity - he would only re-enforce the "we're crap so defend like hell and hope for a mistake" mentality.

We really need TM back, or if not him then nearest thing to him.

Agreed. Would be a massive massive missed opportunity to appoint Rowett.