10:33, Tue 7 May
If Rowett got the gig I would really contemplate not renewing .

Next few years have the potential to be amongst the best in my lifetime.

A massive myth you need to know the division aswell.

How much did nuno and maresca know the championship ?
Ron Saunders
Naturally most of us want TM to return, but assuming this isnt going to happen name someone you think would be a better bet than Rowett?

Wildly ambitious - Garcia Pimienta
Very ambitious - Jacob’s Arrasate (just left Osasuna)
Ambitious - Mark Robins
10:35, Tue 7 May
Hernan Cortés
A rowett promotion (even if he did achieve it, which I’d seriously doubt) would be like that awful McLeish one in 08/09, and we all know how that made most of us feel.

I accept that, that season was dull as, but promotion is the only brief for next year.

And lets not forget we haven't exactly been playing flowing football over the last 5/10 years (in fact never) so its not as if we have a precedent to follow other than that ridiculous 'no fear football' phase from Cook.

Lots of mocking and turning your noses up but as yet no other viable names, therein lies the problem
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Ron Saunders
Naturally most of us want TM to return, but assuming this isnt going to happen name someone you think would be a better bet than Rowett?

Ambitious - Mark Robins

Fair play id like Robins, know nothing about the others.

But is it practical that Robins walks away from Coventry a team flirting with play offs and promotion to the PL to join us?
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Ron Saunders

Ambitious - Mark Robins

Mousinho from Pompey for me. Desperate for TM to return though, even in DoF role.
10:39, Tue 7 May
Can we make sure the new manager knows how to train the team in how to take decent throw ins?
10:39, Tue 7 May
Someone has just given you viable names but considering people are paid handsomely by the club it’s not some loons on here jobs to provide them.
Btw entertaining football is a must nowadays, especially when looking to fill a stadium in league one
Tony Fantastico

You've got the fecker there Ron, well done
Mark Robins is the sort of suggestion we'd absolutely destroy villa fans for making. Not a chance in hell.

Moyes would be a big one for me and feasible.

I'd also look to just take a good manager from someone else. Why do people think you can only appoint unemployed managers?

I'd go for Danny Rohl or John Mousinho for example.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
10:40, Tue 7 May
No it doesn't, because there will be people out there we don't know about or who currently have gigs that they will leave to come to us.
Ron Saunders
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Ron Saunders

Ambitious - Mark Robins

Fair play id like Robins, know nothing about the others.

But is it practical that Robins walks away from Coventry a team flirting with play offs and promotion to the PL to join us?

I think Coventry have hit their high. Blues is a much better job and I think Robins would take it if the money was decent.
Nikola Zigic- FEA
Mark Robins is the sort of suggestion we'd absolutely destroy villa fans for making. Not a chance in hell.

I'd also look to just take a good manager from someone else. Why do people think you can only appoint unemployed managers?

Mark Robins is way more feasible than Moyes in my opinion. Anyway I don’t love this discussion. Tony is our manager.
Nikola Zigic- FEA

Mad logic there. Can’t get a Championship manager but can get a bloke who keeps finishing top 10 in the Prem
Tony Fantastico
Absolutely 0 chance we tempt Robins in League One I'm sorry.

We could for sure steal someone like Rohl or Mousinho though.
10:44, Tue 7 May
Nikola Zigic- FEA

Moyes 😂😂
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.