Desperately want Mowbray back, but if it doesn't happen then it's Mousinho or Still for me.

They have some sort of pedigree (either winning Lg1 or coaching in a proper league and can communicate well with the players).

Most importantly, they are on their way "up" in football.

We've probably oy appointed upwardly mobile managers in Bruce or Rowett in the past 25 years.
Birmingham City: coming up with new ways to ruin your weekend since 1875
21:11, Tue 7 May
Wagner’s Dream
I’m getting less and less confident that’ll be the case.

I’m not sure I can go through a season of Rowett football in league one.

I have said this a lot.
The thought of watching a Rowett team playing for a draw at Burton, Stevenage and Lincoln sickens me
The fact that Jellyfish have survived for 500 million years without a brain, must give hope to a lot of people
21:14, Tue 7 May
The problem with this Rab is that they would've needed to appoint a manager that

1. Was available and trusted by the board
2. Was willing to get invovled in a short term relegation battle
3. Was willing to work with a new coach that they'd not worked with before
4. Had the same football philosophy as Mowbray.

The main Rowett error was not the backroom staff it was the delay in getting him in. 1-2 games earlier and we finish above Plymouth.
21:15, Tue 7 May
I can’t believe knighthead would consider Rowett for the next season… it was horses for courses and even then the fecker fell
21:17, Tue 7 May
Prove it
Tony Fantastico
21:18, Tue 7 May
Rab C Nesbitt
Prove it

The points data proves it. A point that seems to escape you.
21:22, Tue 7 May
Means nothing though mate in terms of proof. If he was appointed earlier our results under him in the games he took charge of may have not been even as they ended up. Injuries/suspensions etc.
Eustace would’ve had us in the play offs you are guaranteeing then if he stayed
Tony Fantastico
21:25, Tue 7 May
This is a simple but good question. I think it is important we know sooner rather than later what the situation with mowbray is.

I know for wagner and the board its balancing act they have to get right. not only the decision, if there is a decision to be made but the way they announce anything.

my opinion is playing professional football in the upper echelons of the football pyramid shall we say, as we are not in the championship at the moment. is that the board have to be ruthless with this, the championship and league one will not wait for no one.

i feel bad that tony is unwell and hope he comes back, im not a fan of venus anymore but understand its a package deal, but if we dont hear news this week, then we should be looking for a new manager and hiring one asap.

a football managers job is never done, even when the season has finished. player recruitment needs to be discussed, targets assessed and the process of signing just one player is not simple and can take time.

although we are all human and need a rest and especially if you are ill need a longer rest but i dont think its good enough to wait til june and say players are on their holidays and pre season hasnt started yet so theres no rush.

there is a rush. most of the background work is done after the season is finished before the players return so the manager can concentrate on training and coaching the players in an ideal situation. then the players tend to be signed during pre season and thereafter.

so we really do need a manager now not in june because we will already be playing catch up with other teams by then and if we want the manager to choose the players and not the DOF or TD because a manager/ head coach works better with the players they have chosen not chosen by someone else
21:28, Tue 7 May
It's all you have to go on though. Everything else is just assumption.

Rowett basically met his career average of just under 1.5 points per game. He's proven that over 500 games.

If he'd come in earlier there's an excellent chance we'd be saying cheers and bye but still in the Championship.
21:32, Tue 7 May
Assumption is what you’re using though. Like me.
Tony Fantastico
21:33, Tue 7 May
My assumptions are data driven. Yours are the senile ramblings of someone who goes to the 'pictures'.
21:34, Tue 7 May
The outright arrogance of some of our fans turning their noses up at Rowett because a perceived negative style of football will never cease to amaze me.

By far and away the best performance of the season came in the Coventry game at home with rowett in charge.
21:36, Tue 7 May
Tilton Rifle
My assumptions are data driven. Yours are the senile ramblings of someone who goes to the 'pictures'.
Rude. Reported.
And your data is driven approach is ridiculous in the scenario we’re talking about
Tony Fantastico
21:36, Tue 7 May
Ron Saunders
The outright arrogance of some of our fans turning their noses up at Rowett because a perceived negative style of football will never cease to amaze me.

By far and away the best performance of the season came in the Coventry game at home with rowett in charge.
Prove it
Tony Fantastico
21:37, Tue 7 May
Ron Saunders

… “perceived negative style” ???
Did you watch the Rotherham and Hudds games? This has got to be a wind-up.