19:30, Sat 4 May
I’m with you on this. The club has treated Tony well, and rightly so, but if he is not well enough to return soon then a tough decision will need to be made.
Blue since 67 - Will be there at the end of the road, whenever that may be!
19:32, Sat 4 May
lowercaser
- 12 months ago he was managing a team in the Championship playoffs now he is managing a team in League One.

This.

Even if he was fully recovered I'm not sure L1 would interest him.

My expectation is that Rowett gets the job full time.

Please NO !!
Bluesince62 F.E.A.
wookie
He might come back, he might not - it is just guessing.

Some people will be right and then tell everyone that ‘they told you so’.

Some people will be wrong so won’t be able to do that.

Whichever way it transpires….

👍 Whatever he decides - love the bloke.

Just hope it is his decision and not the club panicking and replacing him too soon. No real rush for him to be back fully before pre season, but a statement of intent saying Tony will be coming back provided he gets the all clear before then would settle alot of nerves.
Wagner’s Dream
Rab C Nesbitt
Eff WM. Blues said this week he’s coming back.
Wait for the next announcement from Blues
They didn’t though did they.
Reported
Tony Fantastico
lowercaser
- 12 months ago he was managing a team in the Championship playoffs now he is managing a team in League One.

This.

Even if he was fully recovered I'm not sure L1 would interest him.

My expectation is that Rowett gets the job full time.

He’s under contract to manage BCFC no matter what league we are in
Blue since 67 - Will be there at the end of the road, whenever that may be!
WelshBlue
Rab C Nesbitt

They did not say that. They specifically dud not say that.

They said he 'remains' our manager. Which is technically correct.

They deliberately did not say anything beyond that.
Reported
Tony Fantastico
Fat Buddha CBE FEA
I think most fans have been respectful and appreciated the need for privacy and whatnot, but we have been without our current manager and his trusted lieutenant for a good while now. And we’ve been relegated.

Cook et al like to emphasise how special the fans are. It wouldn't hurt now to give some indication. It’s a big summer. There’s not much time to eff about. People, fans, the special fans, probably deserve a bit of reassurance that the hard work starts now, and that the right people are in place to start it.
Reported twice
Tony Fantastico
19:33, Sat 4 May
WelshBlue
Rab C Nesbitt

They did not say that. They specifically dud not say that.

They said he 'remains' our manager. Which is technically correct.

They deliberately did not say anything beyond that.

Literally their (BBC WM) whole point was that the situation with the manager needs to be sorted out and confirmed as soon as possible in regards to the plans of recruitment and the team for league one next season. I don't think there was any indication that the club was going to changed managers or give Rowett the job.
HackneyBlue
Agree, any slight notion of Rowett continuing will have gone after the last 2 away results
This, he got us relegated and we failed to score against a team who were the worst in the league and had only won 4 games!!! We shoild have gone for broke against Rotherham and Huddersfield to ensure survival. ROWETT OUT
Rab C Nesbitt
Wagner’s Dream
Rab C Nesbitt
They didn’t though did they.
Reported
Don’t get annoyed at me for stating facts Jo.
19:57, Sat 4 May
I was always a big fan of Rowett and a defender of his pragmatic approach, as I would argue if you get points then it doesn't matter how attractive the football is. But I was disappointed with his stint here.

When he was appointed I thought we would grind out some games and survive and I know ultimately his ppg was good, but it wasn't enough and we should have gone for it more in some games. The first few games I think he set things up wrong in the 4-3-3 with Aiwu and Sanderson as DC and Bielik in the DMC, I think Bielik was better with someone alongside him and ultimately we needed him in defense, and unfortunately it took Rowett too long for him to get familiar with the squad.

He's a solid championship manager, and had he managed the whole season we would have survived. If TM isn't able to return I think we would need something else to get out of League One.
20:01, Sat 4 May
I really hope Mowbray returns but if he doesn’t Rowett is not the answer. We want exciting, fast, attacking football based on a strong spine. League 1 will be a great place to build for the future but don’t ruin it with boring football.
20:25, Sat 4 May
It would surely go against the owners philosophy if they were to employ Rowett full time. It simply cannot happen if we want to get out of L1 asap and get fans through the door despite being in the third tier.
20:27, Sat 4 May
His point per game equalled 63 points over 46 games, which would put us in 10th
20:36, Sat 4 May
If he doesn't I want Ian Evatt (should Bolton not go up)
'I truly believe that at some point during his Pompey tenure, Cotterill stated into the abyss and was met, after a time, with the gentlest of breezes and carried upon that breeze was a tiny, sweet voice, whispering "Everyone knows you're a ****". Over and over and over.' - The Secret Footballer, on Steve Cotterill.