Plenty will be interested once the Toms whisper “the project” into their lugholes
09:15, Sun 5 May
Partisan Blues Fan
Bluetone
You look at a form table for the last 5 games and the bottom half sides look like they have done better than the top half.

Also, Rowett had a good pts return, but with the games he had and knowing it was still in our hands before Rotherham, he should have done better.

People need to understand that what happened before Rowett was largely irrelevant. He came in with 8 games to go and his remit was to keep us up. We were not in the bottom 3. Analysing the games left it was clear Rotherham away was the away game you target for 3 points. They had won only 4 games all season. Why on earth would you put Oli Burke in the starting 11 and play for a draw knowing a win keeps destiny in your own hands. Rowett failed in his task. Arguing that other teams had good form is bad luck does not cut it. You create your own destiny. We had a decent run in.

Baffled how you can even think that 38 games out of our 46 game season are irrelevant
09:18, Sun 5 May
Baffled how you can’t understand that Gary took us from safety to relegation.
09:27, Sun 5 May
Fat Buddha CBE FEA
Baffled how you can’t understand that Gary took us from safety to relegation.

Yes, Cooke has a lot to answer for, doesn't he.
The cold never bothered me anyway
09:29, Sun 5 May
Yes. So does Cook.
09:49, Sun 5 May
Fully in agreement with those saying that needs to be clear ASAP! If it’s Mowbray we’ll have the best manager in the league; if not we need to act quickly and decisively because a lot of work is needed this pre season.
10:16, Sun 5 May
I'd be more than happy if TM returned. But if he does not return I'd be looking for a head coch rather than a manager. That way the recruitment of players is consistent, has an underlying strategy and if a manager leaves for whatever reason the recruitment strategy continues regardless and you don't end up with a situation like this season where we have been without a striker for 12 months.
Plenty will be interested once the Toms whisper “the project” into their lugholes

Yeah having Tom Brady place calls to Premier league teams enquiring about loan players could well bear fruit.
11:06, Mon 6 May
Alan Nixon
@reluctantnicko
I know he wants to … but his health is the priority
Tam
11:21, Mon 6 May
I would imagine that the club, by now, knows of Tony's situations and intentions and is making plans accordingly. I don't want or need an announcement, but I would guess that plans are underway for the new season in the full knowledge of the situation.

1) I hope we're back with Tony at the helm
2) If not, I hope that he's OK and makes a full recovery
3) It will have to be someone else, and there my input stops because I haven't a clue.
Make Blues Great Again

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Stating the bleeding obvious, absolutely this, our Tom can and will charm the birds from the trees, managers,players new fans and old will succumb to his mesmeric powers.
11:32, Mon 6 May
Trialist
Alan Nixon
@reluctantnicko

How about TM as Director of Football as a back up plan (if he cant return to management) with Ashley Cole as manager? That way the planning can start immediately
12:57, Mon 6 May
KRO1970
Trialist
Alan Nixon
@reluctantnicko

How about TM as Director of Football as a back up plan (if he cant return to management) with Ashley Cole as manager? That way the planning can start immediately

Too big of a gamble. Not sure if Cole would want the role, what style he'd be comfortable coaching, what he's like as a manager.

I get the logic. But not sure that's the right way to go about it personally.
14:54, Mon 6 May
Can't help but feel like 'no news is bad news' in this case.

I may be off the mark, but think we would've heard by now if Tony was coming back.
Tam
14:56, Mon 6 May
tandreou
Can't help but feel like 'no news is bad news' in this case.

I may be off the mark, but think we would've heard by now if Tony was coming back.

I don't think that it could, or should have been, before Saturday's game. Then there was the awards and a Bank Holiday, so I'm not surprised at the lack of an announcement. I'm sure that they'll know what the situation is though, and would expect an announcement pretty soon. Fingers crossed that TM's well, even if he doesn't want to return to management.
Make Blues Great Again