12:51, Tue 7 May
Why do you say that?
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
12:52, Tue 7 May
I personally don't want GR back. If Mowbray returns then that'll be brilliant but I'm not convinced he will be
12:53, Tue 7 May
Gary Rowett has never won a promotion has he? Why would you back him to do it now?

He’s generally good a getting teams with small budgets to punch above their weight and has failed when he’s had bigger budgets and ambitions at Derby and Stoke.
12:58, Tue 7 May
Nikola Zigic- FEA
Why do you say that?

Because Rowett hasn't had a single promotion in a 12 year career.....Rooney at least sets his teams up to attack and score goals, which is what it takes to be promoted.

(I'm not advocating this btw!)
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
13:00, Tue 7 May
Accept that 👍 there is no guarantee but who has a pedigree for promotions, Neil warnock (no thanks) Ian Holloway (no thanks) Steve Bruce.(shoot me)
13:02, Tue 7 May
I don't think waiting "a few weeks" - unless you already know what the outcome is going to be - is going to work in our situation. Harsh but that's where we are.
13:09, Tue 7 May
Ron Saunders
From snippets I have heard TM isn't returning and they are going to appoint GR (accept what I've heard may be well off the mark but I have no reason to doubt it).

Absolutely I imagine the hierarchy would have been exploring other options for a while now but imagine the road has led back to GR.

Am I disappointed if it ends up like this, probably a little bit, but as I keep saying substance over style in the coming year, the only success is if we achieve promotion.

I would personally back GR to achieve this.

Out of interest, and it's not something I'm going to hold you to if it doesn't happen, but how much do you trust the sources of your snippets?

Blue Turnip
Gary Rowett has never won a promotion has he? Why would you back him to do it now?

He’s generally good a getting teams with small budgets to punch above their weight and has failed when he’s had bigger budgets and ambitions at Derby and Stoke.

He hasn't no, I'd argue he probably would've done with Burton had we not poached him.

He's failed at championship level in that regard yes. Think he was close with Derby if my memory serves me correctly, but absolutely effed up Stoke. He has however acknowledged the mistakes he made and (hopefully, if we do appoint him) learned from them.

My backing for him is because I think despite League One being a lower quality league, it's a very physical, battle heavy league. His teams will rise and meet that battle. It's then up to the quality of player we have to get us wins on the board that we'll need to get us promoted. I fully get the argument that we didn't do that against Rotherham and Huddersfield, but both were away and the former had a new manager merely days before, making it a tougher game than it would've been otherwise, and it's widely accepted we have a serious imbalance in the squad this year. That doesn't excuse his selection of Oli Burke, but he also quickly learned from that and effed him off.

Rowett hasn't been in a situation where he has one of the best squads in the league if not THE best squad in the league for quite a while, if ever. And I think for me, what this squad needs regardless of who's in charge, is some of those "Rowett-esque" players who will fight and battle and drag themselves over the line. We just need to combine that with more quality, which I think we will get with the money this summer. It's not just Rowett doing the recruitment, and I think together him and Gardner would provide a good balance of recruitment. Both know the current squad, and know the deficiencies it has.

I get people's reluctance to him. But this is why I wouldn't rule him out. And if that is who the board have chosen, I think that in itself is a big admission of their mistake to be rid of Eustace and appoint Rooney because it's the antithesis of that decision.

I just want us back promoted ASAP. I don't care what style of football we play to do it. Even thinking ahead to the future - look at the sides in the prem. The board believe high possession and high shots (whatever basic stats they used to come up with the no fear tagline) gets you promoted. I agree, but Burnley have shown if you do that in the prem you will fail miserably. I'm not so sure it's the definitive way forward.

I won't be massively inspired by Rowett, but I will still go down and have hope we will bounce back. I respect all your opinions if you disagree with me. If we go get someone else in that plays that idyllic attacking style of football I'll be equally happy if not moreso. UTFB
13:12, Tue 7 May
IanT
Ron Saunders
Chris says FEA
When you're appointing a new manager your head is always on the block, there's no difference here. Even more reason for them to go through the correct processes and work bloody hard to make sure they get the right man in, rather than taking the easy and safe option by re-appointing the bloke who hangs around like a bad smell.

As Le Mod makes crystal clear, his style would be atrocious for what we are trying to achieve next season. Have a bit of ambition, Ron!

We had ambition under Steve Bruce, it led to relegation taking us from a workman like team to one with skill pace and flair and was a disaster - Gronkjaer, Melchiot, muzzy izzet.

We had ambition under previous owners, move on Rowett for Zola and bought players like N'Sue, Keita, that worked out great.

We then had ambition for progressive football under Redknapp and bought players in like Frey, Marabti, Ndoye, again what a roaring success that was.

Just be careful what we wish for, the two players who can hold their head up high this season are the Juke and Stansfield. They leave everything out on the pitch. You want progressive attractive football you might end up with a team of Bacuna's and Dembele who have all the ability in the world but no fight for the battle.

I fully accept it doesn't always correlate but we have failed in every previous attempt to change the style, next season we need promotion.

TM returning is the dream, failing that not sure we need to look much further than Rowett.

Rooney would stand a better chance of getting promotion from League 1 than Rowett.

I don't reckon Rooney has, based on his time with us he just isn't up to being a manager/ head coach. Personally I think Rooney proved who the brains were at Derby when they did well in tough circumstances and Rosenior unfortunately isn't likely to leave Hull to be his assistant again.

I really hope we're lucking for better than either, whether in the short term or as part of long term planning.
13:15, Tue 7 May
If this is true, we do need to try and get behind him or else it's going to end up like Rooney v2 with lots of division in the fanbase.

This is coming from someone who wouldn't have him or his style as first choice, but perhaps he's willing to make a change in his style.
13:16, Tue 7 May
bcfste
If this is true, we do need to try and get behind him or else it's going to end up like Rooney v2 with lots of division in the fanbase.

This is my main reservation about appointing him, rather than anything to do with his football. The very last thing we need next year is division within the fanbase again.
13:16, Tue 7 May
Ron Saunders
From snippets I have heard TM isn't returning and they are going to appoint GR (accept what I've heard may be well off the mark but I have no reason to doubt it).

Absolutely I imagine the hierarchy would have been exploring other options for a while now but imagine the road has led back to GR.

Am I disappointed if it ends up like this, probably a little bit, but as I keep saying substance over style in the coming year, the only success is if we achieve promotion.

I would personally back GR to achieve this.

I'll be fuming if they give Rowett the job. I'll still renew because I always do but I won't be happy at all. I honestly can't see it being true.
Tam
13:20, Tue 7 May
mjd2505
bcfste

This is my main reservation about appointing him, rather than anything to do with his football. The very last thing we need next year is division within the fanbase again.

My only Blues conduit is SHA - obviously,feelings are very divided on here, but does that translate to the wider Blues fans view? I sometimes find that SHA doesn't seem all that representative of fans at the ground.
Make Blues Great Again
13:20, Tue 7 May
It would go against everything said when Eustace was sacked.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
13:23, Tue 7 May
Tam
Tam
mjd2505
bcfste

My only Blues conduit is SHA - obviously,feelings are very divided on here, but does that translate to the wider Blues fans view? I sometimes find that SHA doesn't seem all that representative of fans at the ground.

Twitter I'd say yes, but same thing about it not necessarily being representative.

Think it'd probably be a very different story on the likes of Facebook.

I'd imagine it'll be split (to quote Garry Cook) into thirds. 33% will be happy with it, 33% will be willing to give it a chance, and 33% will be absolutely against it from day one.

I'm not sure we can afford that level of division. But if Rowett comes in and wins the first 5 games, perhaps convincing the likes of Bielik to stick around for a year, I'd hope the last 33% will start to get on board.
13:24, Tue 7 May
Super Hans
It would go against everything said when Eustace was sacked.

It would. And haven't a large portion of people lambasted them for what a mistake that was? I'd potentially see that as a positive. The goal should be to win - we shouldn't care (at this stage) how we do that.