22:10, Tue 7 May
I'm not sure what your argument is other than 'prove it' and something about dvbs.
22:12, Tue 7 May
We both know you do.
Tony Fantastico
22:12, Tue 7 May
Should've stuck with Venus?
22:17, Tue 7 May
He should’ve been involved with our first team yes for the last 8 games.

You seriously think Eustace would’ve got us in the play offs?
Tony Fantastico
22:20, Tue 7 May
KRO1970
Snoop
quark
I know i started this thread so its obvious i think its important for a statement to come out.
Just looking at the length of this thread it seems quite a few agree.
I cant believe the club doesn't know whats going on.
Surely the manager needs to be involved with recruitment, and we have a lot of holes to fill.
Next year will be tough enough. We cant afford to have other clubs getting the drop on us with the best loans and signings

But of course we don't necessarily know what is happening in the club.

The club might well know exactly what is going on and the manager for next season might be having some impact on recruitment plans. Just timing considerations we aren't aware of mean they haven't gone public yet.

Which all points to Rowett being manager next season, especially as we haven't issued any statement thanking him for returning as interim

Thanking him? He effing relegated us!
Tam
22:23, Tue 7 May
Well, it's the done thing, innit? Even if a club sacks a manager they usually thank them for their efforts.

I shall be a bit suspicious if the 'thank you' statement doesn’t turn up soon though.
Make Blues Great Again
22:24, Tue 7 May
Rab C Nesbitt

Why should he have been involved?

Eustace - doubtful unless he'd been backed heavily in Jan. His championship win rate isn't high enough.
He had little to no money and was working on a shoestring.

Hopefully, we will have better players at our disposal.
Tam
Tam
Well, it's the done thing, innit? Even if a club sacks a manager they usually thank them for their efforts.

I shall be a bit suspicious if the 'thank you' statement doesn’t turn up soon though.

Good point.
22:29, Tue 7 May
Tam
If we were really serious we'd just ignore him and not even acknowledge the abject failure. Full steam ahead for the future and success!
22:29, Tue 7 May
Tilton Rifle
Rab C Nesbitt

Why should he have been involved?

Eustace - doubtful unless he'd been backed heavily in Jan. His championship win rate isn't high enough.
But you used Venus’s points total as proof Rowett would do better as Venus was going to continue with that form. Surely you have to do the same for Eustace. See how silly it is.
And Venus should have been involved as he’s proven to have a better cv than Robbo for starters and be the continuity of Mowbrays reign, plus to not enforce another change of style on the players imo of course.
Anyway I’ve a Masterchef to watch
Tony Fantastico
22:30, Tue 7 May
Tam

We’re Birmingham City. We don’t do niceties or empty platitudes.

FEA.
Tam
22:31, Tue 7 May
Fat Buddha CBE FEA

We’re Birmingham City. We don’t do niceties or empty platitudes.

FEA.

Of course we do. We've got class bab.
Make Blues Great Again
22:40, Tue 7 May
Eustace may well have continued with that form. The data set is small though so confidence levels are lower. Rowett’s is proven over hundreds of games
That's why he was selected.

Keeping Venus on muddies the water with regard to authority unless an incoming manager wants to work with him.

I'd be interested to see your choice for a new manager if TM isn't able to come back.

I'm sure there'd be a selection criteria. According to you though we could get Pep in and he might start going long ball and setting up for 0-0 at Stevenage because anything that's happened before can be totally disregarded 😂
22:43, Tue 7 May
Chris says FEA
KRO1970
Snoop
quark
I know i started this thread so its obvious i think its important for a statement to come out.
Just looking at the length of this thread it seems quite a few agree.
I cant believe the club doesn't know whats going on.
Surely the manager needs to be involved with recruitment, and we have a lot of holes to fill.
Next year will be tough enough. We cant afford to have other clubs getting the drop on us with the best loans and signings

But of course we don't necessarily know what is happening in the club.

The club might well know exactly what is going on and the manager for next season might be having some impact on recruitment plans. Just timing considerations we aren't aware of mean they haven't gone public yet.

Which all points to Rowett being manager next season, especially as we haven't issued any statement thanking him for returning as interim

Thanking him? He effing relegated us!

yeh, i wouldnt go as far as thanking him, theres no need for that, the fact is he didnt keep us up and its not like he was doing it for free as a form of charity or good-will towards us. he didnt have to take the job, he did, so it was his choice.

I'm not a big fan of thanking someone for failure.