15:04, Mon 6 May
I think WM know he isn't coming back, asking GR whether he would come back if it was offered to him
15:05, Mon 6 May
Tam
Tam
tandreou
Can't help but feel like 'no news is bad news' in this case.

I may be off the mark, but think we would've heard by now if Tony was coming back.

I don't think that it could, or should have been, before Saturday's game. Then there was the awards and a Bank Holiday, so I'm not surprised at the lack of an announcement. I'm sure that they'll know what the situation is though, and would expect an announcement pretty soon. Fingers crossed that TM's well, even if he doesn't want to return to management.
exactly this

Manager

22:05, Mon 6 May
When do you think we will get an update on the manager situation?

Before STs go on sale? Which you'd imagine will be soon...
We had one last week. They said Mowbray is our manager. Rowett interim until after Norwich. The club have said Mowbray and Venus return in July.
Until I hear otherwise I believe that
Tony Fantastico
22:20, Mon 6 May
BlueSteve
I'd be more than happy if TM returned. But if he does not return I'd be looking for a head coch rather than a manager. That way the recruitment of players is consistent, has an underlying strategy and if a manager leaves for whatever reason the recruitment strategy continues regardless and you don't end up with a situation like this season where we have been without a striker for 12 months.

I know it’s fashionable to have coaches not managers but I don’t think it works for us at this junction.

With all due respect to Craig Gardner he isn’t someone you’d have faith in signing players to fit into a team system or ethic. He has done well with a few loan players in previous seasons due to relationship with Darren fletcher.

The manager (not head coach) has to have final say on signings so players are recruited to fit his system and vision and not the fantasy vision of an owner without a core understanding of English 3rd tier football.
22:37, Mon 6 May
[x.com]

If this is true I would be pretty disgusted
BlueSteve
As I and a few others have said. I'd be very suprised if he comes back now.

Indeed, I've also said it. If the medical issue was so bad, I'd have retired. And I need the money. I'm sure Tony is quite comfortable financially.

I'd be amazed if he came back.
[youtube.com]

Into The Shadows 2024 Tour Dates

14 September - Castlemeads Court Retirement Village, Gloucester
28 Sept - Exmouth Pavilion
18 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
19 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
188 followers, just some kid in his bedroom
Happy Clapper
23:05, Mon 6 May
KRO1970
[x.com]

Which part would you be disgusted about? If it's true and Tom Wagner is aware that TM is going to have to step down, then talking to potential new managers is the natural next step?
When do you think we will get an update on the manager situation?

Before STs go on sale? Which you'd imagine will be soon...

Next week id imagine
23:32, Mon 6 May
KRO1970
[x.com]

Always good to check the account that has posted the tweet - this is bollocks.
23:53, Mon 6 May
Someone mentioned David Moyes to me but at the moment I cannot reveal who.
03:51, Tue 7 May
Petebaldwin
An announcement isn’t needed but a decision needs to be made very soon either way (and I suspect it probably already has been).

We've all heard the c word and bowel mentioned in the last month or so....
If that's the case he won't be coming back...
Hopefully this lot have already sourced a competent manager if this is the case.

If that’s the case, does football really matter? Give the man a break.
06:35, Tue 7 May
Perhaps they (Blues) don't want to give us any more bad news re Tony following relegation (imagine the idiots meltdown on FB/social media!)
As mentioned all that matters is Tones health in the grand scheme of things.
I'm sure if he isn't coming back a new manager will be announced the same time as his retirement to help soften the blow
07:12, Tue 7 May
KRO1970
[x.com]

This is bollocks.

Source: The proprietor of said restaurant.