14:13, Tue 7 May
Fat Buddha CBE FEA
I don't think Liam would be too enamoured of us after the way we treated his mate. And yes, money talks.

His mate failed horrendously in his job with us. Not sure we even treated Rooney badly to be honest.
14:27, Tue 7 May
Fat Buddha CBE FEA
I don't think Liam would be too enamoured of us after the way we treated his mate. And yes, money talks.

His mate failed horrendously in his job with us. Not sure we even treated Rooney badly to be honest.

That might be your view, but it isnt Liams view. His view matters more than your view. You might think that's unfortunate.
14:28, Tue 7 May
I agree completely.

I'd still go in for him
Fat Buddha CBE FEA

Why do you always refer to managers by their first names? I don’t like it, it’s suspect. I’ve reported you.
I was really struggling to spell fecking Rosenior
14:55, Tue 7 May
mjd2505
Absolutely - whichever way we go, we have to have no managerial changes next season. I don't think Rowett does bad enough to get sacked during the season - just saying.

Side note. Rosenior has just been sacked. Any takers?

I actually meant it more as a 5 - 10 years thing, including managerial changes.
We need to have a preferred style and stick too is, then Gardner and co can recruit players who suit it and it matters much less if we change managers.

If GR gets the job this season and we sign a load of players to suit his style of play, then we're likely to have those players for 3-4 years. This then restricts our ability to transition to a more attractive style down the line, or we have aload of players we need to offload.
14:57, Tue 7 May
I am totally failing to see how we can possibly appoint GR on a full time basis. I'm a big fan of GR but his style of football goes totally against everything the club have said since we got rid of JE and the noises coming out of the club re recruitment and how we are not only looking at players for this summer, but for 1-2 years time, coupled with the fact we effectively need to rebuild the whole squad this summer - it makes absolutely no sense.
15:03, Tue 7 May
Snoop
mjd2505
Absolutely - whichever way we go, we have to have no managerial changes next season. I don't think Rowett does bad enough to get sacked during the season - just saying.

Side note. Rosenior has just been sacked. Any takers?

I actually meant it more as a 5 - 10 years thing, including managerial changes.
We need to have a preferred style and stick too is, then Gardner and co can recruit players who suit it and it matters much less if we change managers.

If GR gets the job this season and we sign a load of players to suit his style of play, then we're likely to have those players for 3-4 years. This then restricts our ability to transition to a more attractive style down the line, or we have aload of players we need to offload.

I get your point yeah. I do wonder if relegation changes it just because we need to get out that league ASAP.

But opportunities like the one we've potentially been presented with in Rosenior is something we should absolutely be all over. I'm sure Sunderland and Plymouth will also be on the phone, but I think we can offer him something to tempt him.
15:07, Tue 7 May
So many variables for him and his family to take into consideration, clearly a very serious illness and the job required is going to be time & energy consuming. If he isn't well enough for such a role maybe he could be of help to CG in the back office doing due diligence on players before we sign them, something that was missing from last years recruitment.
16:01, Tue 7 May
BlueSteve
Bluesince62 F.E.A.
If it was CG then he deserves credit for that.
CG does have value and that was a good decision. Recruitment is a complex area though. We need a better scouting network and need to build a recruitment infrastructure. We need more skilled people with a track record of proven success in this area IMO.

Fair.
Up the feckin Blues
It’s going to be Gardner with Tony Pulis coming in upstairs.
18:53, Tue 7 May
I know i started this thread so its obvious i think its important for a statement to come out.
Just looking at the length of this thread it seems quite a few agree.
I cant believe the club doesn't know whats going on.
Surely the manager needs to be involved with recruitment, and we have a lot of holes to fill.
Next year will be tough enough. We cant afford to have other clubs getting the drop on us with the best loans and signings
The fact that Jellyfish have survived for 500 million years without a brain, must give hope to a lot of people
19:37, Tue 7 May
quark
I know i started this thread so its obvious i think its important for a statement to come out.
Surely the manager needs to be involved with recruitment, and we have a lot of holes to fill.
Next year will be tough enough. We cant afford to have other clubs getting the drop on us with the best loans and signings

But of course we don't necessarily know what is happening in the club.

The club might well know exactly what is going on and the manager for next season might be having some impact on recruitment plans. Just timing considerations we aren't aware of mean they haven't gone public yet.
19:41, Tue 7 May
Snoop
quark

But of course we don't necessarily know what is happening in the club.

The club might well know exactly what is going on and the manager for next season might be having some impact on recruitment plans. Just timing considerations we aren't aware of mean they haven't gone public yet.

Which all points to Rowett being manager next season, especially as we haven't issued any statement thanking him for returning as interim
20:02, Tue 7 May
Didn't they come out with a statement before the Norwich game saying along the lines ig was rowett's last game?