09:09, Sun 3 Dec
Nikola Zigic
I have absolutely no concerns about Knighthead or them changing the playing style, I'm all for it.

My concern is with the man they've chosen to do it and how it's started so far.

I'm concerned about them doubling down and backing the wrong man for the job. My hope is that players are signed to fit a new style not just a manager and they'll be long term additions no matter who's in charge.

Yeah, that's the point I'm making I don't think we have to worry about that fortunately.

I share your concern by the way, I think the players have been left a bit flummoxed by what they have been asked to do (lots of different systems in the eight games). Rooney doesn't seem to take much ownership of that in his interviews either which is an alarming sign to me anyway.
09:09, Sun 3 Dec
I think Rooney is acting on orders though. He’s been bought in to change things. If Rooney goes well still be expected to play a passing style. Same as every other team affiliated to the club
Tony Fantastico
09:10, Sun 3 Dec
number8
I think mid season is ok if you go evolution over revolution. Rooney went too quick, I think he knows that now and it's leading to uncertainty all over the place.

Yeah, this.
09:10, Sun 3 Dec
Yeah that’s what I’ve said and agree with a few times.

He’s tried to do something far too quick, rather than just sprinkling a bit of change

I’ve seen a few say the players signed in the summer were with the change in mind, but some of them are the most bewildered by it.

Dropping James yesterday was plain stupid, he’s seen enough of Beilik to realise he’s a sitting player. Burke was just a complete waste of time, he really is woeful footballer.
09:12, Sun 3 Dec
James not playing was met with universal disbelief by our drunks at 2.00pm
Tony Fantastico
09:15, Sun 3 Dec
I was staggered by it. He had one of his better games Wednesday.

Bielik and Bacuna don’t work. Sanderson and Aiwu don’t either. That’s a huge problem
09:18, Sun 3 Dec
Why anyone thought we would get a tune from Burke when loads of others have failed amazes me. Sometimes signings are just poor and he's one.
09:18, Sun 3 Dec
I've read somewhere that he was feeling unwell in the lead up to the game, so there may have been a reason for it.
09:20, Sun 3 Dec
He’s the one midfielder who instinctively carries the ball forwards or looks to pass between lines or wide quickly rather than back. Bacuna does it occasionally but plays at his own pace. If we want to play a better style James has to play.
We’re still hampered by having Juke, Burke and Hogan as our striker options after Stansfield. Hogan is easily the best option out of the 3 though
Tony Fantastico
09:22, Sun 3 Dec
True enough, but baby steps. That line up and approach v Boro was seen by everyone as a bit mad professor and we've not really clicked for more than a couple of halves since.

I am sure he knows his remit but he needs a break here or it's never going to happen for him.
09:26, Sun 3 Dec
This isn’t making excuses for him but more an observation of watching Blues. Rowett seemed a lucky manager which is a good trait, Rooney seems unlucky which is shite. Longelo’s back pass v Hull, Southampton’s first was offside, the non pen on Burke in the same game, yesterday their 2 player’s staying on for the JJ slap/punch and the awful lunge on Dembeles calf/achilles
Tony Fantastico
09:27, Sun 3 Dec
Fry always said it's better to be a lucky manager than a good one 🤣
09:29, Sun 3 Dec
Rab C Nesbitt
I think Rooney is acting on orders though. He’s been bought in to change things. If Rooney goes well still be expected to play a passing style. Same as every other team affiliated to the club

That comes under “ managing expectations “ if my boss asks me to do something and I don’t have the tools or personnel to do it
I TELL HIM. We then work out what we can achieve now and how we will progress going forward.
The fact that Jellyfish have survived for 500 million years without a brain, must give hope to a lot of people
09:34, Sun 3 Dec
number8
Fry always said it's better to be a lucky manager than a good one 🤣
Yep. Some truth in it. We got lucky against Albion, Leeds and Plymouth and Christ some the legacy of that hangs over home games like toxic smoke
Tony Fantastico
I don't think we got lucky against Leeds or Albion tbh. Plymouth yeah.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H