Buchanan and Rooney were both honest and correct. If Wayne has abandoned playing out from the back then the back 4/5 should be able to revert to how they started the season. JJ has to start on Friday. Unless we can loan a keeper, centre half and forward capable of playing Wazzball in January then Wayne will have to be pragmatic until we can sign his players.
19:23, Sat 2 Dec
NeilM
To be honest I didn't disagree with much Rooney said in the interview, the question is how does he sort it out?

It was interesting that in Lee Buchanan's interview played before Rooney's he said "the players have to take responsibility", and for me that was the main issue today, too many players went hiding, you saw the difference when Jordan James came on, took the game by the scruff of the neck and tried to make things happen, others didn't.

This
Some proper cowardly stuff today but then when you can hear a pin drop in the ground you can see why they’re nervous.

Sorry , ................ you're blaming the fans for today's performance ?
19:24, Sat 2 Dec
Don’t think the crowd is helping as much as it shoukd too many seem to have made their mind up.
19:24, Sat 2 Dec
From what I have seen he’s having a real dig at the players which is hardly going to engender any loyalty. “Losing the dressing room” might actually be happening.

If we get one or two points from the next 15 I’d be surprised!
Blue since 67 - Will be there at the end of the road, whenever that may be!
Players should play for them selves, the supporters and the manager. If you don’t you ain’t much of a player.
19:28, Sat 2 Dec
tebily
derbyblue
is that a genuine quote

must be a great place of work being told you’re not good enough to do something…. motivation is still the key for me, and i don’t think we’ve got any

I listened to it, I think he said 'not ready' rather than not good enough. Might be misremembering.

You’re not misremembering; that’s what he said in relation to playing out from the back. He did also say later in the interview that ‘we’re not good under pressure’.
shd
19:35, Sat 2 Dec
johnnyspex
NeilM
To be honest I didn't disagree with much Rooney said in the interview, the question is how does he sort it out?

It was interesting that in Lee Buchanan's interview played before Rooney's he said "the players have to take responsibility", and for me that was the main issue today, too many players went hiding, you saw the difference when Jordan James came on, took the game by the scruff of the neck and tried to make things happen, others didn't.

This
Some proper cowardly stuff today but then when you can hear a pin drop in the ground you can see why they’re nervous.

Nervous ??
Ffs what total bilge !
These are meant to be professional athletes and are paid handsomely for it the most of them
19:35, Sat 2 Dec
johnnyspex
NeilM

[/b]

Not seeming to have a clue what you are meant to be doing from one week to the next doesn't help. Nor does being sold down the river by your manager. As has been said. If he now wants us to be more direct, why give the players 10 days off over the international break? Shouldn't they have been working on this new pattern of play?
Nothing adds up! and i'm not having that this downturn is not Rooneys fault as manager, and Cooks for appointing him
The fact that Jellyfish have survived for 500 million years without a brain, must give hope to a lot of people
19:38, Sat 2 Dec
shd
shd
johnnyspex
NeilM

This

Nervous ??
Ffs what total bilge !
These are meant to be professional athletes and are paid handsomely for it the most of them

Confidence is important in any walk of life, even more so in top level sport.

In any job if you have your confidence undermined by your manager you won't perform to the best of your abilities.

It's a crucial manegerial skill.....to build people's confidence so that you can get the best out of them.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
shd
19:51, Sat 2 Dec
IanT
shd
johnnyspex
NeilM

This

Nervous ??
Ffs what total bilge !

In any job if you have your confidence undermined by your manager you won't perform to the best of your abilities.

It's a crucial manegerial skill.....to build people's confidence so that you can get the best out of them.

So is having pride in your own self and performance
19:56, Sat 2 Dec
shd
shd
IanT
shd
johnnyspex
NeilM

This

Nervous ??
Ffs what total bilge !

So is having pride in your own self and performance

True, but the players look lost to me. They seem scared to make a mistake, and they know the manager (and the fans) will criticise them if they make another mistake.

They're human beings, it's natural to go hiding in those circumstances.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
20:00, Sat 2 Dec
Rags
NeilM

This

Sorry , ................ you're blaming the fans for today's performance ?

What’s it like to be you?? Always looking for an argument, constantly at odds with everybody.

The atmosphere was crap & edgy & that spills over on to the pitch imo. it’s been like that at stans for ages even when JE was in charge. we’re only up for derby’s & games where their might be some bovver.And before you say that it’s the players who have to ignite the fans it is at times & not at others.
I can remember our fans singing their hearts out & having a laugh with some brilliant gallows humour when we were dross. Now it’s booing & bitching & i told you so merchants.

We’re crap & lacking confidence & the fans have to carry them a little bit it’s a kind of symbiotic thing imo Rags sorry if you don’t agree & want a bun fight but i’m not in the mood.
20:04, Sat 2 Dec
Oh give over, I'm sick of the players not being able to accept criticism. They're a bunch of grown men, not an under 16s team. Deal with it.
20:05, Sat 2 Dec
CastleBlue
Nikola Zigic
I just can't get my breath with that.

I need to collate my thoughts because I'm just going to vomit out paragraph after paragraph at this rate.

To be honest his insterviews are one the things tbat i like about him. He summed up the game and was honest about how shit we are.

The concerning thing about that comment is if he is telling the players to stop pratting about with it, why are they not listening to him?

He sounded almost amused/at a loss how we couldn't control a ball n make simple passes.

That's what worries me about a manager like Rooney. He was inherently talented and I'm sure he worked hard but a lot of things surely came naturally to him. There are a lot of naturally gifted footballers that simply can't explain to others how to do what they did and can't comprehend why they can't do it. And the difference between good managers and bad ones is the ability to convey such messages.
20:06, Sat 2 Dec
CastleBlue
Said we were fortunate to get a draw and he has told the players to stop trying to play it out from the back as they aren't good enough for it and to be more direct.

Rooney saying to players not to play it from the back?

My brother in christ, you're the one who told them to play it like that in the first place.