12:31, Sun 3 Dec
Villa John didnt bring in the players. The recruitment team led by Craig Gardner did.

I'm going to assume they were brought in with the rationale of playing more expansive progressive football.
12:34, Sun 3 Dec
More expansive, open football whilst only having one leg, must of em
12:37, Sun 3 Dec
BluSabre
Villa John didnt bring in the players. The recruitment team led by Craig Gardner did.

I'm going to assume they were brought in with the rationale of playing more expansive progressive football.

I make the assumption because those players worked well in his system and they are not working well in Rooney's and people are starting to blame the players as not being good enough. In particular new recruits like Bielik. If the players are not good enough for Rooney and he's playing the way the board wants, they clearly weren't signed with his type of football in mind.

In the owners want a brand of football regardless of manager then they need first establish a solid recruitment system and then appoint head coaches. Rooney was a appointed as a manager, which suggests he'll have a certain amount of control on signings. So if we give him Jan and it doesn't work out and then sack him, we've got a mess of playing squad.

Just seems to me there's a lack of thinking at the top and this is all being done haphazardly.
12:39, Sun 3 Dec
The players are good enough.

The team we have should not be in the position we are. We are underachieving.
12:40, Sun 3 Dec
CastleBlue
The players are good enough.

The team we have should not be in the position we are. We are underachieving.

Oh I agree. I'm just making the point that some fans are making in defence of Rooney/Cook and this supposed philosophy.
BluSabre

I make the assumption because those players worked well in his system and they are not working well in Rooney's and people are starting to blame the players as not being good enough. In particular new recruits like Bielik. If the players are not good enough for Rooney and he's playing the way the board wants, they clearly weren't signed with his type of football in mind.

In the owners want a brand of football regardless of manager then they need first establish a solid recruitment system and then appoint head coaches. Rooney was a appointed as a manager, which suggests he'll have a certain amount of control on signings. So if we give him Jan and it doesn't work out and then sack him, we've got a mess of playing squad.

Just seems to me there's a lack of thinking at the top and this is all being done haphazardly.

Results under Villa John were rather mercurial. Those players worked well in his system sometimes, certainly not all the time. Regardless of that the money men decided he was not their cup of tea so it's all fecking moot.

They don't want dull but occasionally effective football.
12:53, Sun 3 Dec
And yet that's pretty much what they've ended up with, except with less wins.
The cold never bothered me anyway
13:06, Sun 3 Dec
Tha Project OBE
BluSabre

Results under Villa John were rather mercurial. Those players worked well in his system sometimes, certainly not all the time. Regardless of that the money men decided he was not their cup of tea so it's all fecking moot.

Yeah i'm sure glad we don't have results like that anymore. This is much less dull.

Dear god.
13:42, Sun 3 Dec

Yup, yesterday was as dull and shit a game of football as you'll see.
13:44, Sun 3 Dec
Tha Project OBE
BluSabre

Yeah i'm sure glad we don't have results like that anymore. This is much less dull.

Dear god.

Shockingly thoughtless, banal response. You need to put a bit more effort in
13:48, Sun 3 Dec
Ricky Blotto

Some are still trying to tell us that there is progress. Not only is there no progress we have gone significantly backwards in every area.
Fewer goals scored, FAR more conceded, and it could have been a LOT more, and one win, scraped at home against the bottom team.
The “style” of play is not only less effective, but less entertaining too, unless you’re a fan of shots raining in on our goal
13:58, Sun 3 Dec
Think your assumption that the players are not good enough for Rooney is miles off and to pick out Bielik as one of those players…?.

RW has the best squad of players we’ve had in years and if he can’t get a tune out of them lot it’s him that isn’t good enough.

Another bad month and I don’t think they will let him loose with the kitty in January.
14:41, Sun 3 Dec
My biggest fear is that we leave it too late. While to go before we reach that stage I suppose, but history has plenty of examples of teams who are too good to go down being unable to get out of a slump, even with a new manager [/quote]

This is my fear. I have this nasty nagging little voice at the back of my head telling me they are going to stick with Rooney until it's too late.
How ironic would it be for Blues to go down with this squad of players. When you think of the gangs of journeymen, that have kept us up with little more than hard graft, determination and a bit of organisation
The fact that Jellyfish have survived for 500 million years without a brain, must give hope to a lot of people
14:49, Sun 3 Dec
Ricky Blotto

I called it after 35 mins to my Lad. Nil nil unless they score. Only poor finishing meant they didnt
The fact that Jellyfish have survived for 500 million years without a brain, must give hope to a lot of people
Tha Project OBE
Rooneys appointment was not nepotism.

Yes it was, that isn't something Gary Cook wasn't hiding about. He brag about their friendship and that they knew each other since he was 16 and all that.
football is always nepotism at the end, although it's shit but it happens. Trying to deny that their friendship and that nepotism wasn't a factor of his hiring is a weird hill to die on