20:43, Sat 2 Dec
CarlosCostly
I think it was a fantastic idea to get the lads to have 10 days off rather than being on the training ground working on positioning, passing, pressing and playing styles. If we are going to return to a more direct style of play we may aswell have stuck with E/ustace (I couldnt care less if we kept or sacked him at the time). The thing that annoys me the most is the lack of options we looked at bringing in as manager, just gave it to Rooney without other candidates being considered.
When did they have 10 days off?

It was 9 days.

S,M,T,W,T,F,S,S,M

The whole of the international break .... ALL players, apart from those injured - none of them were in at the training ground and were given personal training programs and diets to follow either at home or on holiday.
20:47, Sat 2 Dec
CarlosCostly
I think it was a fantastic idea to get the lads to have 10 days off rather than being on the training ground working on positioning, passing, pressing and playing styles. If we are going to return to a more direct style of play we may aswell have stuck with E/ustace (I couldnt care less if we kept or sacked him at the time). The thing that annoys me the most is the lack of options we looked at bringing in as manager, just gave it to Rooney without other candidates being considered.
When did they have 10 days off?

It was 9 days.

S,M,T,W,T,F,S,S,M

The whole of the international break .... ALL players, apart from those injured - none of them were in at the training ground and were given personal training programs and diets to follow either at home or on holiday.

WFH then..And we all know what a charade that is.

Were these lazy charlatans monitored by the sports science lads at all?

Feeding their sourdough starter probably
20:52, Sat 2 Dec
Colonia
Jmac98765
Oh give over, I'm sick of the players not being able to accept criticism. They're a bunch of grown men, not an under 16s team. Deal with it.

I agree with this 100%.

How do you know they can't accept criticism? I'm sure they got lots of criticism from the last manager when they weren't great. He just never called it out publicly
bluer than blues
IanT
shd
IanT
shd
johnnyspex
NeilM
To be honest I didn't disagree with much Rooney said in the interview, the question is how does he sort it out?

It was interesting that in Lee Buchanan's interview played before Rooney's he said "the players have to take responsibility", and for me that was the main issue today, too many players went hiding, you saw the difference when Jordan James came on, took the game by the scruff of the neck and tried to make things happen, others didn't.

This
Some proper cowardly stuff today but then when you can hear a pin drop in the ground you can see why they’re nervous.

Nervous ??
Ffs what total bilge !
These are meant to be professional athletes and are paid handsomely for it the most of them

Confidence is important in any walk of life, even more so in top level sport.

In any job if you have your confidence undermined by your manager you won't perform to the best of your abilities.

It's a crucial manegerial skill.....to build people's confidence so that you can get the best out of them.

So is having pride in your own self and performance

True, but the players look lost to me. They seem scared to make a mistake, and they know the manager (and the fans) will criticise them if they make another mistake.

They're human beings, it's natural to go hiding in those circumstances.

And isn't a stark difference from where they were under JE, which was a confident group who knew their roles and trusted their ability to do it.
In some games. Not all of them. QPR at home was similar to today. Rotherham away last season way worse. Plenty better admittedly but lots worse too.
But inconsistency has been a pain for ages
Tony Fantastico
21:02, Sat 2 Dec
Tha Project OBE
Jmac98765
Oh give over, I'm sick of the players not being able to accept criticism. They're a bunch of grown men, not an under 16s team. Deal with it.

Like any group of employees some players need a bollocking, and others need an arm around them.

If some lose confidence and go into their shell and therefore stop performing, what are you going to do? Criticise them even more? Shout even louder at them?

Times have changed, and management skills have changed with them.

Management ethos has changed, but not necessarily management skills. I’m not convinced that you can equate a highly paid, highly skilled elite sportsman, who comes complete with an agent to represent him, with a 9 to 5 data analyst. It probably works a bit different. Might be wrong though.

Human beings are human beings FB, athletes or otherwise.

One thing is for sure, any top athlete has to be relaxed in order to be able to deliver their skills.....and this lot are anything but relaxed.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
21:07, Sat 2 Dec
During the most recent international break.
21:08, Sat 2 Dec
CarlosCostly
Prove it
Tony Fantastico
21:13, Sat 2 Dec
To me the biggest problem is we aren't scoring.
Resolve that and everything else will calm down.

In 8 games under Rooney we have scored the first goal once.
That's not good enough.
21:14, Sat 2 Dec
One thing I’d say about good management is whether you are bastard ora snowflake you have to be absolutes consistent n your approach.

I don’t mean refusing to change…..that would be piss poor and stupid, I mean in how you approach the job, not contradicting yourself, not blowing with wind, treating everyone the same, even the shithouses you hate. Coming down quickly on poor performance, all that shite. Showing leadership by taking responsibility. I think Wayne probably does most of that, possibly not all of it, but he’s a beginner. This shit is hard.

Human beings aren’t all the same, you should know that. If you don’t believe it, ask someone like Steve Peters.
21:16, Sat 2 Dec
CarlosCostly
Prove it

Bloody hell mate .. it was in all the papers ,,, there was a massive thread on it on here ... ... pics on Facebook of Sanderson in Tenerife posing with fans

I think Rab still has me on jonore for some reason ...

send him this link

[www.dailymail.co.uk]
21:16, Sat 2 Dec
What exactly do you want me to prove? and what evidence do you want to satisfy your needs?

P.S.

Rags recommended reading this
[www.dailymail.co.uk]
shd
21:17, Sat 2 Dec
Colonia
Jmac98765

I agree with this 100%.

Totally agree
Their chosen career
21:17, Sat 2 Dec
... and here's the 9 page thread about it

[www.smallheathalliance.com]
21:19, Sat 2 Dec
I think Rab still has me on jonore for some reason ...

It was 9 days.

S,M,T,W,T,F,S,S,M

The whole of the international break .... ALL players, apart from those injured - none of them were in at the training ground and were instead given personal training programs and diets to follow either at home or on holiday.

It was in all the papers ,,, there was a massive thread on it on here ... ... pics on Facebook of Sanderson in Tenerife posing with fans

send him this link

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

... and here's the 9 page thread about it

[www.smallheathalliance.com]

if someone replies to this using "quote" then Rab will see it
21:20, Sat 2 Dec
My whole point is that human beings *aren't* the same, and need treating differently in order to get the best out of them (although you're correct about consistency of approach).

I think we're probably more in agreement here than we realise.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.