11:19, Sun 3 Dec
This isn’t making excuses for him

That started my post. Well done for ignoring both of you.
Tony Fantastico
11:34, Sun 3 Dec
So how do you think this pans out?

Will he turn it around, or will it continue to be be a bit chaotic until the inevitable happens?
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
11:39, Sun 3 Dec
Nearly all managers leave by being sacked. I was the first to criticise him on here after the Hull game for saying he’d listened to the players and would go more direct. Others said it was a positive that he’d listen to them. He’s here to implement a style. It’s not for the players to decide. The lack of playing style and starting line ups is worrying. Hence the chaos and inconsistency.
But that shouldn’t stop me or anyone else backing them during games.
Tony Fantastico
11:48, Sun 3 Dec
IanT

Will he turn it around, or will it continue to be be a bit chaotic until the inevitable happens?

This is so intriguing

Ultimately I think he end up getting the sack 10 games into next season

Just do enough this season with the odd win here and there and we pin our hopes on him doing better withn new players

Hope im wrong and either Jan and summer additions and a pre season really makes the difference but im sceptical based on his previous record and the small sample size hes had with us
12:01, Sun 3 Dec
IanT

I think the board will give him him the January transfer window to back him getting the players he wants. If results doesn't improve or god forbid we enter into a relegation battle in the final quarter of the season (and there's no improve to the team and results whatsoever) then he'd get sacked.

But even then the club will still try and play that style of football in the new season, which I'm not against, but implementation of the idea hasn't paid off so far. We didn't get a proper upgrade/better replacement for JE that can play this attacking style football, hiring someone out of reputation and poor managerial career.
12:03, Sun 3 Dec
Rab C Nesbitt
Nearly all managers leave by being sacked. I was the first to criticise him on here after the Hull game for saying he’d listened to the players and would go more direct. Others said it was a positive that he’d listen to them. He’s here to implement a style. It’s not for the players to decide. The lack of playing style and starting line ups is worrying. Hence the chaos and inconsistency.

Agreed.

How long do you think he'll last?

I think he may be gone sooner rather than later (I say that mainly because these guys won't mess around and they'll want the fans back onside asap).

NouCamp thinks he'll last 10 games into next season. I'm going to stick my neck out and say I think he might be gone by the end of January.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
12:03, Sun 3 Dec
I can’t imagine either Wayne or his assistants need the money, I wouldn’t be surprised if one or all of them said eff this for a game of tin soldiers and trotted off.

I can see why people bemoan his record, but in the circumstances he did well with Derby. I can see why people say we have gone backwards, we have, but to say there have been no signs of progress is wrong. Just the other day we showed thrilling signs of progress.

It’s such shame that on a Sunday, a pre Christmas Sunday, the poor man is being so maligned.

They say, incorrectly that’s country gets the government it deserves, if a fanbase gets the manager it deserves we’ll end up being managed by John Sitton.
12:05, Sun 3 Dec
Absolutely need whole-hearted support in the meantime. I hope I’m wrong, but I think he’s out of his depth, and he’s j(already) been casting about for something that might work.
I quite like the bloke, although his public criticism of the players is, I think, ill-advised.
My feeling is that he is unlikely to turn it around.
My biggest fear is that we leave it too late. While to go before we reach that stage I suppose, but history has plenty of examples of teams who are too good to go down being unable to get out of a slump, even with a new manager
12:07, Sun 3 Dec
Absolutely need whole-hearted support in the meantime. I hope I’m wrong, but I think he’s out of his depth, and he’s (already) been casting about for something that might work.
I quite like the bloke, although his public criticism of the players is, I think, ill-advised.
My feeling is that he is unlikely to turn it around.
My biggest fear is that we leave it too late. While to go before we reach that stage I suppose, but history has plenty of examples of teams who are too good to go down being unable to get out of a slump, even with a new manager
12:08, Sun 3 Dec
I would be typical Blues that this is finally the season we actually do drop lol
“there have been no signs of progress is wrong. Just the other day we showed thrilling signs of progress.”
Progress is not a few good passages of play, interspersed with 4 defensive howlers, and book-ended by 2 very poor performances against the bottom 2 teams in the league.
If that is the measure of progress we are looking for I’m out.
12:18, Sun 3 Dec
Yeah I agree, if things don’t pick up from here I can see him gone in January.

What a bastard shambles.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
12:20, Sun 3 Dec
IanT
Rab C Nesbitt

Agreed.

I think he may be gone sooner rather than later (I say that mainly because these guys won't mess around and they'll want the fans back onside asap).

NouCamp thinks he'll last 10 games into next season. I'm going to stick my neck out and say I think he might be gone by the end of January.
I think they’ll back him through January. But I honestly have no idea of how we’ll play game by game. So I’ll sit on the fence for a change.
Even Fridays game how can you predict that when you can’t predict the starting 11
Tony Fantastico
Rab C Nesbitt

That's a fair point, Rab. Personally, I think we've then got to start asking questions of Cook and the ownership with regards to the practicalities, speed, and processes behind such a change.

How are we going to do it without money?

Why are we trying to do it so fast?

Why was Rooney identified as the perfect candidate for this? What evidence was there for his suitability for such a role?

What contingencies are in place if it all goes wrong?
12:27, Sun 3 Dec
IanT
Rab C Nesbitt

Agreed.

I'll say Jan as well but perhaps mid.

If we're determined to set a new style then Cook and the board need to start getting sensible about transfers. We've seemingly let JE bring in his players who are now not good enough for Rooney and it would be idiotic to let Rooney have a dominant opinion in Jan if he's not going to be given time regardless of results.

Cook needs to implement a system like Brighton's if he wants to drastically change the style, which means consistently recruiting the same style of players and manager.