18:52, Sat 2 Dec
It’s a sackable offence if true.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
18:57, Sat 2 Dec
Can’t say I’m a fan of constantly calling the players out in public. Hardly inspiring and motivational to the players if they’re being rinsed in the dressing room; and then rinsed in the press and on social media as well.

In terms of the players not being good enough, I think it’s clear that the majority can’t play whatever Rooney wants us to play, then again his style of play seems to change constantly as well. Either way, outside of buying a new team in January, which we can’t do, we’re stuck with most of them.
19:00, Sat 2 Dec
Can’t say I’m a fan of constantly calling the players out in public. Hardly inspiring and motivational to the players if they’re being rinsed in the dressing room; and then rinsed in the press and on social media as well.

In terms of the players not being good enough, I think it’s clear that the majority can’t play whatever Rooney wants us to play, then again his style of play seems to change constantly as well. Either way, outside of buying a new team in January, which we can’t do, we’re stuck with most of them.

It could be problematic though if we go out and get another load of players in (i think we had 10 in last Summer) to suit a particular system and then he changes the way he wants to play ..... again.
19:01, Sat 2 Dec
To be honest I didn't disagree with much Rooney said in the interview, the question is how does he sort it out?

It was interesting that in Lee Buchanan's interview played before Rooney's he said "the players have to take responsibility", and for me that was the main issue today, too many players went hiding, you saw the difference when Jordan James came on, took the game by the scruff of the neck and tried to make things happen, others didn't.
19:02, Sat 2 Dec
I think it was a fantastic idea to get the lads to have 10 days off rather than being on the training ground working on positioning, passing, pressing and playing styles. If we are going to return to a more direct style of play we may aswell have stuck with E/ustace (I couldnt care less if we kept or sacked him at the time). The thing that annoys me the most is the lack of options we looked at bringing in as manager, just gave it to Rooney without other candidates being considered.
19:03, Sat 2 Dec
To be honest I didn't disagree with much Rooney said in the interview, the question is how does he sort it out?

It was interesting that in Lee Buchanan's interview played before Rooney's he said "the players have to take responsibility", and for me that was the main issue today, too many players went hiding, you saw the difference when Jordan James came on, took the game by the scruff of the neck and tried to make things happen, others didn't.

You make a good point .... it's not really the manager's job JUST to point out how bad we are at things (pundits, fans, commentators etc can do that) ... the reason he's in charge is to find the solution to the problem
19:05, Sat 2 Dec
We need several players with the surname 'Shelby'.

Seriously, we lack players who are going to 'boss' the play - James seems able to.
19:06, Sat 2 Dec
I totally agree. Given that Rooney was supposedly the plan even in the summer, they should have recruited players then to play his ideal system, rather than Eustaces, given they were going to bin him off as soon as Rooney became available. Just seems rather pointless.

And to that, I’d say all fans were happy with our recruitment in the summer, and now they’re not good enough.
19:07, Sat 2 Dec

You make a good point .... it's not really the manager's job JUST to point out how bad we are at things (pundits, fans, commentators etc can do that) ... the reason he's in charge is to find the solution to the problem

And the bastard just can’t be arsed. I hate him.
19:09, Sat 2 Dec
CarlosCostly
I think it was a fantastic idea to get the lads to have 10 days off rather than being on the training ground working on positioning, passing, pressing and playing styles. If we are going to return to a more direct style of play we may aswell have stuck with E/ustace (I couldnt care less if we kept or sacked him at the time). The thing that annoys me the most is the lack of options we looked at bringing in as manager, just gave it to Rooney without other candidates being considered.

If were honest he was given the job because he's mates with cook and his 'name', not his managerial record.
19:15, Sat 2 Dec
Good interview and we didn’t do the silly passing along the 6 yard box today even compared to Albion.

Great praise for JJ. Certain starter now.
When is Rooney going to "man up" and take responsibility for the mess he is creating, rather than blame it on the players?
When is Rooney going to "man up" and take responsibility for the mess he is creating, rather than blame it on the players?

Tuesday, I heard.
19:21, Sat 2 Dec
NeilM

This
Some proper cowardly stuff today but then when you can hear a pin drop in the ground you can see why they’re nervous.
19:21, Sat 2 Dec
He said weren’t ready for it. I thought the interview was fine. Honest not over critical but said must do better.

Seems many have their mind made up pity at a time we need to pull together. Players need lifting and you can see quite a few are edgy.

We are desparate for a centre forward have been for years. That’s the biggest issue that needs addressing and a problem for whoever manages.

In the short term I’m not having that Juke or Burke starting is a better option than Horgan in particular at home. His runs are much better.