Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Bluestaines
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Bluestaines
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Bluestaines
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Miguelagenn
That was truly awful, god only knows where we go from here.
m

People are overreacting a bit. We had 25 shots. We probably should have scored 3. It was insipid at times but we’ll be fine.

We keep saying that. But the truth is we've been sh1te since October.

Mowbray wasn’t here in October. Our XG was higher than theirs today. I know that doesn’t get us any points but it’s an indicator. People need to be a bit more patient.

We're running out of time though. And I fear that Mowbray, though not as bad as Rooney, may be making some of the same mistakes as Rooney in not understanding what the strengths of the players are but trying to get them to play a way that doesn't suit them.

Mowbray will be fine and so will blues. Rooney was preaching possession football and ending up with 40% possession. I don’t see the two as comparable.

The obsession with possession is the real problem. The owners and the fans. No good on it's own.

I think the data over the last 15 years in the championship is extremely clear and (respectfully) I disagree with you.

We’ve played a low block for 11 years now and it’s been abject. We have to evolve as a club. That will take time.

You are falling for the illusion. The reason we have struggled is not because we have played that way it's because we haven't had the players to play a different way. The teams with the best players get promoted. They just happen to keep possession better. They don't get promoted because the play a possession based game in itself.

And anyway, you don't have to play a low block or possession. There are other ways to play and other ways to get the best out of what you do have. Monk proved that with us.
Fat Buddha CBE
It was a hugely dispiriting performance tonight and on this occasion the stars have lied…we never really looked like scoring. Maybe I’ve been in a sad and despondent mood all night but at no time during that game was I on the edge of my seat, filled with anticipation.

On the whole I’m with Raj though, if the data says possession and goal attempts are more effective long term than parking the fecking bus, we are moving in the right direction.

Most of the player’s are annoying bastards. No getting away from that.

You’re pretty spot on mate.

I literally have no allegiance to any of these players,
If TM wanted the lot gone I honestly wouldn’t bat an eyelid I really wouldn’t.
Overrated chancers most of them, we need to see them for what they are.
Bluestaines

You are falling for the illusion. The reason we have struggled is not because we have played that way it's because we haven't had the players to play a different way. The teams with the best players get promoted. They just happen to keep possession better. They don't get promoted because the play a possession based game in itself.

And anyway, you don't have to play a low block or possession. There are other ways to play and other ways to get the best out of what you do have. Monk proved that with us.

I'm not falling for any illusions and I understand the difference between correlation and causality.

Where did we finish in the league under Monk? (I'm not trying to be negative about him, he did a great job).
Fat Buddha CBE
It was a hugely dispiriting performance tonight and on this occasion the stars have lied…we never really looked like scoring. Maybe I’ve been in a sad and despondent mood all night but at no time during that game was I on the edge of my seat, filled with anticipation.

On the whole I’m with Raj though, if the data says possession and goal attempts are more effective long term than parking the fecking bus, we are moving in the right direction.

Most of the player’s are annoying bastards. No getting away from that.

We're moving in the wrong direction. Downwards. You have to have the players to play a possession based game. We should wait until we have those players before we try. This season our results were better when we didn't play that way.
Simply piss poor. Pathetic team performance. Useless tactically. They looked third rate compared to Wednesday. Need a miracle to turn this around and it's not going to happen. Next season we'll be playing Wigan. Support was shit too.
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Bluestaines

I'm not falling for any illusions and I understand the difference between correlation and causality.

Where did we finish in the league under Monk? (I'm not trying to be negative about him, he did a great job).

Higher than we are now. We were never going to do any better than that with those players. But we can do better than we are now with these players if we accept that they can't keep possession. I'm not saying they can win us the league. But we ain't going anywhere until we get better players. We will just lose more games than we need to if we try and play a style we are not capable of.

Do you really think any of the players we have put out in the last 11 years could have played a possession based game and won more games than they did anyway? If so that would be delusional.
Bluestaines
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Bluestaines

Higher than we are now. We were never going to do any better than that with those players. But we can do better than we are now with these players if we accept that they can't keep possession. I'm not saying they can win us the league. But we ain't going anywhere until we get better players. We will just lose more games than we need to if we try and play a style we are not capable of.

Do you really think any of the players we have put out in the last 11 years could have played a possession based game and won more games than they did anyway? If so that would be delusional.

Yes.

Because the counterfactual is that all of the managers over the last 11 years completely maximised what they got out of the squad. And the corollary of that would be that Zola, Cotterill and others did a first class job.

So obviously the answer to your question has to be yes.
23:22, Fri 9 Feb
Blues always lose games like this. Televised battle against fellow strugglers with most fans predicting 2 or 3 nil win.
We're Birmingham City, things don't and haven't panned out like that since day dot.
The path taken to survival doesn't included taking points from games like this, nope, the points come from places nobody really thought they would come from. That's just the way it's always been, probably always will be.
The future is bright, we're gonna be ok.
23:23, Fri 9 Feb
Royal Blue
Blues always lose games like this. Televised battle against fellow strugglers with most fans predicting 2 or 3 nil win.
We're Birmingham City, things don't and haven't panned out like that since day dot.
The path taken to survival doesn't included taking points from games like this, nope, the points come from places nobody really thought they would come from. That's just the way it's always been, probably always will be.
The future is bright, we're gonna be ok.

I will have what he is drinking