22:19, Fri 9 Feb
Miguelagenn
That was truly awful, god only knows where we go from here.

Down the shitter.
22:20, Fri 9 Feb
Super Hans
4CELL
I keep seeing people so confident that we won’t get relegated,
I seriously am worried that we could go down.

We’ve had the same said season after season.

It will come and bite us eventually, we can't keep flirting with it
KingCostly
4CELL
I keep seeing people so confident that we won’t get relegated,
I seriously am worried that we could go down.

If we don't get at least one win from the next two home games, we will be in real trouble.

We likely won't get anything from the next three of Ipswich, Southampton and Hull.

Tonight is probably the worst result for many a year. Absolutely shocking and dispiriting for all the fans. We deserve better from this awful group of players. We are massively in danger of going down and to hear some pundits say we are the worst team in the EFL is not surprising
Just a perfect day. Drink sangria in the park And then later, when it gets dark...We go home
I really thought we had a gem in Buchanan but my god he was dreadfully weak for their second and partially to blame for the first. His form is garbage.

Not at all keen on Belik out of position at centre half when we have Roberts available. We will need to be back to an axis of Belik and Sunjic again then which is effective and depressing in equal measure.

Stansfield starts every minute now and Hogan must be binned away with Burke.
We had to win that, whether anyone wants to believe it or not. QPR beat Norwich and our wilting flowers will wilt even further.

Dembele and Bacuna as bad as I have seen them. Too busy frigging about with the ball, it allowed Sheff Wed to get back into shape. I would argue our wing play is as bad as its ever been, but there's not height in the box to aim for so why bother crossing it anyway? Neither Stansfield or Hogan is known for their height.

We're far too easy to play against and Sheff Wed did nothing special to beat us, it was elementary football.

Paik with a decent shot and a decent passing range, and Tyler Roberts putting himself about a bit, the only bright spot tonight.
'I truly believe that at some point during his Pompey tenure, Cotterill stated into the abyss and was met, after a time, with the gentlest of breezes and carried upon that breeze was a tiny, sweet voice, whispering "Everyone knows you're a ****". Over and over and over.' - The Secret Footballer, on Steve Cotterill.
22:21, Fri 9 Feb
Scoot Mcgoot
TaylorJay84
Sleep walking atm right into the bottom 3 tippy tappy football or not.
Tonight’s been a real eye opener for me about some of these players.
Throughly disappointed.
Yeh as good as we think the likes of Bacuna are they actually are average and we won’t get anywhere until they are replaced with better players.

That is bang on.

As a fan base we regularly build up players and they quickly earn a reputation they don't deserve.

Currently that would include Buchanan, Bacuna, Dembele and James.

Some have a lot to prove between now and the end of the season.
Miguelagenn
m

People are overreacting a bit. We had 25 shots. We probably should have scored 3. It was insipid at times but we’ll be fine.
Tam
22:22, Fri 9 Feb
GBBlue
I really thought we had a gem in Buchanan but my god he was dreadfully weak for their second and partially to blame for the first. His form is garbage.

Not at all keen on Belik out of position at centre half when we have Roberts available. We will need to be back to an axis of Belik and Sunjic again then which is effective and depressing in equal measure.

Stansfield starts every minute now and Hogan must be binned away with Burke.

Their second was an all round display of poor defending, from right to left. For their first goal, I thought that it was Bielik giving their boy too much space - he didn't look like a comfortable centre half at that moment.
Make Blues Great Again
22:23, Fri 9 Feb
Tam
Clinton has put Troy’s shirt on
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Miguelagenn
m

People are overreacting a bit. We had 25 shots. We probably should have scored 3. It was insipid at times but we’ll be fine.

The defending is very poor though, I'm really not convinced this Bielek idea is going to work.

Lots of shots but very few clear cut chances.

Truth is in the middle, it was poor with nice flashes. Not enough bottle- cliche alert but demonstrable.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Miguelagenn
m

We keep saying that. But the truth is we've been sh1te since October.
Bluestaines
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Miguelagenn
m

Mowbray wasn’t here in October. Our XG was higher than theirs today. I know that doesn’t get us any points but it’s an indicator. People need to be a bit more patient.
Paik should start now in place of dozzell, Pritchard in for Sunjic, Miyoshi in for Bacuna, drop James into Sunjic position, Pritchard in the AMF, Stansfield has to start over Hogan. Dunno what’s happened to Buchanan aswell he’s form has been poor. Need a lot of new players in the summer, hopefully we are still in the championship, I think we will be but if we dont win Tuesday I feel we are are seriously getting dragged into the mix. Tonight was a terrible result.
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Bluestaines
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Miguelagenn
m

Mowbray wasn’t here in October. Our XG was higher than theirs today. I know that doesn’t get us any points but it’s an indicator. People need to be a bit more patient.

We're running out of time though. And I fear that Mowbray, though not as bad as Rooney, may be making some of the same mistakes as Rooney in not understanding what the strengths of the players are but trying to get them to play a way that doesn't suit them.
Nikola Zigic
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Miguelagenn
m

The defending is very poor though, I'm really not convinced this Bielek idea is going to work.

Lots of shots but very few clear cut chances.

Truth is in the middle, it was poor with nice flashes. Not enough bottle- cliche alert but demonstrable.

I don’t think it was anything to do with bottle. Respectfully that’s a lazy cliche. The issue is that we’re taking players that have never had 65% possession before and asking them to break down a team with 10 men behind the ball and they struggled a little. That happens. What pleased me was that even in injury time they kept passing the ball.

If people want a possession based team (I really do) then we’re going to have to be a bit patient.