22:30, Fri 9 Feb
1st goal, Dozzell gets done and no one picked up their striker
2nd goal, Laird goes wandering leaving the right side free, centre halves move over and then it's Buchanan against their striker at the back post

very avoidable goals, Dozzell & Laird mainly at fault

at the other end, James/Hogan/Dembele/Bacuna did nothing, all losing the ball constantly (Bacuna worst offender)

Predictable SHA response: "Sunjic is terrible" (he was bad - like everyone else)

The whole team should hang their heads in shame today, you can talk about more possession and chances, but that was a terrible performance. That includes the staff and the team selection.
22:30, Fri 9 Feb
We looked soft as shit in defence any time Sheff wed attacked which is very concerning.
Bluestaines
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Bluestaines
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Miguelagenn
That was truly awful, god only knows where we go from here.
m

People are overreacting a bit. We had 25 shots. We probably should have scored 3. It was insipid at times but we’ll be fine.

We keep saying that. But the truth is we've been sh1te since October.

Mowbray wasn’t here in October. Our XG was higher than theirs today. I know that doesn’t get us any points but it’s an indicator. People need to be a bit more patient.

We're running out of time though. And I fear that Mowbray, though not as bad as Rooney, may be making some of the same mistakes as Rooney in not understanding what the strengths of the players are but trying to get them to play a way that doesn't suit them.

Mowbray will be fine and so will blues. Rooney was preaching possession football and ending up with 40% possession. I don’t see the two as comparable.
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Bluestaines
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Bluestaines
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Miguelagenn
m

People are overreacting a bit. We had 25 shots. We probably should have scored 3. It was insipid at times but we’ll be fine.

Mowbray wasn’t here in October. Our XG was higher than theirs today. I know that doesn’t get us any points but it’s an indicator. People need to be a bit more patient.

We're running out of time though. And I fear that Mowbray, though not as bad as Rooney, may be making some of the same mistakes as Rooney in not understanding what the strengths of the players are but trying to get them to play a way that doesn't suit them.

Mowbray will be fine and so will blues. Rooney was preaching possession football and ending up with 40% possession. I don’t see the two as comparable.

The obsession with possession is the real problem. The owners and the fans. No good on it's own.
Tam
22:34, Fri 9 Feb
Bluestaines
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Bluestaines
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Bluestaines
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Miguelagenn
m

The obsession with possession is the real problem. The owners and the fans. No good on it's own.

But we're getting shots in as well, to be fair. I can remember games where we maybe had one or two shots all bloody game. The slight downside is that the shots are pitiful, of course.
Make Blues Great Again
Bluestaines
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Bluestaines
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Bluestaines
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Miguelagenn
m

I think the data over the last 15 years in the championship is extremely clear and (respectfully) I disagree with you.

We’ve played a low block for 11 years now and it’s been abject. We have to evolve as a club. That will take time.
22:35, Fri 9 Feb
I admire your positivity mate, most after tonight including myself, do not think anythings positive.
22:36, Fri 9 Feb
Tam
Tam
Bluestaines
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Bluestaines
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Bluestaines
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Miguelagenn
m

But we're getting shots in as well, to be fair. I can remember games where we maybe had one or two shots all bloody game. The slight downside is that the shots are pitiful, of course.

All long range and not dangerous at all. Because with possession we aren't incisive enough. Not clever enough. We have pace which is only effective when we use it on the break.
22:36, Fri 9 Feb
Tam
Tam
Bluestaines
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Bluestaines
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Bluestaines
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Miguelagenn
m

Exactly. If we keep having 20+ shots a game the goals will come. XG is a really useful proxy and it says we were the better side tonight.
22:39, Fri 9 Feb
No shots on target between the 28th minute to the 95th minute.

People carry on like we had 20+ shots on target or off the woodwork.
There keeper literally made two pretty basic on target saves all game.

Dress it up how you want it was a pathetic display.
22:40, Fri 9 Feb
TaylorJay84
Haircut1000
Got a bad feeling in my waters.

Antibiotics mate!

We got this 💪

🙄🙄🙄
22:40, Fri 9 Feb
Haircut1000
TaylorJay84
Haircut1000
Got a bad feeling in my waters.

Antibiotics mate!

We got this 💪

🙄🙄🙄

Sorry mate naive optimism.
Should know by now really should I.
Tam
22:41, Fri 9 Feb
TaylorJay84
No shots on target between the 28th minute to the 95th minute.

People carry on like we had 20+ shots on target or off the woodwork.
There keeper literally made two pretty basic on target saves all game.

Dress it up how you want it was a pathetic display.

No, I think that everybody realises that the shots, in general, were pretty uninspiring.
Make Blues Great Again
I think the data over the last 15 years in the championship is extremely clear and (respectfully) I disagree with you.

We’ve played a low block for 11 years now and it’s been abject. We have to evolve as a club. That will take time.

...yeah this 😤
It was a hugely dispiriting performance tonight and on this occasion the stars have lied…we never really looked like scoring. Maybe I’ve been in a sad and despondent mood all night but at no time during that game was I on the edge of my seat, filled with anticipation.

On the whole I’m with Raj though, if the data says possession and goal attempts are more effective long term than parking the fecking bus, we are moving in the right direction.

Most of the player’s are annoying bastards. No getting away from that.