20:45, Sat 11 Nov
newblue
Too open down the flank I’d say. That can be remedied. I don’t agree the players are dispirited and confused. I don’t agree there isn’t any idea of how we want to play. We had one or two alarming moments playing out from the back today (less than Sunderland I’d say), but more losing the ball carelessly in midfield.

Ruddy distributed pretty well today (apart from a couple of times under pressure), playing out from the back doesn’t mean you don’t transfer the ball quickly forwards when the opportunity presents itself. We did that pretty well but it broke down up front when there was a chance to do better.

We will have to agree to disagree then. The players are confused and dispirited imo. You can see it on their faces. Too many new coaches. They clearly aren't being well communicated to. I cannot see a pattern of play.All Rooney has done is change the system to something the players are clearly less sure how to play. And to deal with the problem down the flanks you either need much better full backs or to change the system. I'm not sure Rooney is flexible enough.
20:47, Sat 11 Nov
BlueJersey
I would be in the delighted to have him sacked camp. I get he has only had 5 games but this appointment was never going to work and only Garry Cook thought otherwise.

There are enough decent managerial options out there who could do a decent job with the players we have and play decent successful football.

Well said. I can't understand why more people can't see this. It's just blind wishful thinking I reckon. This could be different but will take a while and needs to change slowly.
BlueSteve
Iain_Gavin
GBBlue
Iain_Gavin
GBBlue
StechyBlue
Did Rowett just have a pop at Rooney he said doesn’t matter about talking about style of play if you can’t get the basics right! 😂

Hes right. We've forgotten how to pass. Give it away so easy. Cant defend. Look clueless in attack. And pretty much any identity has gone.

Reminder we were unbeaten at home until the change. We had identity. It was called 'hard to beat'. People wanted to take their kids to the games again...incl me.

Now everyone who plays us has their eye on 3 points.

Fans are pissed off lots of frustration. I will think very carefully before taking him now. Can see it getting nasty.

Reminder under St Eustace we had only won 1 away game.

When do you think we will get the first away win under Rooney?

I don’t think Eustace was right in the the long term, I don’t think Rooney was right appointment but I maintain the main problem is the players. Both the poor recruitment and their individual performances.

The recruitment had been universally praised this summer - the only gripe was not getting the out and out pacy goalscorer that we couldnt afford anyway

Players who were outstanding under Eustace - Long, Bielik, Dembele - are now out of favour and others like Longelo and Sanderson look lost and clueless
Longelo, Bielik and Dembele were really good under JE.
Let’s not rewrite history on Longelo please
Tony Fantastico
21:11, Sat 11 Nov
Bluestaines
newblue
Too open down the flank I’d say. That can be remedied. I don’t agree the players are dispirited and confused. I don’t agree there isn’t any idea of how we want to play. We had one or two alarming moments playing out from the back today (less than Sunderland I’d say), but more losing the ball carelessly in midfield.

Ruddy distributed pretty well today (apart from a couple of times under pressure), playing out from the back doesn’t mean you don’t transfer the ball quickly forwards when the opportunity presents itself. We did that pretty well but it broke down up front when there was a chance to do better.

We will have to agree to disagree then. The players are confused and dispirited imo. You can see it on their faces. Too many new coaches. They clearly aren't being well communicated to. I cannot see a pattern of play.All Rooney has done is change the system to something the players are clearly less sure how to play. And to deal with the problem down the flanks you either need much better full backs or to change the system. I'm not sure Rooney is flexible enough.

I really think that is strange, you can ‘see it on their faces’? That’s nonsense in my opinion.
21:14, Sat 11 Nov
I think he's got a point. They look a bit demoralised to me.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
21:14, Sat 11 Nov
You are entitled to your opinion
21:16, Sat 11 Nov
When? I hope they do after the game. Weren’t demoralised at half time today or last week, I think that’s based on nothing.
21:17, Sat 11 Nov
BlueJersey
newblue
Only I person in the world thought it might work? Right.

Go on then.. what about Rooney's previous managerial role and acumen do you think got him the job?

I know football is very nepotistic but at least managers are generally hired with at least some pedigree.
Why did we appoint Eustace?
Tony Fantastico
21:18, Sat 11 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
BlueJersey
newblue

Go on then.. what about Rooney's previous managerial role and acumen do you think got him the job?

I know football is very nepotistic but at least managers are generally hired with at least some pedigree.

Two wrongs don't make a right.
21:21, Sat 11 Nov
Wayne Effing Rooney
It’s football forum bingo talk. No mention of this last week.
Mowbray is just an ace manager
Tony Fantastico
21:21, Sat 11 Nov
Bluestaines
Rab C Nesbitt
BlueJersey
newblue

So Eustace was a mistake. Bold opinion on here.
Tony Fantastico
21:24, Sat 11 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
Wayne Effing Rooney

No it isn't.
21:24, Sat 11 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
Wayne Effing Rooney

Tbf I said the same thing after the Hull game...
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
21:25, Sat 11 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
Bluestaines
Rab C Nesbitt
BlueJersey
newblue

So Eustace was a mistake. Bold opinion on here.

I was never a fan of Eustace. But I'm even less of a fan of Rooney.
21:26, Sat 11 Nov
Bluestaines
Rab C Nesbitt
Wayne Effing Rooney

No it isn't.
Type sense
Tony Fantastico