17:36, Sun 12 Nov
We hit as many long balls in the last two games as in any under Eustace.
Yorkshireblue
Yes, and Garry Cook too.

Just a shit show all round. Never should have happened.

Get a proper manager in.

Wow.
I despair.
Up the feckin Blues
19:11, Sun 12 Nov
I completely agree with you. Given Rooney's previous managerial experience and record, my expectations were pretty low. The next ten games are going to be key.
19:20, Sun 12 Nov
Bluestaines

Yep this is what’s really souring me on Rooney, we’ve been told that we want to play more football as that’s the way to get promoted yet after 2 games he totally abandoned that and is now playing a more shite version of Eustace ball.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
19:22, Sun 12 Nov
Not really
19:27, Sun 12 Nov
Not really to what?

He tried to play sexy passing football in the first 2 games and then stuck Juke up front in his 3rd game so that style was abandoned in favour of going long.

Then against Ipswich and Sunderland he’s gone for a high press like we saw Eustace implement, without the defensive solidity we had under him hence it being a shite version of Eustace ball.
19:39, Sun 12 Nov
We certainly didn’t play the Eustace style yesterday. Under Eustace we played ‘low block’ and counter attacking (without much attacking). It’s pretty different. There are long balls for sure but it isn’t the outball of choice.

I know you don’t like the bloke/think he’s an idiot, whatever. But it isn’t the same style even with the change from the first game. Whether it’s going to be effective is another matter.
Tam
19:42, Sun 12 Nov
It might be just me, but I enjoyed watching some of the football under Eustace this season. I thought that we were on the right track. In fairness, I enjoyed the first half against Ipswich too, and could see what the intention was. Unfortunately, it wasn't sustainable, obviously.
Make Blues Great Again
19:45, Sun 12 Nov
Journey on with F F P how much do you think we have to spend 7 and a tanner?
19:57, Sun 12 Nov
Bluestaines

We played less long balls than Sunderland did on Saturday. 44 to their 59. In comparison to Eustace's last two games, we played 65 long balls against Baggies and 81 against Huddersfield.
20:05, Sun 12 Nov
Bluestaines

We played less long balls than Sunderland did on Saturday. 44 to their 59. In comparison to Eustace's last two games, we played 65 long balls against Baggies and 81 against Huddersfield.

Good stat .... that damned Eustace with his "winning actuality" as opposed to our new "winning mentality"

We need to have faith in Rooney
20:06, Sun 12 Nov
🙄
20:12, Sun 12 Nov
newblue
We certainly didn’t play the Eustace style yesterday. Under Eustace we played ‘low block’ and counter attacking (without much attacking). It’s pretty different. There are long balls for sure but it isn’t the outball of choice.

I know you don’t like the bloke/think he’s an idiot, whatever. But it isn’t the same style even with the change from the first game. Whether it’s going to be effective is another matter.

Rooney? I’ve never put an opinion on here thinking he’s an idiot or that I don’t like him.

For my money he’s abandoned his style of play after 2 games and since then we’ve played multiple different styles. Juke up front long balls against Southampton, a tenacious press against Ipswich that was incredibly effective but not sustainable and then a not as good press against Sunderland, akin to some of the crap away days under Eustace.

We’re 5 games in and I couldn’t tell you what Rooney’s style of play is apart from an incredibly frustrating insistence that the full backs play narrow.
20:15, Sun 12 Nov
newblue

Rooney? I’ve never put an opinion on here thinking he’s an idiot or that I don’t like him.

For my money he’s abandoned his style of play after 2 games and since then we’ve played multiple different styles. Juke up front long balls against Southampton, a tenacious press against Ipswich that was incredibly effective but not sustainable and then a not as good press against Sunderland, akin to some of the crap away days under Eustace.

We’re 5 games in and I couldn’t tell you what Rooney’s style of play is apart from an incredibly frustrating insistence that the full backs play narrow.

It would seem to be somewhat puzzling that i am so on board with having "faith" in Rooney if he doesn't seem to have faith in his own ideas --- so you must, obviously, be mistaken
20:49, Sun 12 Nov
TrickyBlue
Bluestaines

Do you have a link for these stats please or are they behind a paywall? I wonder what measure they are using to define a 'long ball' and I wonder how many total passes were carried out by us in these matches in ratio to the amount of them which were long balls?