16:31, Sat 11 Nov
He looks and sounds like he doesn't want to be here and if the truth be known the players think it too, his coaching skills aren't rubbing off on them but the surly attitude is.
16:35, Sat 11 Nov
Wowden
If he really thought that the defending was excellent in that game I for one have no doubt that left alone he will relegate us.

He is doing what a good manager should, and protecting his players. If he’d said what he really thought, I’d be criticising him.

It’s how he addresses their poor performance today that matters.
Ribeye
No. Things aren't going to change overnight, it takes time implement a change in style. Unless we look dead and buried he should be given until the end of the season.

But what if he's lost the players, it won't matter what he tries to implement. He can't be that far away from losing then now can he? That's my main worry

'Upsetting the camp' is one thing that i don't the owners took into consideration when making the new appmt part way through a season
16:40, Sat 11 Nov
Wowden
If he really thought that the defending was excellent in that game I for one have no doubt that left alone he will relegate us.

He is doing what a good manager should, and protecting his players. If he’d said what he really thought, I’d be criticising him.

but but but but ...... The Rooney groupies were telling us that John Eustace was wrong not to criticise players in public.

I hope Rooney does well, but i'm not going to be a hypocrite and talk bollocks just for the sake of it
16:43, Sat 11 Nov
Seriously though, other than being Garry Cook’s chum, Rooney had no credentials, record or Management success to warrant giving him the job. GC is reaping what he sowed

I’d love to hear exactly what TW makes of the situation

We need a club statement / update in advance of the Sheff Weds game, which will be toxic if we lose.
16:43, Sat 11 Nov
Ribeye
No. Things aren't going to change overnight, it takes time implement a change in style. Unless we look dead and buried he should be given until the end of the season.

But what if he's lost the players, it won't matter what he tries to implement. He can't be that far away from losing then now can he? That's my main worry

'Upsetting the camp' is one thing that i don't the owners took into consideration when making the new appmt part way through a season

"'Upsetting the camp' is one thing that i don't the owners took into consideration when making the new appmt part way through a season"

Some might say, but not me, that there was more than just the one thing they didn't take into consideration .... trivial things though, such as managerial record, managerial ability
16:44, Sat 11 Nov
johnthefence
Seriously though, other than being Garry Cook’s chum, Rooney had no credentials, record or Management success to warrant giving him the job. GC is reaping what he sowed

We need a club statement / update in advance of the Sheff Weds game, which will be toxic if we lose.

Saying what?
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
I hate the whole “lost the dressing room” stuff. The manager should be above the players, it should be his way or they know where the door is. I know it’s not that simple and it does happen but it annoys me how much power players have these days.
16:45, Sat 11 Nov
Rags
Wowden

but but but but ...... The Rooney groupies were telling us that John Eustace was wrong not to criticise players in public.

I hope Rooney does well, but i'm not going to be a hypocrite and talk bollocks just for the sake of it
I do not think we will sack him, he will walk, we have already made him look 10 years older, joking aside, gary cook applied too much pressure on him from the off, what did he expect from this team, free flowing, attacking football? Never was going to happen with this bunch of players, I see we are back in our regular 17th position, the future is bright we may achieve 16th this season
I'm really torn - I don't rate Rooney, didn't want him and see no evidence at all that it will work.

OTOH It would make a farce even more farcical - you can't seriously judge him after 5 games.

On balance, I would give him at least until after Xmas. 10 pts absolutely minimum from next 10 games.
STH on and off since 86. FML.
16:48, Sat 11 Nov
Tom TheProject Brady
Why would Potter come anywhere near Blues?

Why would anyone half decent want to join the world’s biggest underachieving City club and when there is a sniff of potential success the Manager is shown the exit
Just a perfect day. Drink sangria in the park And then later, when it gets dark...We go home
16:48, Sat 11 Nov
I,d go as far to say you could give Rooney another 2 years and nothing will improve, he simply is not a football manager cut out for this level, been here 5 games 1 point, called out players publically, abandoned the style of play implemented in pre season (which was working), he doesn't have the intellect or know how to figure this out.
TrickyBlue
I hate the whole “lost the dressing room” stuff. The manager should be above the players, it should be his way or they know where the door is. I know it’s not that simple and it does happen but it annoys me how much power players have these days.

True, but tables have turned sadly. As Roy keane said "" ive never ever played for a manager; i played for myself, my pride, my family"" or words to that effect
16:52, Sat 11 Nov
gerry1875
Rags
Wowden

I do not think we will sack him, he will walk, we have already made him look 10 years older, joking aside, gary cook applied too much pressure on him from the off, what did he expect from this team, free flowing, attacking football? Never was going to happen with this bunch of players, I see we are back in our regular 17th position, the future is bright we may achieve 16th this season

Yeah, it is almost comforting as the nights grow cold to see us in our traditional 17/18th and a return to the "classic" Sunjic performance.
16:53, Sat 11 Nov
Wayne Effing Rooney
johnthefence

Saying what?

Welcome to the lower Kop seats for a start.

The club are heading in the right direction. The long term future will be bright, early results have been disappointing and we feel your frustration but bear with us, we know things will improve in the future. We’ll be improving the squad in the next two windows.

Or they could just say nothing and let the negativity fester.