12:13, Sun 12 Nov
I’ve stayed off since the game yesterday and what I watched just had me totally down and feeling dispirited after las5 week against Ipswich I thought the team was showing signs of coming to tears with a pattern of play and thought things was coming together as a team but yesterday was back to square 1 and what do you put that down to ? Last week for a hour we was fine playing on the front foot so the players was fine with what they was told to do so why yesterday so bad defensively? The 3rd goal was just laughable sunjic well that’s not rooneys fault he just let the player take the ball off him so easily that’s the player , Aiwu trying to head a ball for the 2 nd goal from the corner isn’t rooneys fault ,but watching the players it’s like a don5 care attitude once they conceded and that’s the concerning thing to me it’s back to the days if as soon as we go 1 down the team have that attitude of ah well that’s it then which in away games under eustace was the same ..but under Rooney we are way to open down the flanks Robert’s and Clarke had the run of the full backs and up if Rooney can’t see that he shouldn’t be a manger all 5 games we have been the Same and op we have Ashley Cole as a assistant what’s he doing !
12:29, Sun 12 Nov
I will be delighted if he proves me wrong. Cook has no option but to stick with him for a while anyway.

We will never know whether Eustace would have done the same, better or worse in the last 5 games. The odds favour better though.
13:12, Sun 12 Nov
Rooney is taking us nowhere, and I don’t think eustace would have got us anywhere other than mid table either.

The Sheffield and Rotherham games are crucial. We need to win them, for me even a draw is no good in those games. Like others said yesterday, we lose to Wednesday and I think the majority will turn and want him out (whether that’s right or wrong would be immaterial at that point)
13:22, Sun 12 Nov
Bluenoses have got so used to complaining cos of the way the club has been run and by who, they won't give anyone a chance. Hopefully the new management are not as fickle as the fans !
13:22, Sun 12 Nov
BlueSA
I don't like calling for early change. I posted on here after 6 games of Lee Clark that we needed to get rid. This feels similar.

I did not want Rooney to start with but was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. I have seen nothing to suggest his coaching team and him are making progress with this squad in any of the areas that matter.

He was a great footballer but does not seem cut out to be a manager/head coach.

5 games is hardly giving the benefit of doubt. It was a tough run of games for anyone to start with. I doubt golden boy Eustace would have done any better, maybe an extra point from somewhere. It'll be this time next year before we reap the rewards of the change in style and mentality, that's if he's still here.

But we were sold "winning mentality" - and so far we haven't had it, and so it is right to question

More importantly, if Rooney is a better manager than Eustace then why do we need to see a load of new players brought in to see any improvement ?

I absolutely support Rooney and hope he's a success - because if Rooney is a success it means Blues will be winning ... but i still think, on the evidence i've seen so far, that given equal resources then John Eustace is a better manager than Wayne Rooney
Tam
13:34, Sun 12 Nov
Rags
BlueSA
I don't like calling for early change. I posted on here after 6 games of Lee Clark that we needed to get rid. This feels similar.

I did not want Rooney to start with but was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. I have seen nothing to suggest his coaching team and him are making progress with this squad in any of the areas that matter.

5 games is hardly giving the benefit of doubt. It was a tough run of games for anyone to start with. I doubt golden boy Eustace would have done any better, maybe an extra point from somewhere. It'll be this time next year before we reap the rewards of the change in style and mentality, that's if he's still here.

But we were sold "winning mentality" - and so far we haven't had it, and so it is right to question

More importantly, if Rooney is a better manager than Eustace then why do we need to see a load of new players brought in to see any improvement ?

I absolutely support Rooney and hope he's a success - because if Rooney is a success it means Blues will be winning ... but i still think, on the evidence i've seen so far, that given equal resources then John Eustace is a better manager than Wayne Rooney

I'm not sure what the point of the 'golden boy' jibe is in the earlier quoted post. No-one was claiming that we were going to storm the league, but we were doing OK and (IMO) going in the right direction steadily and by means of evolution, as opposed to revolution. I agree that it was a run of tough games, but the advantage that we would have had is a squad that was more settled, with a degree of confidence, and knowing it's job collectively and individually.

OK - that's history now, but I think that most of the last five games have been pretty disastrous, with the exception of a very good first half against Ipswich. The owners/CEO may really want to keep Rooney and stand by their man, as it were, and that's a laudable sentiment, but I do wonder, if a couple of good results aren't picked up right away, whether or not fan unrest will make the position untenable. It was disappointing to see him start off as an unwelcome appointment - particularly at the reception during and after the Hull game - and I don't think that the goodwill is there that's necessary for a poor run of results to be accepted.
Make Blues Great Again
13:39, Sun 12 Nov
Tam
Spot on 👍
13:50, Sun 12 Nov
Bluenose27
Rooney is taking us nowhere, and I don’t think eustace would have got us anywhere other than mid table either.

The Sheffield and Rotherham games are crucial. We need to win them, for me even a draw is no good in those games. Like others said yesterday, we lose to Wednesday and I think the majority will turn and want him out (whether that’s right or wrong would be immaterial at that point)

There's more to it than simply winning for me. I agree it's very important that we start to pick up some results otherwise there is going to be no way back for Rooney but if we revert to hoofball in search of points, I'm out whatever the result.

I'm accepting of the dodgy performances and bad results because we're trying to make a fundamental change in style. That won't happen over night so I'm willing to give it time. If we give up immediately and follow the Zola template, there is no point in Rooney being here, there was no point in creating division amongst the fans and there was no point in sacrificing the previous 5 games.

We've made the decision now so we have to have the balls to see it through. I don't know if this will work in the long term or not but I'd lose all respect if after 5 games, they give up. It would be a huge show of fear rendering everything Cook said absolute bollocks.
13:56, Sun 12 Nov
He isn't a better manager than Eustace, he's a bigger name.
14:51, Sun 12 Nov
I think his biggest problem is the defence going from looking solid under eustace, to Sunday league level under Rooney. Until he sorts that, we’re going nowhere but down the table, as we’re not prolific enough going forward to make up for us being crap defensively.
Petebaldwin
Bluenose27

There's more to it than simply winning for me. I agree it's very important that we start to pick up some results otherwise there is going to be no way back for Rooney but if we revert to hoofball in search of points, I'm out whatever the result.

I'm accepting of the dodgy performances and bad results because we're trying to make a fundamental change in style. That won't happen over night so I'm willing to give it time. If we give up immediately and follow the Zola template, there is no point in Rooney being here, there was no point in creating division amongst the fans and there was no point in sacrificing the previous 5 games.

We've made the decision now so we have to have the balls to see it through. I don't know if this will work in the long term or not but I'd lose all respect if after 5 games, they give up. It would be a huge show of fear rendering everything Cook said absolute bollocks.

Agree, but.....the problem is that even if we the fans go with the plan and give it time the players may not?. Once he has lost them it doesn't matter what we do or think.

Hopefully the dressing room isn't slipping away.
16:18, Sun 12 Nov
Rags
BlueSA

But we were sold "winning mentality" - and so far we haven't had it, and so it is right to question. after 5 games? Things won't change in such a short period, anyone who thinks it will is deluded

More importantly, if Rooney is a better manager than Eustace then why do we need to see a load of new players brought in to see any improvement ? Because the players here can't play the way Rooney wants to

17:20, Sun 12 Nov
Bluenose27
Spot on 👍

Seconded
17:28, Sun 12 Nov
Petebaldwin
Bluenose27

It never was about about changing the fundamental style.

We didn't particularly play long ball under Eustace (not always great but not 442esque)

We should not ever be prepared to sacrifice games. A good manager could change things without the need.

It's hardly surprising people aren't patient - we weren't THAT bad that a change was needed.
17:33, Sun 12 Nov
Yeah I think even if we won the next two, if we revert to hoofball for it he will lose me. I wanna see progress