16:53, Sat 11 Nov
Spot on
16:54, Sat 11 Nov
gerry1875
Rags
Wowden
If he really thought that the defending was excellent in that game I for one have no doubt that left alone he will relegate us.

He is doing what a good manager should, and protecting his players. If he’d said what he really thought, I’d be criticising him.

It’s how he addresses their poor performance today that matters.

but but but but ...... The Rooney groupies were telling us that John Eustace was wrong not to criticise players in public.

I hope Rooney does well, but i'm not going to be a hypocrite and talk bollocks just for the sake of it
I do not think we will sack him, he will walk, we have already made him look 10 years older, joking aside, gary cook applied too much pressure on him from the off, what did he expect from this team, free flowing, attacking football? Never was going to happen with this bunch of players, I see we are back in our regular 17th position, the future is bright we may achieve 16th this season

Yeah, it is almost comforting as the nights grow cold to see us in our traditional 17/18th and a return to the "classic" Sunjic performance.

Yes, it was quite nostalgic wasn't it at the end of the game ? ..... Sunjic, Gardner, Juke Hogan
16:55, Sat 11 Nov
I sort of agree but I don't know if publicly saying you're replacing half the team is a good idea.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
16:55, Sat 11 Nov
Yanks and football. Oil and water.
Shrek...
Yanks and football. Oil and water.

Take your point...but Liverpool?😉
16:56, Sat 11 Nov
Wayne Effing Rooney
johnthefence
Seriously though, other than being Garry Cook’s chum, Rooney had no credentials, record or Management success to warrant giving him the job. GC is reaping what he sowed

I’d love to hear exactly what TW makes of the situation

We need a club statement / update in advance of the Sheff Weds game, which will be toxic if we lose.

Saying what?

Welcome to the lower Kop seats for a start.

The club are heading in the right direction. The long term future will be bright, early results have been disappointing and we feel your frustration but bear with us, we know things will improve in the future. We’ll be improving the squad in the next two windows.

Or they could just say nothing and let the negativity fester.

"We’ll be improving the squad in the next two windows."

but but but .... Rooney is a MUCH better manager than Eustace, So why isn't Rooney getting a better result from similar resources ?
17:00, Sat 11 Nov
Rags
gerry1875
Rags
Wowden
If he really thought that the defending was excellent in that game I for one have no doubt that left alone he will relegate us.

He is doing what a good manager should, and protecting his players. If he’d said what he really thought, I’d be criticising him.

It’s how he addresses their poor performance today that matters.

but but but but ...... The Rooney groupies were telling us that John Eustace was wrong not to criticise players in public.

I hope Rooney does well, but i'm not going to be a hypocrite and talk bollocks just for the sake of it
I do not think we will sack him, he will walk, we have already made him look 10 years older, joking aside, gary cook applied too much pressure on him from the off, what did he expect from this team, free flowing, attacking football? Never was going to happen with this bunch of players, I see we are back in our regular 17th position, the future is bright we may achieve 16th this season

Yeah, it is almost comforting as the nights grow cold to see us in our traditional 17/18th and a return to the "classic" Sunjic performance.

Yes, it was quite nostalgic wasn't it at the end of the game ? ..... Sunjic, Gardner, Juke Hogan

Ha, yeah. Couple of games ago Sanderson was down for a bit and had he been subbed, it would have been Roberts plus those four. Happy days, eh...
Jameron Cerome
Yorkshireblue
Is it 1 point out of 15 now?

Graham Potter is the man.

Didn't realise Northerners had humour!

They haven't. We call it wind.
Up the feckin Blues
17:26, Sat 11 Nov
Wayne Effing Rooney
How many games do we think he's got?

Probably more than he deserves
17:28, Sat 11 Nov
bruggeaway
Because they're not protected anymore by the partnership of Beilik and Sunjic as Rooney has been told he's not allowed to play that way....whoever comes in will be told they must try and play the attacking style that the Americans crave

Unfortunately I just don't think we have the quality of players to play in such a way plus it's very hard to play like that in the Championship anyway

This is true. Though I'm not sure that was the real reason for appointing Rooney. I think it was for the "name" and because of Cooks connection with him.
17:30, Sat 11 Nov
Bluestaines
bruggeaway
Because they're not protected anymore by the partnership of Beilik and Sunjic as Rooney has been told he's not allowed to play that way....whoever comes in will be told they must try and play the attacking style that the Americans crave

Unfortunately I just don't think we have the quality of players to play in such a way plus it's very hard to play like that in the Championship anyway

This is true. Though I'm not sure that was the real reason for appointing Rooney. I think it was for the "name" and because of Cooks connection with him.

He wants to play a high press and on the front foot, and play through the lines. I think we can get lay that way.
17:41, Sat 11 Nov
I like the idea of playing a press but that is the one positive and isn't making up for all the negatives. Too open down the flanks. Discipline at the back lost. Players dispirited and confused. Trying to play out from the back when not capable (although this seems to be less so last two games as Ruddy seems more inclined to go long more often when he needs to tbf).

I don't want to go back to long ball sh1te (not that Eustace particularly played that way) but the balance is all wrong and there doesn't seem to be a credible plan or pattern. That's just down to Rooney and his team not being very good which is what some of us feared. I don't see possession based or fearless football at all. A new manager is supposed to improve things. New manager bounce?

And I don't see this changing much even if we are patient and give him more time. The players are what they are and FFP won't allow us to change that very quickly.

We need a manager who can get the best out of the players and play to their strengths and improve the way the team play over time, not overnight.
17:45, Sat 11 Nov
Sunjic and Bielik's main job was to protect the back 4. Now roles have been changed we are hemorrhaging goals.
17:50, Sat 11 Nov
Too open down the flank I’d say. That can be remedied. I don’t agree the players are dispirited and confused. I don’t agree there isn’t any idea of how we want to play. We had one or two alarming moments playing out from the back today (less than Sunderland I’d say), but more losing the ball carelessly in midfield.

Ruddy distributed pretty well today (apart from a couple of times under pressure), playing out from the back doesn’t mean you don’t transfer the ball quickly forwards when the opportunity presents itself. We did that pretty well but it broke down up front when there was a chance to do better.
18:16, Sat 11 Nov
I would be in the delighted to have him sacked camp. I get he has only had 5 games but this appointment was never going to work and only Garry Cook thought otherwise.

There are enough decent managerial options out there who could do a decent job with the players we have and play decent successful football.