15:32, Sat 11 Nov
If he really thought that the defending was excellent in that game I for one have no doubt that left alone he will relegate us.
15:40, Sat 11 Nov
Just wandering what part of his management career and credentials got him the job.

Think it could have been the bit on his CV that said 'Friend of Garry'.
StechyBlue
Maybe our players simply aren’t very good, aren’t very fit, aren’t very intelligent and don’t care that much?

Maybe they are deliberately consciously or subconsciously playing to get Rooney out because they are loyal to Eustace?

The players are getting away with their share of responsibility

They seemed alright to me when we were 6th / 7th was it?

Battled some good wins... defended for the 90. Bodies on line.

Some good wins.

Yes and some absolutely dire performances as well.

QPR, Watford, Norwich etc;

So many of our fans overrate our players e.g. Colin and Pedersen were supposedly the best full backs in the Championship.

I am not excusing Rooney but neither do I think that the players should escape their share of the blame.
Wowden
If he really thought that the defending was excellent in that game I for one have no doubt that left alone he will relegate us.

Or he is trying to be a spin doctor to protect himself. A sensibe manager would have said " we were poor defensively today but will be working on it"

That aside, the lad definitely needs some media training
15:48, Sat 11 Nov
Pleased, NO, relieved, YES.
I just can't see Rooney turning this around, and if we keep tumbling down the table as we are, it'll be a return to a relegation battle, and Mr Rooney failed to survive his previous one.
I know some people are saying he needs time, and maybe he does, but he should not have changed it so dramatically as he has once the season was up and running.
It doesn't look like these players will get Rooney ball, and to bring in the players who CAN play the type of football Rooney wants, would need a massive turnover and investment, which we just cannot do because of P&S (FFP) restrictions.
Fom 6th in the table on the 11th Oct, when Rooney took over, to 15th in the table, on 11th Nov, 1 point from a possible 15 points, 4 losses and 1 draw, it's got to be turned around, and bloody quickly, with or without Rooney, otherwise it will be too late.
15:53, Sat 11 Nov
Last 4 games been fairly hard opposition BUT Sheffield Wednesday should not be.
He and the board know this.
If he doesn't win that it's a clear message it's gone wrong.
A win would be massive and lead us to the next few easy games after.
Leading us to the January transfer window.
MASSIVE NEXT GAME.

Graham Potter...get yourself warmed up.
15:59, Sat 11 Nov
Can we even afford to sack him if it came to it?

I assume we've not got £3m spare on the FFP sheet?

These are just questions, I'm not saying we should sack him, before the same usual suspects come on and accuse me of being dramatic 😴
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H

Re: Erm...

16:01, Sat 11 Nov
Dirty Bertie
StechyBlue
Maybe our players simply aren’t very good, aren’t very fit, aren’t very intelligent and don’t care that much?

Maybe they are deliberately consciously or subconsciously playing to get Rooney out because they are loyal to Eustace?

The players are getting away with their share of responsibility

They seemed alright to me when we were 6th / 7th was it?

Battled some good wins... defended for the 90. Bodies on line.

Some good wins.

Yes and some absolutely dire performances as well.

QPR, Watford, Norwich etc;

So many of our fans overrate our players e.g. Colin and Pedersen were supposedly the best full backs in the Championship.

I am not excusing Rooney but neither do I think that the players should escape their share of the blame.

I agree I don’t think any of our better players had good games today. You can’t expect to win away at Sunderland when only 2/3 players have turned up.
16:02, Sat 11 Nov

I agree I don’t think any of our better players had good games today. You can’t expect to win away at Sunderland when only 2/3 players have turned up.

Now i'm confused - i just listened to Wayne and he said we were excellent and defensively we were excellent.

You saying he lied ?
16:21, Sat 11 Nov
Agree it’s not going to happen due to what it would cost us to pay off the 3.5 yr contracts of Rooney and entourage unless an agreement could be reached. My understanding is we are still very much on the limits with FFP.
16:23, Sat 11 Nov
No. Things aren't going to change overnight, it takes time implement a change in style. Unless we look dead and buried he should be given until the end of the season.
16:25, Sat 11 Nov
Wayne Effing Rooney
Can we even afford to sack him if it came to it?

I assume we've not got £3m spare on the FFP sheet?

These are just questions, I'm not saying we should sack him, before the same usual suspects come on and accuse me of being dramatic 😴

I assume we'd just stick him on gardening leave to draw a salary until 1st July 2024 (new financial year).

In the meantime if a Saudi club offered him £100k a week he could leave without us paying compensation.
Birmingham City: coming up with new ways to ruin your weekend since 1875
16:26, Sat 11 Nov
I calculated the comparison between Rooney and Zola in their first 5 League games:
Rooney’s first 5 games
0 wins, 1 draw 4 losses.
Scored 4, conceded 11 goals = - 7 GD

Zola first 5 League games
0 wins, 2 draws, 3 losses
Scored 4, conceded 8 = -4 GD

The statistics is eerily similar, but Zola is so far had a better record than Rooney. It took the Italian 11 games in all competition, 49 days (1 month and 18 days) to get his first win as blues manager; an 1-0 victory at home against Fulham. Another 20 days for his 2nd and final victory away at Wolves, staying at the club for another 2 months without a win until he resigned on 17 April 2017 following a 2–0 home defeat to Burton Albion.

Wonder how long till Rooney gets his first win? 😬
16:29, Sat 11 Nov
I wander how many managers have resigned in the championship since Zola? It can't be many.
16:31, Sat 11 Nov
£3m might be on the low side for just Rooney for 3.5 yrs. Then add the costs of Cole, O’Shea, Robinson and Shuttleworth.