07:20, Sun 12 Nov
One point from fifteen.

From 6th to 18th

A team that cannot seem to see a player in a blue shirt

Sheffield Wednesday and Rotherham expected to be an ‘easy’ six points - both rubbing their hands in anticipation (said the same last year about the bottom teams coming to St Andrews and we giving them the points to end their bad runs)

Relegation form.

But I gotta go, as others seem to think my mattress is a bit damp…
08:25, Sun 12 Nov
They’re not demoralised, in parts they look very much together as a team and trying their best it’s just bad coaching and tactics leading to our defence looking about as solid as a melted chocolate bar.

The main issue is we are now shipping goals for fun, Sunderland should have been 3-0 up before we scored. We might play some nice football in periods but until we stop shipping goals/letting teams have multiple big chances we will find it very difficult to win a football match.

Also, the substitutions in every game so far have left me more perplexed than the performances… need 2 goals so he takes off Stansfield and Miyoshi? Absolutely crazy
08:43, Sun 12 Nov
blueberry
His sacking, (and Cook's) can't come soon enough. He's turned a quality Championship team with some real quality players into a League One team in a matter of a few weeks. He can't be allowed to continue.

Rooney has demonstrated incredible arrogance, stupidity and cluelessness. He needs a new career, not just a new job.

And someone other than Cook needs to choose the next manager.

Agreed.
Well said.

Rooney is a disaster of an appointment.

KRO (Kick Rooney Out)
09:23, Sun 12 Nov
Wayne Effing Rooney
newblue
This is just some nonsense observation. Who looke demoralised, when?

Sanderson, in most games since, in my opinion.
Sanderson is not a good player, he is bang average
09:24, Sun 12 Nov
I’ve not been truly on board with this appointment from day one however I was prepared to give him until Christmas.

But…..I have that same gut feeling I had when zola was here. Nothing against the bloke but the footballing philosophy isn’t appropriate to the footballing quality we have in the players available.

We have some talented players, but it’s just not happening.
Matthew 11:28
10:35, Sun 12 Nov
He needs to reshuffle next game..bring in Etheridge for Ruddy,Long for Sanderson ( who definitely has to be rested) Hall (for Bacuna) and Hogan (for Burke). But try and find the positions each player is strongest playing. Bielek and JJ should be persevered with and ditch the narrow setup and try to stop opponents playing wide.
10:44, Sun 12 Nov
Should never been appointed but now he has, it would be madness and unfair to get rid without a transfer window or two.

So as much as he wasn’t wanted for me, I want him to be given a fair crack.
11:05, Sun 12 Nov
JourneyOn
Should never been appointed but now he has, it would be madness and unfair to get rid without a transfer window or two.

Honestly can't see wayne being the man to take this club forward, I'd love to see it but I highly doubt it. Lee Clark has a higher overall win ratio than wazza
11:24, Sun 12 Nov
I don't like calling for early change. I posted on here after 6 games of Lee Clark that we needed to get rid. This feels similar.

I did not want Rooney to start with but was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. I have seen nothing to suggest his coaching team and him are making progress with this squad in any of the areas that matter.

He was a great footballer but does not seem cut out to be a manager/head coach.
11:26, Sun 12 Nov
jaspersbovril
He needs to reshuffle next game..bring in Etheridge for Ruddy,Long for Sanderson ( who definitely has to be rested) Hall (for Bacuna) and Hogan (for Burke). But try and find the positions each player is strongest playing. Bielek and JJ should be persevered with and ditch the narrow setup and try to stop opponents playing wide.

He might as well try Etheridge to be fair.

Ruddy and his kicking and throws to Sunderland players yesterday - you'd think he was their keeper.
11:28, Sun 12 Nov
The club is still going to be constrained financially. If he's not good enough, the last thing they need to do is allow him to waste money on picking players to loan or buy. In our current structure that's not his job anyway.

Eustace had the same squad at his disposal and was getting a tune out of them. Rowett came in after we were battered by Bournemouth and improved results immediately without being able to change the squad. My point being a good/competent coach makes the best of what he has available. A bad coach can't.
11:39, Sun 12 Nov
JourneyOn

Why would we want to give the man who has overseen the last 5 games a transfer window though?

You can just tell already he doesn't have it. Spending money for him is a total waste.
11:40, Sun 12 Nov
BlueSA
I don't like calling for early change. I posted on here after 6 games of Lee Clark that we needed to get rid. This feels similar.

I did not want Rooney to start with but was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. I have seen nothing to suggest his coaching team and him are making progress with this squad in any of the areas that matter.

He was a great footballer but does not seem cut out to be a manager/head coach.

5 games is hardly giving the benefit of doubt. It was a tough run of games for anyone to start with. I doubt golden boy Eustace would have done any better, maybe an extra point from somewhere. It'll be this time next year before we reap the rewards of the change in style and mentality, that's if he's still here.
11:42, Sun 12 Nov
Yorkshireblue
JourneyOn

Why would we want to give the man who has overseen the last 5 games a transfer window though
?

You can just tell already he doesn't have it. Spending money for him is a total waste.

To get players who can play his preferred style. It's not him doing the buying anyway. The club want to implement a style and will have players lined up to suit that. Doesn't matter if Rooney is in charge or someone else as the style that want will remain the same.
12:11, Sun 12 Nov
BlueNoseinFrampton
He would struggle to manage Greg's

Greg who and Greg’s what?