18:20, Sat 11 Nov
Only I person in the world thought it might work? Right.
18:21, Sat 11 Nov
newblue
Only I person in the world thought it might work? Right.

Go on then.. what about Rooney's previous managerial role and acumen do you think got him the job?

I know football is very nepotistic but at least managers are generally hired with at least some pedigree.
18:22, Sat 11 Nov
Having just got in from watching that 2nd half and listening to the piss taking and ridicule we're getting on national radio ...yeah

Might be a different answer a bit later

I want to judge him in the summer after 30 odd games rather than 5 against in form sides ...he might not make it that far though
18:34, Sat 11 Nov
Having just got in from watching that 2nd half and listening to the piss taking and ridicule we're getting on national radio ...yeah

I want to judge him in the summer after 30 odd games rather than 5 against in form sides ...he might not make it that far though

"against in form sides"

Sunderland had only won 1 in their last 5 before today
18:37, Sat 11 Nov
I just hope they dont let him sign a load of his mates in Jan. High wages then sack him anyway.
If I had the wings of a sparrow
18:38, Sat 11 Nov
Rags

"against in form sides"

Sunderland had only won 1 in their last 5 before today

Yeah fair enough

Southampton
Boro
Sunderland

is a tough first 3 away games tbf

I might have hoped for 3 points, and been delighted with 4
18:39, Sat 11 Nov
Sigh
18:41, Sat 11 Nov
i desperately want the Blues manager to do well, as we all do … but is anyone finding it hard to warm to Rooney as a character and take him seriously even in the role

i hope it changes and this is just a blip
18:46, Sat 11 Nov
Well, obviously they are. I think when things aren’t going well, every word/skin tone of a manager, especially one so in the public eye is pored (no pun intended) over. He seems alright to me on the whole. I appreciate he’s a scouser and some find that hard to take.
19:18, Sat 11 Nov
He exudes no authority to me. His slurring and mumbling interviews are as uninspiring as it gets.

The players claim to be buying into his methods but they wouldn’t say anything else. I can’t see they are enthused or motivated by him as a unit, they are playing as individuals and not very well at that.

When he eventually goes ( and that’s inevitable ) we’ll learn the truth from them. One thing is for certain, he won’t be as fondly commended as JE was.

Re: Erm...

19:23, Sat 11 Nov
Too many flicks and tricks and around the corner passes that to them . Come on Blues ….
19:23, Sat 11 Nov
His command of the English language leaves something to be desired ,how someone can say "excellent" when the word they are looking for is "execrable" totally escapes me
20:07, Sat 11 Nov
I'm knocking on a bit (65) but I can't understand a word he says. He just mumbled uninspired shite IMO.
If I had the wings of a sparrow
20:28, Sat 11 Nov
TrickyBlue
I hate the whole “lost the dressing room” stuff. The manager should be above the players, it should be his way or they know where the door is. I know it’s not that simple and it does happen but it annoys me how much power players have these days.

More to it than that though. Motivation, communication, trust. All play a part. It's not as simple as whether they accept "his way" or whether they even understand what that is supposed to be. I suspect that they don't really know what he is trying to do.
Dirty Bertie
StechyBlue
Maybe our players simply aren’t very good, aren’t very fit, aren’t very intelligent and don’t care that much?

Maybe they are deliberately consciously or subconsciously playing to get Rooney out because they are loyal to Eustace?

The players are getting away with their share of responsibility

They seemed alright to me when we were 6th / 7th was it?

Battled some good wins... defended for the 90. Bodies on line.

Some good wins.

Yes and some absolutely dire performances as well.

QPR, Watford, Norwich etc;

So many of our fans overrate our players e.g. Colin and Pedersen were supposedly the best full backs in the Championship.

I am not excusing Rooney but neither do I think that the players should escape their share of the blame.

Agreed. So why do so many, including Cook and Rooney it would seem, seem to think they can suddenly play like Man City? You can't blame the players for that.