14:56, Sat 11 Nov
#DingDong
This will upset many on here ...here we go

Agreed gotta give him time, worry is Rooney is Cooks choice so he’ll get too much time
I think he will get a lot of time. He will also get resources in January. I doubt he is a bad enough manager to relegate us although low confidence can produce a sequence of poor results. We have some very good players though.
14:57, Sat 11 Nov
BlueSteve
#DingDong
This will upset many on here ...here we go

Agreed gotta give him time, worry is Rooney is Cooks choice so he’ll get too much time
I think he will get a lot of time. He will also get resources in January. I doubt he is a bad enough manager to relegate us although low confidence can produce a sequence of poor results. We have some very good players though.

And money brings you success on the field of course.... how are Chelsea doing remind me ?
14:58, Sat 11 Nov
Rags
Yorkshireblue
Is it 1 point out of 15 now?

Graham Potter is the man.
If the pro Rooney faction were told Potter was taking over how many would be dissapointed?

Nooooo, we can't do that ..... Rooney has more followers on social media than Potter
Oh yeah.
14:59, Sat 11 Nov
Because they're not protected anymore by the partnership of Beilik and Sunjic as Rooney has been told he's not allowed to play that way....whoever comes in will be told they must try and play the attacking style that the Americans crave

Unfortunately I just don't think we have the quality of players to play in such a way plus it's very hard to play like that in the Championship anyway
...Jesus Christ he just said he thought the defence was excellent 😤

Re: Erm...

15:00, Sat 11 Nov
GBBlue
Iain_Gavin
GBBlue
StechyBlue
Did Rowett just have a pop at Rooney he said doesn’t matter about talking about style of play if you can’t get the basics right! 😂

Hes right. We've forgotten how to pass. Give it away so easy. Cant defend. Look clueless in attack. And pretty much any identity has gone.

Reminder we were unbeaten at home until the change. We had identity. It was called 'hard to beat'. People wanted to take their kids to the games again...incl me.

Now everyone who plays us has their eye on 3 points.

Fans are pissed off lots of frustration. I will think very carefully before taking him now. Can see it getting nasty.

Reminder under St Eustace we had only won 1 away game.

When do you think we will get the first away win under Rooney?

I don’t think Eustace was right in the the long term, I don’t think Rooney was right appointment but I maintain the main problem is the players. Both the poor recruitment and their individual performances.

The recruitment had been universally praised this summer - the only gripe was not getting the out and out pacy goalscorer that we couldnt afford anyway

Players who were outstanding under Eustace - Long, Bielik, Dembele - are now out of favour and others like Longelo and Sanderson look lost and clueless
Thank heavens we had 18 points, the same players got on the board before this appointment and run of results.

All changed now and looking at Sheff Wed, Rotherham, Coventry & Plymouth as such big games now coming up in the next 6 weeks, as we've proved we clearly can't compete with mid-table to play off contention teams at the moment and pick up a few points from them, that we were earlier in the season.

15:03, Sat 11 Nov
Iain_Gavin
GBBlue
Iain_Gavin
GBBlue
StechyBlue
Did Rowett just have a pop at Rooney he said doesn’t matter about talking about style of play if you can’t get the basics right! 😂

Hes right. We've forgotten how to pass. Give it away so easy. Cant defend. Look clueless in attack. And pretty much any identity has gone.

Reminder we were unbeaten at home until the change. We had identity. It was called 'hard to beat'. People wanted to take their kids to the games again...incl me.

Fans are pissed off lots of frustration. I will think very carefully before taking him now. Can see it getting nasty.

When do you think we will get the first away win under Rooney?

I don’t think Eustace was right in the the long term, I don’t think Rooney was right appointment but I maintain the main problem is the players. Both the poor recruitment and their individual performances.

The recruitment had been universally praised this summer - the only gripe was not getting the out and out pacy goalscorer that we couldnt afford anyway

Players who were outstanding under Eustace - Long, Bielik, Dembele - are now out of favour and others like Longelo and Sanderson look lost and clueless
Longelo, Bielik and Dembele were really good under JE.
Mr Miyagi and the X-Men
...Jesus Christ he just said he thought the defence was excellent 😤

He actually said the defending was excellent throughout the game. Those were his exact words.

I’m effing speechless!!!! That’s a complete joke and an insult to all of us who have just sat and watched it.

A ridiculous, awful summing up WR. Go watch it back.
15:05, Sat 11 Nov
I couldn't really care about Eustace, but equally I found myself (like lots on here, I think) backing him more than I would have because of all the grim DVB bile he got, which always bubbles to the surface.

Combine that with the fact that,in my opinion, Rooney seems unlikely to ever be a top grade manager, and well, here we are.

Cook holds the a can for that, and whether it's in December, May or October,chances are Rooney will be moved on. I just hope they have a decent long-term manager in place well ahead of next season.
GBBlue
StechyBlue

True but should have beaten preston, and got a point at watford. We got a good point v Swansea. Sometimes it's how you lose that counts. Norwich aside, JE done ok away from home this season imo

Exactly...i was asking myself what is it thats missing and i realised...belief.

I believed each game under eustace we had a shot if we are on our game. Yeah we had a few off days but we felt like we were improving slowly...

Under Rooney i have lost beleif that we can get anything from any game. Ive lost that excitement. We are worse. Not improving. No identity at all. And the basics have fallen apart.

Exactly what happened under zola. Fans turned and we were in a relegation battle.
15:09, Sat 11 Nov
TaylorJay84
Wayne Effing Rooney
How many games do we think he's got?

He will get the season and summer, people need to just accept it.
Cooks put his neck on the block he won’t sack him imo.

What if we're in the bottom 3?
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H

15:10, Sat 11 Nov
Maybe our players simply aren’t very good, aren’t very fit, aren’t very intelligent and don’t care that much?

Maybe they are deliberately consciously or subconsciously playing to get Rooney out because they are loyal to Eustace?

The players are getting away with their share of responsibility

They seemed alright to me when we were 6th / 7th was it?

Battled some good wins... defended for the 90. Bodies on line.

Some good wins.
15:16, Sat 11 Nov
Wayne Effing Rooney
TaylorJay84
Wayne Effing Rooney
How many games do we think he's got?

He will get the season and summer, people need to just accept it.
Cooks put his neck on the block he won’t sack him imo.

What if we're in the bottom 3?[/quote

It’s naive to think that Rooney will get this season and summer, the club has brought with the aim of getting into the Premier League. If we look like we will get relegated this season he will be sacked and another manager appointed. I hope he has the ability to turn this round the last thing we need to change the manager again but it’s not looking good
15:23, Sat 11 Nov
Embarrassing