19:38, Sat 28 Nov
Fair points though it will be interesting to see if he can do it on the limited resources in comparison
19:39, Sat 28 Nov
You might be arguing, I'm just asking a question or two, unanswered I note. I wonder why 😂

Because I noted what you said and didn't think it was worthy of comment, tbh. Think you know what a figure of speech is too.
19:42, Sat 28 Nov
Pre lockdown, with the players i genuinely think Pep was better, certainly more entertaining
19:42, Sat 28 Nov
Ahh the I'll only answer what I agree with mode 😉

As a figure of speech of course 😛
19:43, Sat 28 Nov
We were, had some poor results, some very good ones too. Maybe we do need Dong back to influence things 😂
19:45, Sat 28 Nov
BlueNoseinFrampton
Pre lockdown, with the players i genuinely think Pep was better, certainly more entertaining

If Pep had a keeper the quality of Etheridge he might still be here
19:46, Sat 28 Nov
My in law’s are all Boro fans, and they’ve constantly said that he’ll makes Blues solid, and defensive sound, once he’s happy with that he’ll move on to the attack. Even then it won’t be free flowing attacking football, but it will be effective.
After speaking to them, I’m confident he’ll get it right, but it’ll take time.
Any manager needs a minimum of 18 months to bring in his changes... so expect a few more months of this before things move forward.

It's what he does, generally - think we all knew that when it was being mooted he may become our next boss. He has always struck me as a methodical type, also they type that won't stand much interference from above either. I'm also hopeful he'll improve us eventually and he definitely has defensively, so that does give a bit of credence to what your in laws say 👍
19:46, Sat 28 Nov
Ahh the I'll only answer what I agree with mode 😉

As a figure of speech of course 😛

I agree with that.
19:47, Sat 28 Nov

Bangs head against wall.
19:47, Sat 28 Nov
One of the things that intrigues about these kind of threads is the latitude some people are given compared to others.

Under AK we've played 14 games, scored 10 goals (just 3 from open play) and got 16 points and are in 17th place.
Sure we've stopped shipping goals - but that's largely due to playing effectively 7 defenders.
We still have no idea what our best starting team or general tactics with the ball are
We still haven't worked out how to play to our only serious attacker's main strength.
Yet the majority here still seem to be saying 'give him time'...'project in development'

Now I'm no statto, so am happy to be shot down by those who can recall where we were after 14 games in 19/20.
But what I do know is we were starting to sort out a way of playing attacking football
We were starting to be able to play pass and move
We were starting to establish a style of play.
Yet the majority here were barely behind Pep at all - and 3 games like the last 3 we've suffered - this board would have been mad.

Yes of course, post lockdown was stupid and abject - but hardly normal.
19:48, Sat 28 Nov
Scoobers
Fair points though it will be interesting to see if he can do it on the limited resources in comparison

He’s bought decent players, and attacking types.
I genuinely believe his style will be defensively tight, first and foremost, but the intent will be developed over time
19:49, Sat 28 Nov
El Mayor
Robert Hopkins
I disagree that the squad was the worst in the league - they achieved the worst but that was due to the lemon that was Pep. To state my case i am far from calling for his head, he is our manager and will support him its just my opinion of not wanting him is being borne out.

It is very much looking like he has signed players and not a team and i'm frustrated beyond belief.

They were statistically the worst in the league. That is not an opinion, that is a fact.

It’s not a fact actually. Norwich had a worse league record after lockdown - played 9 lost 9 - at least we got a few draws after lockdown, which actually kept us in the division. I think the whole Pep/Dong situation had some impact on our post lockdown performance.
19:50, Sat 28 Nov
yorksblue
One of the things that intrigues about these kind of threads is the latitude some people are given compared to others.

Under AK we've played 14 games, scored 10 goals (just 3 from open play) and got 16 points and are in 17th place.
Sure we've stopped shipping goals - but that's largely due to playing effectively 7 defenders.
We still have no idea what our best starting team or general tactics with the ball are
We still haven't worked out how to play to our only serious attacker's main strength.
Yet the majority here still seem to be saying 'give him time'...'project in development'

Now I'm no statto, so am happy to be shot down by those who can recall where we were after 14 games in 19/20.
But what I do know is we were starting to sort out a way of playing attacking football
We were starting to be able to play pass and move
We were starting to establish a style of play.
Yet the majority here were barely behind Pep at all - and 3 games like the last 3 we've suffered - this board would have been mad.

Yes of course, post lockdown was stupid and abject - but hardly normal.

Because he had no track record. He had worked at Oxford and Malmö or something.

The good performances didn’t matter. Barely anybody believed in him, certainly not the old heads in the team
19:50, Sat 28 Nov
[www.skysports.com]

My own issue with Karanka is his style of football. It's dull. His teams are predominantly set up to contain the opposition as a priority. There have been a number of games I've watched this season where I have been crying out for Forest to start on the front foot and it hasn't happened.

The squad is now littered with talented attacking players but for some reason, we cannot seem to click into fourth gear consistently. At home we play with two sitting defensive midfielders and a striker feeding off scraps ... the 'stifle first' mentality has grated on me all season long and I've spent most half-times bemoaning why we have two sitting midfielder players holding hands with centre halves when the opposition have come to park the bus!

Not sure he's going to change his style with us, thats why he/ we need a few decent results IMO
19:51, Sat 28 Nov
Scoobers
We only went truly downhill after Pep said he was leaving. Easy to forget IMO.

Although the signs were there before he said he was leaving. We conceeded three or more goals in 10 games prior to lockdown.