20:53, Mon 18 Dec
Talking about prem league teams. It’s another level.
I don't understand Bacuna's role in this set up. He is not a winger. If none of the CM's are going to hold in front of the defence then we might as well play Bacuna as one of those 3 and get Miyoshi out on the wing.
We’ve been lucky to keep it at 1:2 they have been brilliant. The crowd seem to be appreciating the effort being shown.
20:54, Mon 18 Dec
The defending, it's way to high.
20:54, Mon 18 Dec
Charcy
Radavis
Senor_Droolcup
TaylorJay84
Second yellow then ref? Its a dive ffs

Absolutely should have been off

I reckon the referee saw enough contact to warrant him falling over but not enough for a foul. Quite Sensible decision really.

I quite often agree with you but this is nonsense.

He clearly took a tumble and looked at the ref for a decision.. that’s simulation therefore a yellow card.
Even Aiwu give him what’s for, for it.
Not sure there’s much to disagree with tbh.
20:55, Mon 18 Dec
I much prefer this than sticking 10 men behind the ball at home, hoping for a break or set piece, and still losing 0-3.
Biggest negative for me so far is two of their players taking an absolute piss all over the tilton.
Not going to read the thread but we need to get better at fouling in their half if we play that high and open.

I think Rooney is going to turn us into a decent side with better players. We play some good stuff and for me are showing sprouts of what is going to be the best football we've played for a long time.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
20:56, Mon 18 Dec
BeauBarry
Felix1875
Blatant dive by Mavididi - should have been a second yellow and off

Even more blatant that Dembeles the other night. The inconsistency is mind blowing.

Part of the difference is that if it would have been the other way around (a Blues player on a yellow diving), then Leicester players like Dewsbury-Hall would be making a big deal of it so the ref has to make a decision - we just accept things whilst others influence things. It's the same as not committing tactical fouls enough - we are too nice/naive.
Ricky Blotto
Biggest negative for me so far is two of their players taking an absolute piss all over the tilton.

Even Harry Winks was apologising to the fans for Mavididi’s celebration.
Not a bad first half. I can’t believe Winks was playing for England a couple of years ago and is still only 27, we’ve got 3 working knees between our entire midfield 3, and JJ’s a kid.

Stansfield is still young and Bacuna is inconsistent at best.

Man for man they are a much, much better side, that for 20 minutes I thought we outplayed them says a lot. If I was Rooney, I’d think about steadying the defence and trying to grab a goal. But who knows, nothing to be ashamed of so far from my pint of view.
Nikola Zigic
I actually see no negatives so far.

Play like this going forward and we'll be fine.

If Blues had played this Leicester team in the first 3 or 4 games since Rooney came in, we'd have been embarrassed and it'd have been 7, 8, 9 nil.

Tonight we're giving them a decent game other than two counter attacks that exposed the still lingering defensive naivety.

The progression is absolutely there to see.
20:57, Mon 18 Dec
That effer who celebrated needs to be booted into the stands.

Think we've gave it a really good go. I would swap bacuna and dembele.

We just need to be smarter. Set pieces especially these look poor.
Nikola Zigic
I actually see no negatives so far.

The only negative is that Leicester are very good. Based on our performance so far, I think they are the only team in this division who'd be ahead against us - 2 really clinical, pacy breaks.
Think on both goals if we had an Ederson type sweeper keeper the job is made more difficult to score, thought Ruddy although good tidy finishes was caught in no man’s land on both.