20:50, Mon 18 Dec
Thought for 20 minutes we were bloody excellent, real signs of progress against the best side in the division.
They are just better than us though and it'll be a tough second half, second goal put them in control.
It's a marker of where we want to be playing style wise, seeing these. Play with great pace. Still, Cmon me babbies, I'm happy with any signs of progression and I've already seen that tonight.
Up the feckin Blues
DirtyDen
Of course they are, but how would they do in the prem against experience?

Like I said I think they’d beat the three who went up.
They have got everything
Doubt they would be defending like Blues did.
Felix1875
Blatant dive by Mavididi - should have been a second yellow and off

Even more blatant that Dembeles the other night. The inconsistency is mind blowing.
20:51, Mon 18 Dec
Radavis
At times Beilik is playing at the top of the midfield 3, when he really should always be at the back of the midfield 3 helping out the defence. There’s obviously been a discussion about this, but the defence needs some cover.

On the flip side, we look like we could score every time we go forward, which is a nice change.

Agreed, don't like the Bielik position at all.

If we keep playing with Bielik up there well let in 3 more
20:52, Mon 18 Dec
Played well against what is essentially a Premier League team.
Unlucky that, hit the bar and then 1 down 20 seconds later.

Much improved performance, build the team around James.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
I actually see no negatives so far.

Play like this going forward and we'll be fine.
H

Consistently correct.
Radavis
Senor_Droolcup
TaylorJay84
Second yellow then ref? Its a dive ffs

Absolutely should have been off

I reckon the referee saw enough contact to warrant him falling over but not enough for a foul. Quite Sensible decision really.

I quite often agree with you but this is nonsense.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
First 25 thought we were outstanding and should of been 2-0 up. Leicester just too good.
20:53, Mon 18 Dec
DirtyDen
Doubt they would be defending like Blues did.

They aren't defending like Blues did, though. That's why they're top of the league and thirteen points clear of the playoffs before Christmas.

What does our defending have to do with Leicester's quality?
HT: 2-1 down, lots of positives to take in the game, Leicester's too good in their pace and counter attack. Players are taking it to the game, 2nd goal in the second half is important, we need to seize that chance to get back into the game.
Oh well ... first half over.

We didn't actually play that badly .... just the way we've set up leaves the defenders in impossible positions/situations against any breakaway

Changes at this stage ? .. i'd swap Bacuna and Dembele to opposite sides, tell the full backs to hold back 5 yards when we're attacking and push Bielik forward less when attacking
Bluesince62
Thought for 20 minutes we were bloody excellent, real signs of progress against the best side in the division.
They are just better than us though and it'll be a tough second half, second goal put them in control.
It's a marker of where we want to be playing style wise, seeing these. Play with great pace. Still, Cmon me babbies, I'm happy with any signs of progression and I've already seen that tonight.

Agree with this. Leicester are just frightening at this level, it’s why they’re currently 13 points clear of 3rd place.

Mavididi should have been sent off though, blatant cheating.
great first 20 minutes but we are so poor at the back. Asking Marc Roberts to defend on the halfway line is just asking for trouble. Second goal has caused everyone's head to drop - from the crowd to the players - Leicester been really wasteful in the final third or this could have been embarrassing already. We are second to every ball which is the one thing we should be able to control. Also, what the eff have we ever had an away player climb into the Tilton to celebrate? Hope that fanny breaks his leg