22:21, Mon 18 Dec
Rags
Le Mod
I am enthused overall, hard to be too downbeat. I did think we make it harder for ourselves than it needed to be at times, but it was a damn sight better than the last home game.

We need to see further progress over the Christmas fixtures and hopefully some more points

We sit back we probably get beat 3-0. Let the players learn to express themselves and learn the style that needs to be played. Cheers up.

We could have dealt quite easily with some of the things that Leicester excel at without compromising our own attacking threat at all.

How did we benefit at all from Bielik playing so far forward ?

How did we benefit from the full back not playing 5 yards deeper?

How did we benefit from not setting up to defend the breakaways after our own free kicks ?

Don't get me wrong though - i still think Leicester would have found a way to beat us - but we DID make it too easy for them at times

No-one is suggesting that negating opponent's obvious threats is necessarily "sitting back"

So do you think they would have beaten us by less than one goal in your magnificent system?

I noticed that you mentioned the deflection for JJs second, did you mention that for their much bigger one for their third scored by the lad who should have been sent off, who somehow won man of the match.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
22:22, Mon 18 Dec
Buzzing after that in all honesty, by far the best performance of recent times.

Jordan James is going to be a star, build the midfield around that lad.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
22:24, Mon 18 Dec
Rags
Rags
Oh well .. full time

Definite positive performances - tactically naive - but if we had set up different it's probable that Leicester would have found a different way to beat us anyway

Tactically progressive. We are improving. You aren't ever going to be okay with Rooney.

I will be delighted if Rooney is a success - don't know how many times i have to repeat that.

By being massively over critical on route to that would make you look a massive tw@t you know that right? Because that's what you are doing with virtually every post on the matter.
22:25, Mon 18 Dec
Perfectly described on sky by the panel.

We’re a side caught between two stools atm, players who can and can’t do what the system requires.
They played through us with pace, speed and athleticism, watching Sunjic & Bielik against that was painful, along with the defenders who just had to back off at every point of attack.

No shame in being outplayed by better players and a better team though.
Blues squad I dare say will look very different after the summer.
Just about progression and implementing a style of play this season.
22:27, Mon 18 Dec
Rags
Le Mod
I am enthused overall, hard to be too downbeat. I did think we make it harder for ourselves than it needed to be at times, but it was a damn sight better than the last home game.

We need to see further progress over the Christmas fixtures and hopefully some more points

We sit back we probably get beat 3-0. Let the players learn to express themselves and learn the style that needs to be played. Cheers up.

We could have dealt quite easily with some of the things that Leicester excel at without compromising our own attacking threat at all.

How did we benefit at all from Bielik playing so far forward ?

How did we benefit from the full back not playing 5 yards deeper?

How did we benefit from not setting up to defend the breakaways after our own free kicks ?

Don't get me wrong though - i still think Leicester would have found a way to beat us - but we DID make it too easy for them at times

No-one is suggesting that negating opponent's obvious threats is necessarily "sitting back"

So do you think they would have beaten us by less than one goal in your magnificent system?

I noticed that you mentioned the deflection for JJs second, did you mention that for their much bigger one for their third scored by the lad who should have been sent off, who somehow won man of the match.

Wow ... just wow.

I'm merely suggesting we made it too easy for them at times and could have made them work a lot harder for the victory ... but they would have beaten us somehow anyway.

My "magnificent system" ??? WTF ?? just pointing out where we were tactically at fault for when we we were playing Leicester -
22:29, Mon 18 Dec
bbtl
Charcy
Rags
Oh well .. full time

Definite positive performances - tactically naive - but if we had set up different it's probable that Leicester would have found a different way to beat us anyway

Tactically progressive. We are improving. You aren't ever going to be okay with Rooney.

Yep, thought we were positive without being daft. Just done by a much better team

I thought we flattered to deceive though played better than we have in many of the recent games. EG suggests we should have lost 1-4. so would have been a fairer result IMO.

How ever there are signs of a change. Not sure if Rooney is a Manager yet but second half performance was way more promising than the first.

In short we need better player than we have to play the way we're trying to

Like every stat xg is pointless without context. Could've easily been 1 up before their first. Their second was another break away. They obviously had more quality than us but I though we played and fought really well.
22:31, Mon 18 Dec
Rags
Rags
Oh well .. full time

I will be delighted if Rooney is a success - don't know how many times i have to repeat that.

By being massively over critical on route to that would make you look a massive tw@t you know that right? Because that's what you are doing with virtually every post on the matter.

I've never criticised Rooney as a person, unike many on here

I've criticised how he was trying to play which thankfully (not down to me obviously) he has now diluted to playing a much better, but compromised version, of what he was trying to play at first.

There's been a massive improvement over the last two games when we've played a hybrid version of his original attempts
22:35, Mon 18 Dec
So there's progression you agree. When we get better players we will continue to progress without just becoming another lower midtable hard to beat, yet actually easy to beat more often than not, team.
22:37, Mon 18 Dec
Charcy
Rags
Rags
Oh well .. full time

Have you ever seen Rags and Rasputin in the same room as they both post such negativity after a performance like that.
Personally, if we can get 2 decent midfielders and a playing goalkeeper, it will put us in good stead.
22:40, Mon 18 Dec
So there's progression you agree. When we get better players we will continue to progress without just becoming another four lower midtable hard to beat yet actually easy to beat more often than not team.

Genuinely not sure i understand that - but, yes there's definitely improvement over the first 9 games, since he has reined in the previous daft inept attempts.

He's not far off now the point where we can out perform the way JE was playing - in fact we're probably already there - all will become clearer after the next game
22:46, Mon 18 Dec
Mate, we've gone from comfortable top ten, to shipping goals game after game via embarrassing defending, and slipped to the bottom third.

You may be happy with that, but I'm not.
The cold never bothered me anyway
22:47, Mon 18 Dec
Rags
So there's progression you agree. When we get better players we will continue to progress without just becoming another four lower midtable hard to beat yet actually easy to beat more often than not team.

Genuinely not sure i understand that - but, yes there's definitely improvement over the first 9 games, since he has reined in the previous daft inept attempts.

He's not far off now the point where we can out perform the way JE was playing - in fact we're probably already there - all will become clearer after the next game

👍🏻 After the next ten to twenty games though. Winning the next three won't solve everything and neither will only getting one win. Performances and pattern need to keep improving whilst getting points. With time we will see which players can cope with the style of football required and which can't.
22:48, Mon 18 Dec
Rasputin
Mate, we've gone from comfortable top ten, to shipping goals game after game via embarrassing defending, and slipped to the bottom third.

Comfortably top ten is a stretch, we were 6th granted but 3pts off 15th.
22:50, Mon 18 Dec
After 11 games as well 🤣

"Comfortable" 🤣
22:51, Mon 18 Dec

No-one can be happy with that .... and no-one with a brain could have been happy with the way we shaped up in Rooney's first games - it was inept.... BUT he has now adopted a compromised system which is much more sensible, suited and will hopefully be more effective against teams that aren't Leicester.

Despite us setting up the wrong way tonight (which should have been treated as a "one off") i think over time we will end up playing okay