22:02, Mon 18 Dec
Felix1875
Great performance tonight, if not for the ref giving them every possible decision we'd have had a chance - can't fault the players or staff for that though, KRO

I think that’s a stretch. I don’t think in terms of clear and obvious errors the ref missed much, having said that the one he did miss for me, was the challenge on Buchanan, that was a straight red but the Lino was their to help, but didn’t.

Overall, Leicester will walk this league, maybe even beating the record. This won’t define our season but Leicesters 3 reserve strikers would be starters for us, their 3 reserve CM’s would walk into our team.

I’m sad we lost, but really pleased in the manor we did so. Really impressed with the effort and think we’ll hammer Plymouth. The seeds are there, I have faith, and Christmas is all about faith.
22:02, Mon 18 Dec
Bottled it twice for me, first not giving their 10 a second yellow for simulation. Second allowing the challenge on Buchanan to go unpunished. Straight red for me. Right or wrong. Would have been a different game had one of those decisions been different!

but to be fair, on the simulation i thought there was contact myself (not enough to go down or for a penalty) and it wasn't until a replay that i saw there was no contact whatsoever.

VAR wouldn't have got him a booking there either.... VAR doesn't give bookings

VAR would probably have given a red for the tackle on Buchanan
22:03, Mon 18 Dec
Well, I'm finally seeing progress. Leicester are ruthless but we managed to give them a scare. Against anyone else in this division tonight we'd have a least a point on that performance.
22:03, Mon 18 Dec
So much better tonight, just undone by blistering counter attacks, we competed especially when we went 3-1 down, to be fair at one point I thought we were going to concede a shed load so fair play to the lads for having a right go
22:04, Mon 18 Dec
I hope Leicester lose in the play off final with Mavididi missing the decisive penalty. Absolute tool

Back to Blues, I can see what they’re trying to do and they’re getting better at it. Some real positives tonight, JJ continues to get better and Dembele and Stansfield were a real handful. Hopefully they continue the upward trend and can turn these positives into points over the next few weeks
Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can’t face reality
22:06, Mon 18 Dec
So much better tonight, just undone by blistering counter attacks, we competed especially when we went 3-1 down, to be fair at one point I thought we were going to concede a shed load so fair play to the lads for having a right go

Yeah i hate us even dropping a single point ... ever ... but sometimes have to concede afterwards that the other team are a lot better than us and even if some decisions or incidents had gone a different way they would still have found a way to beat us.
22:07, Mon 18 Dec
Leicester have the best players and possibly squad to have graced this division in many many years. If they continue to have referees who miss leg breaking challenges, allow players to celebrate goals in home stands and don’t give yellows for dives then they will break the records their massive FFP advantage deserves.

I think there are lots of positives to take from our performance if we carry that level of intensity into the next few games.
22:09, Mon 18 Dec
I am enthused overall, hard to be too downbeat. I did think we make it harder for ourselves than it needed to be at times, but it was a damn sight better than the last home game.

We need to see further progress over the Christmas fixtures and hopefully some more points
Happy Clapper
22:09, Mon 18 Dec
Rags
Oh well .. full time

Definite positive performances - tactically naive - but if we had set up different it's probable that Leicester would have found a different way to beat us anyway

Tactically progressive. We are improving. You aren't ever going to be okay with Rooney.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
22:10, Mon 18 Dec
Le Mod
I am enthused overall, hard to be too downbeat. I did think we make it harder for ourselves than it needed to be at times, but it was a damn sight better than the last home game.

We need to see further progress over the Christmas fixtures and hopefully some more points

We sit back we probably get beat 3-0. Let the players learn to express themselves and learn the style that needs to be played. Cheers up.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
22:11, Mon 18 Dec
Charcy
Rags
Oh well .. full time

Definite positive performances - tactically naive - but if we had set up different it's probable that Leicester would have found a different way to beat us anyway

Tactically progressive. We are improving. You aren't ever going to be okay with Rooney.

Yep, thought we were positive without being daft. Just done by a much better team
22:13, Mon 18 Dec
Charcy
Le Mod

We sit back we probably get beat 3-0. Let the players learn to express themselves and learn the style that needs to be played. Cheers up.

I didn’t propose sitting back, just thought we gifted them goals that they didn’t work hard for. Happy overall
Happy Clapper
22:13, Mon 18 Dec
Rags
Oh well .. full time

I will be delighted if Rooney is a success - don't know how many times i have to repeat that.
22:18, Mon 18 Dec
Le Mod

We could have dealt quite easily with some of the things that Leicester excel at without compromising our own attacking threat at all.

How did we benefit at all from Bielik playing so far forward ?

How did we benefit from the full backs not playing 5 yards deeper? which would have allowed Sanderson and Roberts to play closer to each other

How did we benefit from not setting up to defend the breakaways after our own free kicks ?

How did we benefit from not swapping Bacuna and Dembele (for tonight) playing on the opposite sides and cutting inside and compressing the Leicester defence and not allowing them to attack us at will along our wings ?

Don't get me wrong though - i still think Leicester would have found a way to beat us - but we DID make it too easy for them at times

No-one is suggesting that negating opponent's obvious threats is necessarily "sitting back"
22:20, Mon 18 Dec
Charcy
Rags
Oh well .. full time

Yep, thought we were positive without being daft. Just done by a much better team

I thought we flattered to deceive though played better than we have in many of the recent games. EG suggests we should have lost 1-4. so would have been a fairer result IMO.

How ever there are signs of a change. Not sure if Rooney is a Manager yet but second half performance was way more promising than the first.

In short we need better player than we have to play the way we're trying to