21:02, Mon 18 Dec
Charcy
Ha I think Edersen would have been in no man's land. They both received the ball with half the pitch to go!

It would be nice to have him though.

😜 I’m probably being too critical mate.
Just thought when they got to the edge he could have engaged and maybe pushed them wider or something.
KingCostly
Definitely need two new centre backs to play the way Rooney envisages. Sanderson is a lot slower than I thought.

He looked slow, but against these Leicester forwards, Red bastard Rum would have looked like he'd come off Blackpool beach, tbf to Dion.
Up the feckin Blues
Charcy
Not going to read the thread but we need to get better at fouling in their half if we play that high and open.

I think Rooney is going to turn us into a decent side with better players. We play some good stuff and for me are showing sprouts of what is going to be the best football we've played for a long time.

I agree completely.

The tactics don't suit what we've got, such as the centre halves and a high line, but I said pre game that all I wanted from tonight is signs of progression.

I actually feel a bit more confident about the upcoming run of games based on what I've seen tonight and Wednesday.

We are a bit high and open but what's the alternative, sit in and invite them on and lose anyway?

"all I wanted from tonight is signs of progression."

Performance wise it's not been bad so far - tactically it's been poor
KingCostly
Definitely need two new centre backs to play the way Rooney envisages. Sanderson is a lot slower than I thought.

Yeah I said to my old man that I don't think Sanderson will be a starter next season if we play like this.
H

Consistently correct.
The second goal, Ruddy should have stayed around the 6 yard box. Defenders were getting level with the striker to get a foot in, then goalie made it easy for him.
21:03, Mon 18 Dec
Rags
Charcy
Not going to read the thread but we need to get better at fouling in their half if we play that high and open.

I think Rooney is going to turn us into a decent side with better players. We play some good stuff and for me are showing sprouts of what is going to be the best football we've played for a long time.

I agree completely.

The tactics don't suit what we've got, such as the centre halves and a high line, but I said pre game that all I wanted from tonight is signs of progression.

I actually feel a bit more confident about the upcoming run of games based on what I've seen tonight and Wednesday.

We are a bit high and open but what's the alternative, sit in and invite them on and lose anyway?

What would you have done tonight instead?
H

Consistently correct.
21:04, Mon 18 Dec
Super Hans
Unlucky that, hit the bar and then 1 down 20 seconds later.

Much improved performance, build the team around James.

JJ has been excellent. It will be interesting to see what position he ends up sending his career - I reckon advanced midfield until he goes deeper when he hits the premier league.
21:04, Mon 18 Dec
I suppose the owners are getting what they want, we’re going toe to toe with these who are way better than anything I’ve seen in years (no exaggeration)
Think we’d of been set-up more like United at Liverpool yesterday under JE.
21:05, Mon 18 Dec
TaylorJay84
Charcy
Ha I think Edersen would have been in no man's land. They both received the ball with half the pitch to go!

It would be nice to have him though.

😜 I’m probably being too critical mate.
Just thought when they got to the edge he could have engaged and maybe pushed them wider or something.

We definitely need better and he probably should have done better yeah.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
21:05, Mon 18 Dec
Interesting that on X there are a lot of neutrals questioning why their lad hadnt been sent off for a second yellow

I wasn't sure how much contact there was in real time from the angles given (certainly not enough to go down) - but some of the replays definitely show there was no contact at all
21:07, Mon 18 Dec
We need to rid ourselves of this idea we need an ederson like keeper and two cebtre halves who are rapid n can pass like xavi.

They are worth like £50 million at least.

Leicester's centre halves aren't like van djik and they are comfortably top n not as exposed.
Rags
Charcy

I agree completely.

I know the high press has been exposed defensively, but on the other hand if we'd gone deeper, I reckon we'd still be losing but just without looking like ever scoring.
No doubt in my mind they will score 5 tonight.

Think it will end 2-5
Ricky Otto 1994-1998 - The Man, The Legend
Nikola Zigic
Rags
Charcy

I agree completely.

What would you have done tonight instead?

This is it. In the last few seasons we would have camped in our own half and hot beat 2 or 3-0 barely laying a glove. See every game against Norwich for a decade.

We've had a go and scored a goal that showed some serious quality in players.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
21:08, Mon 18 Dec
Rags
Interesting that on X there are a lot of neutrals questioning why their lad hadnt been sent off for a second yellow

I wasn't sure how much contact there was in real time from the angles given (certainly not enough to go down) - but some of the replays definitely show there was no contact at all

I haven’t seen the replays, but I wasn’t sure in real time, with my Blue glasses on. I just think if you need a load of replays to decide then o get why the ref did neither, doing nothing is the easiest decision to make.